Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,955 members, 7,810,641 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:36 PM

Advise On Surface Duty. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Advise On Surface Duty. (916 Views)

Advise On Buying A Toyota Camry 2007 / Advise On Toyota Avalon 2006 / Amazing Garages That Hides Cars Underground And Also Deliver Them At The Surface (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advise On Surface Duty. by darkmonarch(m): 11:06pm On Apr 26, 2020
Hello house, in the light of the recent increase of custom duty charges, what is your opinion on surface duty for a 2013 lexus rx 350. Would you say surface duty below 1m is advisable? Also seeing that all duties are compromised duty wouldn't paying 800k and above 1m the same? Aren't you just dashing the crooks money if you pay an excessively high surface duty because customs on the road will still say it is underpayment even if you pay 1.2m as surface duty?

I have been talking to several clearing agents and same thing they all say, if you are not paying full duty, you are paying compromised duty. I been being charged from 1.6m to 1.9m to clear my lexus rx350 2013 in the light of this new changes. I am wondering why would there be such difference seeing it is the same car? I genuinely need your input guys.

Thanks.
Re: Advise On Surface Duty. by owo4mii(m): 11:23am On Apr 27, 2020
My brother, all those you speak to are telling you the truth on duty payment.

But can I ask you some questions to guide your fear on the payment?

1. What's your Budget for clearing the Vehicle?
2. Can you afford the actual duty and other charges in which I knew you will actually get a compromise but will be on a better side?
3. Which state of the Country are you using the vehicle?
4. If you are going for the normal compromise, you don't need any fear, Just budget some settlement fee then you are free to take your vehicle anywhere in the country without any arrasement from any agencies of the govt.

Need your reply
Re: Advise On Surface Duty. by Trustme2(m): 2:09pm On Apr 27, 2020
owo4mii:

2. Can you afford the actual duty and other charges in which I knew you will actually get a compromise but will be on a better side?
4. If you are going for the normal compromise, you don't need any fear, Just budget some settlement fee then you are free to take your vehicle anywhere in the country without any arrasement from any agencies of the govt.

Need your reply
I have a 2013 Corolla coming in soon. Pls what the range of the normal compromised duty payment.( Surface duty + other charges)The car will be used in Lokoja, Abuja
Re: Advise On Surface Duty. by owo4mii(m): 9:58pm On Apr 27, 2020
Trustme2:

I have a 2013 Corolla coming in soon. Pls what the range of the normal compromised duty payment.( Surface duty + other charges)The car will be used in Lokoja, Abuja

With 1.150m as due to the current increase in price but you can chat me up on WhatsApp for more information. Not all can be disclose on here.

Reach me on 08053570501
Re: Advise On Surface Duty. by tosheeba(m): 5:01am On Apr 28, 2020
Trustme2:

Yes , budget 1.150 -1.2m and it’s depends on the shipping line and terminal you are using .
Re: Advise On Surface Duty. by tosheeba(m): 5:04am On Apr 28, 2020
Trustme2:

Can also give you a break down of your duty
Here is my WhatsApp , 09068027890.
Re: Advise On Surface Duty. by tosheeba(m): 5:08am On Apr 28, 2020
owo4mii:

Need your reply

And back this up, I will just bring this to your mind that , Lexus , Benz , BMW are all seen as a luxury to customs when it gets to clearing , at times you might be lucky doing it as a normal job but they always have different treatment and attentions , Mr OWO4mill can back this up if I lie about this .
Re: Advise On Surface Duty. by owo4mii(m): 4:59am On Apr 29, 2020
tosheeba:

And back this up, I will just bring this to your mind that , Lexus , Benz , BMW are all seen as a luxury to customs when it gets to clearing , at times you might be lucky doing it as a normal job but they always have different treatment and attentions , Mr OWO4mill can back this up if I lie about this .

You are right, all these vehicles are called Luxury vehicles but all is based on Luck, during clearing but the duties varies on Compromise.
All it needs to do is make settlement while traveling with the vehicle on first or second trip interstates or you may have lucky till you used the vehicle all through your time of usages that No Custom will disturb you if you are not the traveling type.

(1) (Reply)

Do Fuel Injector Cleaners Really Work? / Lexus Rx 350 For Sale Hire Purchase Call/whatsapp For More Info About It +234704 / Mecedes C320 For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.