Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,472 members, 7,812,450 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:34 PM

True Men Of God Don't Take On Titles - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / True Men Of God Don't Take On Titles (532 Views)

Elated177 Come On Zoom And Prove Your God, Don't Be A Coward / To Those Who Call Themselves True Men Of God.. / 2019 Election Prophecies: Prophet Jeremiah Fufeyin Cautions Men Of God (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

True Men Of God Don't Take On Titles by davidinchrist(m): 6:53pm On Apr 26, 2020
Taking a title is originally a worldly thing and it's not Christlike; hence, true children or servants of God don't have titles behind their names. Even Jesus himself didn't take titles like Prophet/Pastor/Father/Rev. Jesus, and neither did his disciples take any titles either. Titles only puff people up, elevate them above people of whom they are spiritually equal to, and are supposed to serve. Jesus detests and did actually speak against such:

Matthew 23:6-12 KJV

And LOVE the uppermost rooms at feasts, and the chief seats in the synagogues, [7] And greetings in the markets, and to be CALLED OF MEN, RABBI, RABBI.

[8] But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, even Christ; AND ALL YE ARE BRETHREN.

[9] And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven. [10] Neither be ye called masters: FOR ONE is your Master, even Christ.

[11] But he that is greatest among you SHALL BE YOUR SERVANT.

[12] And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased; and he that SHALL HUMBLE HIMSELF SHALL BE EXALTED. (Spiritually)

Jesus took upon himself the form of a servant: Servants don't have Titles:

Philippians 2:7-9 KJV

But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: [8] And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

[9] Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:

10. That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow...

May Jesus Bless You.
Re: True Men Of God Don't Take On Titles by Harshirama(m): 7:57pm On Apr 26, 2020
Apostle Paul nko? Titus was a bishop too.
Re: True Men Of God Don't Take On Titles by Kdon2: 8:05pm On Apr 26, 2020
Harshirama:

And apostle Jesus and reverend Peter plus father Mattew. Brother or sister is sufficient rather than egotic titles all of them bandy around.
Re: True Men Of God Don't Take On Titles by Harshirama(m): 8:09pm On Apr 26, 2020
Kdon2:

And apostle Jesus and reverend Peter plus father Mattew. Brother or sister is sufficient rather than egotic titles all of them bandy around.

They are ministry offices not titles. We only use them as titles to make it easier to identify each person based on their office. Although, there are those who aren't called by God but use these titles. If you see a person truly called, you'll recognize it yourself.
Re: True Men Of God Don't Take On Titles by davidinchrist(m): 8:09pm On Apr 26, 2020
Harshirama:

Right, but those are all Gifts in body of christ; not meant to serve as titles. For instance, I'm a witness of Jesus in the body of Christ: hence, my name is not 'Witness So and So'. I know it's very common in christendom but it's not rooted in Christ doctrine but the world.

Jesus said we are all brothers and sisters, and He alone is the Master of his true Church.

For he who cares to hear...

May Jesus Bless You.

1 Like

Re: True Men Of God Don't Take On Titles by demola21(m): 8:09pm On Apr 26, 2020
Paul called himself an apostle (a title)
Jesus allowed ppl to call him raboni aka teacher aka master (another title)

Paul teaches about being a bishop.

Therefore, uncle I am not understanding you o
Re: True Men Of God Don't Take On Titles by hibrahim(m): 8:12pm On Apr 26, 2020
davidinchrist:
Taking a title is originally a worldly thing and it's not Christlike; hence, true children or servants of God don't have titles behind their names. Even Jesus himself didn't take titles like Prophet/Pastor/Father/Rev. Jesus, and neither did his disciples take any titles either. Titles only puff people up, elevate them above people of whom they are spiritually equal to, and are supposed to serve. Jesus detests and did actually speak against such:

Matthew 23:6-12 KJV

And LOVE the uppermost rooms at feasts, and the chief seats in the synagogues, [7] And greetings in the markets, and to be CALLED OF MEN, RABBI, RABBI.

[8] But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, even Christ; AND ALL YE ARE BRETHREN.

[9] And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven. [10] Neither be ye called masters: FOR ONE is your Master, even Christ.

[11] But he that is greatest among you SHALL BE YOUR SERVANT.

[12] And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased; and he that SHALL HUMBLE HIMSELF SHALL BE EXALTED. (Spiritually)

Jesus took upon himself the form of a servant: Servants don't have Titles:

Philippians 2:7-9 KJV

But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: [8] And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

[9] Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:

10. That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow...

May Jesus Bless You.

https://www.facebook.com/713199268834780/posts/1620806464740718/
Re: True Men Of God Don't Take On Titles by davidinchrist(m): 8:14pm On Apr 26, 2020
demola21:
Paul called himself an apostle (a title)
Jesus allowed ppl to call him raboni aka teacher aka master (another title)

Paul teaches about being a bishop.

Therefore, uncle I am not understanding you o

Please check my recent reply.

Peace with you.
Re: True Men Of God Don't Take On Titles by Eviana(f): 8:30pm On Apr 26, 2020
I understand what the OP is saying.
I tried to say simething similar on a thread some weeks ago, but it got misinterpreted.

