Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,546 members, 7,837,094 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:42 PM

70% Of Medical Doctors In Kano Have Absconded - Analyst Reveals - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 70% Of Medical Doctors In Kano Have Absconded - Analyst Reveals (45780 Views)

Girl Dies After Mother Absconded With N3m Donated For Her Brain Surgery / COVID-19 Patient Who Absconded In Kebbi, Is Dead / Salaries Of Medical Doctors In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 70% Of Medical Doctors In Kano Have Absconded - Analyst Reveals by Urchman200: 10:06am On Apr 28, 2020
XANDERBOY85:

They didn't know all this when they signed up for the job abi?

When the going was good and they were coining in the money....no wahala! But the moment shi't hits the fan and they're called upon to live up to their oaths and save lives, all of a sudden they remember they have poor conditions of service and renumeration, and proceed to leg it like Usain Bolt!
has ur so called president visited the state that gave him 3million votes at this point of their need?before calling on doctors whose only reason for joining the profession is ends meet.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 70% Of Medical Doctors In Kano Have Absconded - Analyst Reveals by Nobody: 10:07am On Apr 28, 2020
They won't hear you.
Re: 70% Of Medical Doctors In Kano Have Absconded - Analyst Reveals by Correcto: 10:07am On Apr 28, 2020
Later they will claim they were at the frontline like Soldiers. Well I have countless times that most Nigerian doctors should not have been doctors. They
honestprofits:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-H3iFEcNlc

70% Of Medical Doctors In Kano Have Absconded, Analyst Reveals

https://mobile.twitter.com/channelstv/status/1254876016419508226
Re: 70% Of Medical Doctors In Kano Have Absconded - Analyst Reveals by replete(m): 10:07am On Apr 28, 2020
Agboriotejoye:
They are not trained in verbal autopsy. Let the Imams and sharia docs handle that
may God bless you

1 Like

Re: 70% Of Medical Doctors In Kano Have Absconded - Analyst Reveals by Algold: 10:08am On Apr 28, 2020
You will not live to see the zoo fall
PDJT:
-They have gone to work for Melinda Gates. grin

-Now let the disease spreads! The Zoo must fall!
Re: 70% Of Medical Doctors In Kano Have Absconded - Analyst Reveals by MoxxxxO123(m): 10:10am On Apr 28, 2020
XANDERBOY85:

My sentiments too! smiley

Greedy and arrogant Nigerian doctors think every day would be Christmas when they would be taking advantage of poor, vulnerable individuals! Now they've been called upon to live up to their hypocratic oath more than ever before, they've all scaled the back fence and gone AWOL! smiley
what are u saying? Over 1 yr of my practice here in Nigeria I realized the unseriousness from the end of our govt, our oath encourage us on looking after ourselves also n u expect them to stay?
Re: 70% Of Medical Doctors In Kano Have Absconded - Analyst Reveals by ChybuzzDD(m): 10:19am On Apr 28, 2020
[quote author=uncleinans post=88938085]

This matter pain you well well o for you to call that guy sensless[/quote

Bros, to tell you the truth, the thing pained me.
These guys don't know what health workers go through while working in Nigeria, but they're quick to condemn instead of supporting them to fight the corrupt government that's responsible for all the woes.

While in Nigeria, I oncd got exposed to a patient with lassa fever that we were treating for major burns, and I was abandoned by both the hospital and the government that owns it.
I ordered and paid for Ribavirin(antiviral drug), costing about 30,000 naira, and paid for my isolation in one hidden hotel like that for 21days, all by myself. I wasn't refunded till today.
In a space of 21 days, I spent nearly 100,000 naira on preventive drugs and hotel accommodation, as the government/hospital didn't provide them. And this was supposed to come from my hazard allowance of 5000 per month!
And lo and behold, that guy still came here to talk rubbish.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 70% Of Medical Doctors In Kano Have Absconded - Analyst Reveals by SOFTDRINK: 10:25am On Apr 28, 2020
ChybuzzDD:

When was that time in Nigeria "when the going was good" for Nigerian doctors and "they were coining money"??
Most of you are very annoyingly ignorant, poorly informed and unreasonable!
So, people that are getting 5,000 naira as hazard allowance per month to attend to those with HIV, HBV, HCV, Lassa fever, Ebola, TB, etc and now Covid 19, are "coining" money??
Do you know most of your hospitals don't even have ordinary face masks and gloves, let alone PPE kits, for those health workers to make use of while attending to the patients with the above listed infectious diseases, inspite of the very low home pay?
If they have been "coining" money, why then do you think most of us have traveled out, with many more planning to join?
You must be a very senseless and insensitive fellow.
Please, don't waste your time and energy on that annoying cretin.
Re: 70% Of Medical Doctors In Kano Have Absconded - Analyst Reveals by rotadeco27: 10:28am On Apr 28, 2020
Jaqenhghar:

