Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,123 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:45 AM

Kano Moves To Unravel Cause Of Mass Deaths - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Kano Moves To Unravel Cause Of Mass Deaths (29792 Views)

Medical Tourism: Senate Moves To Block Revenue Leakages, Exodus Of Doctors, ... / WHO Sends Team To China To Unravel Source Of COVID-19 / Mass Production Of Face-masks In Aba (For Coronavirus Protection) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kano Moves To Unravel Cause Of Mass Deaths by JosEast(m): 5:23am On Apr 27, 2020
* Begins ‘verbal’ autopsy

Kano State government has finally responded to the people’s agitations and concern over reported mass deaths of people in the state. Daily Trust gathered that the state government has begun verbal autopsy to ascertain the possible causes of the deaths and to enable the authorities to take the necessary measure toward ending the problem.

The government’s adoption of verbal autopsy was made known by the Deputy Coordinator of Kano State COVID-19 Response Team, Dr Sabitu Shu’aibu. He stated that the government had earlier put up a system to investigate if there was a link between COVID-19 and the deaths, adding that the system came up with the verbal autopsy method.

“Kano State government has begun house-to-house engagement with families of those that have died to carefully administer questions on the symptoms exhibited by the victims before they died. This is what is termed clinically as verbal autopsy and it will allow the health professionals to predict the possible causes of the recorded deaths,” he said.

Similarly, Dr Usman Bashir of Aminu Kano Teaching Hospital (AKTH), stated that in an environment where an autopsy is not conducted due to some issues and when the dead had already been buried, verbal autopsy is the best way to go. He noted that it is apparent that such deaths must be recorded because all attention is presently focused on the epidemic while other sicknesses are neglected, stressing that the adoption of verbal autopsy would unravel the mystery of the mass deaths.

“The verbal autopsies would surely unravel things that we are not even looking at because we have overstretched our energy and resources on COVID-19.
https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/kano-moves-to-unravel-cause-of-mass-deaths.html

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kano Moves To Unravel Cause Of Mass Deaths by helinues: 5:25am On Apr 27, 2020
Kano Moves Crawls To Unravel Cause Of Mass Deaths

180 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Kano Moves To Unravel Cause Of Mass Deaths by galaxy2020(m): 5:26am On Apr 27, 2020
Let them continue pretending, it has been their way. I just pity the brainwashed poor.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kano Moves To Unravel Cause Of Mass Deaths by chinjo(m): 5:32am On Apr 27, 2020
Religion is the Opium of the poor. Why not conduct a proper autopsy to unravel the cause of rising deaths in Kano instead of verbal autopsy all because of religion.

75 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Kano Moves To Unravel Cause Of Mass Deaths by Freddykrueger: 5:40am On Apr 27, 2020
I can't begin to quantify how senseless and profoundly clueless the government of kano has just shown itself to be. The kickback thief and election rigger just showed the nation and indeed the whole world where his priorities lie and it certainly isn't with the kano people. The blood of the dead in kano state will surely rest on the head of Umar Ganduje his government and family. Such a senile idiotic waste who forced himself on the people of kano state.

52 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kano Moves To Unravel Cause Of Mass Deaths by flejnr(f): 6:39am On Apr 27, 2020
Make they go beg sanusi the gods are angry with the land and sanusi placed a curse on the land before leaving

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kano Moves To Unravel Cause Of Mass Deaths by Bethel4Life(f): 6:45am On Apr 27, 2020
Lolz since how many days now... Its now that u want to Know d cause of those deaths... Fools

1 Like

Re: Kano Moves To Unravel Cause Of Mass Deaths by wengerjay(m): 6:48am On Apr 27, 2020
Hello Nigerians.
The rich and the political class will soon hide somewhere once the spreading of COVID-19 has abated among them.
The downtrodden and the health workers will be at the receiving end eventually.
These politicians want to resume normal work in order to amass wealth bc their positions are tenured.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kano Moves To Unravel Cause Of Mass Deaths by sapientia(m): 7:34am On Apr 27, 2020
Mouth Autopsy?

You should be testing them for coming in contact with those who died not conducting mouth autopsy

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kano Moves To Unravel Cause Of Mass Deaths by LibertyRep: 7:44am On Apr 27, 2020
Verbal autopsy? When even while alive, some people will deliberately lie about their travel history and medical conditions.

Kano should not endanger the rest of the country with this carelessness.

This death has been happening since last week, what stops a responsive government from carrying out autopsy of the dead bodies before burial?

11 Likes

Re: Kano Moves To Unravel Cause Of Mass Deaths by honest1480(m): 7:44am On Apr 27, 2020
Since Kano State government said earlier that the mass deaths has nothing to do with Covid-19, I think it is high time the actual cause of such death incident is uncovered.
Re: Kano Moves To Unravel Cause Of Mass Deaths by Romanoff(f): 7:44am On Apr 27, 2020
Shey they said it is a normal thing.

By just looking at the Ganduje, you'll wonder how an Alika looking man got to be a governor.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kano Moves To Unravel Cause Of Mass Deaths by Factfinder1(m): 7:44am On Apr 27, 2020
Nonsense....make una no move make una wait for FG huge cash transfer
Re: Kano Moves To Unravel Cause Of Mass Deaths by robosky02(m): 7:44am On Apr 27, 2020
Na so

When everybody must have died abi

Re: Kano Moves To Unravel Cause Of Mass Deaths by Digitiminimi: 7:45am On Apr 27, 2020
Let them break the news
Re: Kano Moves To Unravel Cause Of Mass Deaths by Chillext(m): 7:45am On Apr 27, 2020
flejnr:
Make they go beg sanusi the gods are angry with the land and sanusi placed a curse on the land before leaving
on point
Re: Kano Moves To Unravel Cause Of Mass Deaths by Jaspaman: 7:45am On Apr 27, 2020
Kano kano. So this is what it has come to damn.