We are too obsessed with titles, acknowledgement, flash and pomp etc..everything opposite of Christ' true ministry.
There is a grave danger in getting obsessed with "titles" in Christendom.
That "pride" issue is gonna lead a lot of people on the road to "he--".
Serve the Lord humbly and with sincerity, not wanting worldly recognition.
That way you are glorifying HIM and not oneself.
It's not about "us" anyway.
The only "titles" that I can see that are needed within church circles primarily for a reference as to who is in leadership positions are "pastor" and "elder". Also the title of "prophet". The prophets of OLD-- men who actually prophesied what the LORD had told them directly about warning the people to repent-- Jeremiah, Ezekiel, Jonah, Isaiah, Amos etc...just to name a few- were some good examples. What they prophesied actually came to pass--the sign of a TRUE prophet. There were no misses...ever.
There existed and still exist a tiny number of true "prophets" and "prophetesses"...in the 19th, 20th and 21st centuries.

1 Like

Re: True Men Of God Don't Take On Titles by petra1(m): 8:32pm On Apr 26, 2020
Jesus
Re: True Men Of God Don't Take On Titles by Kdon2: 8:39pm On Apr 26, 2020
Harshirama:

They are ministry offices not titles. We only use them as titles to make it easier to identify each person based on their office. Although, there are those who aren't called by God but use these titles. If you see a person truly called, you'll recognize it yourself.

My brother if you call anyone of them brother or sister they get offended. They bask in being called daddy, mummy, father, mother in the lord, reverend and all. The truth is almost all of them lives in the exaltation their title gives them more than showcasing Jesus. Rather than showcasing Jesus they showcase themselves first and Jesus takes second place. Check their billboards you will have an idea of what i m talking about. Its them first before Jesus. They are the attraction not Jesus! They are grossly arogant and vain amassing worldly riches, traveling in convoys and private jets. Men of the world rather than men of God!

1 Like

Re: True Men Of God Don't Take On Titles by davidinchrist(m): 12:56am On Apr 28, 2020
Eviana:
I understand what the OP is saying.
I tried to say simething similar on a thread some weeks ago, but it got misinterpreted.

We are too obsessed with titles, acknowledgement, flash and pomp etc..everything opposite of Christ' true ministry.
There is a grave danger in getting obsessed with "titles" in Christendom.
That "pride" issue is gonna lead a lot of people on the road to "he--".
Serve the Lord humbly and with sincerity, not wanting worldly recognition.
That way you are glorifying HIM and not oneself.
It's not about "us" anyway.
The only "titles" that I can see that are needed within church circles primarily for a reference as to who is in leadership positions are "pastor" and "elder". Also the title of "prophet". The prophets of OLD-- men who actually prophesied what the LORD had told them directly about warning the people to repent-- Jeremiah, Ezekiel, Jonah, Isaiah, Amos etc...just to name a few- were some good examples. What they prophesied actually came to pass--the sign of a TRUE prophet. There were no misses...ever.
There existed and still exist a tiny number of true "prophets" and "prophetesses"...in the 19th, 20th and 21st centuries.

Right, but I personally don't quite think there is need for the titles anyway. I think because is the norm in most organization everywhere, that's why it gets a bit more difficult for some genuine, Christlike servants of God to not have light on it. Moreover, I'm sure that not using titles doesn't make anyone necessarily holy either.. I think some has got no titles but have the wrong spirit alike: you call them brother, but must spell it out with the B in capital (Brother... Not brother...). All exalting the flesh. We must just ensure to seek to decrease and let Christ increase in our lives.

May the grace and peace of The Lord be with you.

1 Like

Re: True Men Of God Don't Take On Titles by davidinchrist(m): 1:05pm On Apr 29, 2020
3 Don’t be selfish; don’t try to impress others. Be humble, thinking of others as better than yourselves.
Philippians 2:3

4 Don’t look out only for your own interests, but take an interest in others, too.
Philippians 2:4
Re: True Men Of God Don't Take On Titles by Nobody: 1:24pm On Apr 29, 2020
Thank you op.

Matt 23 shows Jesus condemnation of religious titles.

Even when his disciples like Paul use the word apostle, they never view it as what must go with there names as title does. Apostle was just identifying their assignment as sent out ones by Jesus himself.

Check official records of this haughty men and see whether you ll see them address themselves or accept a letter not bearing their titles. By their fruit, you shall know them... They lack humility.

1 Like

Re: True Men Of God Don't Take On Titles by Eviana(f): 11:44pm On May 01, 2020
davidinchrist:

Right, but I personally don't quite think there is need for the titles anyway. I think because is the norm in most organization everywhere, that's why it gets a bit more difficult for some genuine, Christlike servants of God to not have light on it. Moreover, I'm sure that not using titles doesn't make anyone necessarily holy either.. I think some has got no titles but have the wrong spirit alike: you call them brother, but must spell it out with the B in capital (Brother... Not brother...). All exalting the flesh. We must just ensure to seek to decrease and let Christ increase in our lives.

May the grace and peace of The Lord be with you.

I totally understand and agree with our need to decrease...which is a must. We truly must.
God's blessings to you as well.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Governor Okowa Lifts Ban On Church Services, Gives Guideline For Midweek Service / How A Respected Prophet Lied That God Sent Him To My Wife / Clarification Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.