Anyways the lockdown keep being extended, why keep searching for jobs when you can make lots of money doing what i do??. Check my signature and mail me if you're interested and i will share with you.
Re: Kano Moves To Unravel Cause Of Mass Deaths by KmniAutos(m): 7:46am On Apr 27, 2020
Alternatively! you should channel the energy wasted on complains,wailing and waiting on the govt. for solutions into looking for a replacement/second option for your job real quick!,the smarter ones have being on this track for a while now but a lot of us are still waiting for everything to return to normal,when would that be?.

You don't need any soothsayer to tell you that this shit ain't ending anytime soon and even if restrictions of movement reversed,a lot of jobs-already lost!.

Really thankful to those on my list linking many people on genuine coaches relating to online marketing,health related businesses,digital marketing,food related businesses,web development, freelance,writing,networking etc.

Whatever the case;be on the smarter end!.

GOOD DAY!
Re: Kano Moves To Unravel Cause Of Mass Deaths by Staro: 7:46am On Apr 27, 2020
It's obviously COVID 19.
The Kano State govt is unnecessarily politicising this pandemic.

This country is so disgusting.
In other climes nobody is buried without medical experts ascertaining
the cause of dead. Why the rush to lower corpses into their graves ?

4 Likes

Re: Kano Moves To Unravel Cause Of Mass Deaths by funmike83(f): 7:46am On Apr 27, 2020
They know what to do, i wonder how long a proper autopsy will take them because of religion they are doing verbal autopsy. It shows that man is clueless. Everyone in kano govt is daft , they all have cow brain. that is why they will continue to move till almost half of kano is gone

2 Likes

Re: Kano Moves To Unravel Cause Of Mass Deaths by Revere27: 7:47am On Apr 27, 2020
So it's now they just have their time....
Nonsense and stupidity undecided undecided undecided
Re: Kano Moves To Unravel Cause Of Mass Deaths by Femich18(m): 7:47am On Apr 27, 2020
We are waiting
Re: Kano Moves To Unravel Cause Of Mass Deaths by princeade86(m): 7:48am On Apr 27, 2020
OK.
Re: Kano Moves To Unravel Cause Of Mass Deaths by EdiskyHarry: 7:48am On Apr 27, 2020
Rubbish, what do you mean by verbal autopsy, why not carry out an autopsy on the dead body?
Re: Kano Moves To Unravel Cause Of Mass Deaths by easyfem(m): 7:48am On Apr 27, 2020
pple just dey die any aw dix days ......... lord na ur hand i dey oooooooooo.........keep me and my family
Re: Kano Moves To Unravel Cause Of Mass Deaths by ikorodureporta: 7:49am On Apr 27, 2020
d real ignoramuses grin
until covik go convict all of una
Re: Kano Moves To Unravel Cause Of Mass Deaths by Kizzygentle: 7:49am On Apr 27, 2020
They will still play politics ontop the autopsy. So there is no point. So far it's govt handling it. I care less.
Re: Kano Moves To Unravel Cause Of Mass Deaths by Bossontop(m): 7:49am On Apr 27, 2020
undecided
Kano mata infact naija mata don taya me....... I nor fit talk again sef i don taya aswear

1 Like

Re: Kano Moves To Unravel Cause Of Mass Deaths by Harunabisanti(m): 7:49am On Apr 27, 2020
God forgives the deaths and protect the livings
Re: Kano Moves To Unravel Cause Of Mass Deaths by Sunnycliff(m): 7:49am On Apr 27, 2020
Let them keep playing over this with kids gloves.
Re: Kano Moves To Unravel Cause Of Mass Deaths by Breakinglimit: 7:49am On Apr 27, 2020
The problems going on in Kano can be summarised into two.
1) Case detection failure.
2) Case management failure.
All of the failures above may not be unconnected to the collapse of the committees of the state task force and that of NCDC. The virus hit hard these two most important pillars in the control of the pandemic. Is like the case of HIV that target and attact the immune system causing systemic collapse and devastating effects until effective drug was obtained.
The current case in Kano is that people are sick and can not know their status due to collapse of testing center(as some of the staff tested positive) and could not have the right care/management as the state Covid committee also collapsed (some key members tested positive).

When the commanders are wounded at the battle field to the extent of affecting their capability in leading the war, we just need to quickly appoint new commanders and move on. If this is not done the enemies may cause further serious damage.
Thus from the above description, the solutions to this problem is for the NCDC and FMoH (commanders in chief) to promptly and massively support Kano by restoring safe and efficient testing centre as well as injecting active and experienced members that may even takeover the state task force leadership until the normalcy is restored. This, if the FG wishes can be actualized within a week in shaa Allah.
May Allah grant quick recovery for those affected and continue to protect all of us ameen summa ameen.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

304 New COVID-19 Cases, 221 Discharged And 5 Deaths On August 2 - (1,441 Tested) / Kaduna hospital in search of family of boy whose Mum died in accident (Graphic) / Ebola Latest: US Rejects Nigeria’s Request For Trial Drug

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.