How many countries provide those incentives you speak of? Very few countries actually. Very few can afford to so stop the whining
Truth is even if they supply those things I swear they wont do the job. The reason most of them went into practice is to make money and enjoy the privileges that come with it . A man who is committed to his craft wont hold the lives of others to ransom.
The story is not confirmed, however, if it is true one can not blame them. With 5k hazard allowance, no PPE, no life assurance, no one will want to risk ones life for people that are not worth it.
I mean not worth it! Just of recent , a promise of upward review of allowance to 50% basic salary with additional 20% for the front line health workers was signed to e paid in this month. Salary was paid as usual with 5k hazard allowance .
Some politicians are cashing out real big from the selflessness service of doctors most of which have kids at home . Who will take of them when they die. No sane person will want to sacrifice his or her life for a setting like this .
I once participated in lasa fever treatment, I stopped when I discovered that millions has been collected at the expense of my life without adding any kobo to my pocket, I have a young wife with 2 kids what will befall them if the unwanted happens.
I lost some colleagues to the same the same ,thank God for life . U see when people's lives are secure even after their demise , they will consider it heroic to die for their country!

2 Likes

Re: 70% Of Medical Doctors In Kano Have Absconded - Analyst Reveals by Henryddon: 10:34am On Apr 28, 2020
I think apostle Suleiman should do the needful let him go down to kano state with his entourage of prayerful gifted healer and cleans the land of this dreaded virus.
Re: 70% Of Medical Doctors In Kano Have Absconded - Analyst Reveals by Thomthom(m): 10:35am On Apr 28, 2020
eejo:
why won't they run. when UK is paying 35million naira to families of Health professionals who lost their lives fighting Covid 19, Nigeria will not pay anything and your family will suffer.
Bros u no lie...
Re: 70% Of Medical Doctors In Kano Have Absconded - Analyst Reveals by mindtricks: 10:37am On Apr 28, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

I want to believe you have a day job you do. I want to assume you do that job in hope of getting a better life for yourself and family. Now what exactly is your point. Ordinary life insurance we don't have for our health workers. Even health insurance is not a given for them. Yet we have some people who push files around in NNPC, FIRS etc who earn handsomely. Think na.

Typical Nigerians don't reason that way. They don't want to acknowledge the fact that the system is dysfunctional. Health workers are expected to lay down their lives to make up for the mess that their leaders foisted on the nation. They don't even know that health workers need to stay alive just like everyone else.
Re: 70% Of Medical Doctors In Kano Have Absconded - Analyst Reveals by UKBobo(m): 10:39am On Apr 28, 2020
They did not run away to Borno. They are just monitoring from their LGA. They will resume again in June.

https://www.nairaland.com/5821067/uk-pay-every-health-worker
Re: 70% Of Medical Doctors In Kano Have Absconded - Analyst Reveals by UKBobo(m): 10:41am On Apr 28, 2020
I have said it many times, naija is not worth dying for hence....
Re: 70% Of Medical Doctors In Kano Have Absconded - Analyst Reveals by Jaqenhghar: 10:43am On Apr 28, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

I want to believe you have a day job you do. I want to assume you do that job in hope of getting a better life for yourself and family. Now what exactly is your point. Ordinary life insurance we don't have for our health workers. Even health insurance is not a given for them. Yet we have some people who push files around in NNPC, FIRS etc who earn handsomely. Think na.

If there is no life insurance whose fault is it? Is it the patient or is it your ogas ( fellow doctors) ? Why do we always look for soft target to vent our frustrations on leaving the actual source of our problems. Same way a soldier who is shortchanged by his oga will prefer to vent on citizens meanwhile his oga who is the source of his misery , he will salute and protect that oga.
You are comparing yourself now with a messenger who collects bribe to push files around because there is no way a messenger can earn better than a doctor. This shows you dont understand the value of your training and will also like to be in a position where you only service people who can give you extra money. Sadly Niggeria has deteriorated to that point where even those with the money dont get the quality health services
Re: 70% Of Medical Doctors In Kano Have Absconded - Analyst Reveals by Nobody: 10:44am On Apr 28, 2020
This is serious.
Re: 70% Of Medical Doctors In Kano Have Absconded - Analyst Reveals by mindtricks: 10:44am On Apr 28, 2020
MoxxxxO123:
what are u saying? Over 1 yr of my practice here in Nigeria I realized the unseriousness from the end of our govt, our oath encourage us on looking after ourselves also n u expect them to stay?

An average Nigerian on the street finds it difficult to acknowledge that the unseriousness of government towards most things is also impacting health sector and the workers.
One who has visited public hospitals can tell.
I guess in their mind, our doctors who travelled out and are practicing in other countries under reasonably better conditions are guilty of violating their oaths.
Re: 70% Of Medical Doctors In Kano Have Absconded - Analyst Reveals by nams77: 10:47am On Apr 28, 2020
[quote author=ignis post=88929425]Nigerians stigmatize officers on the frontlines who are risking their lives instead of supporting them.

Now Kano is in big mess.But what about the Chinese Doctors that came in to Nigeria?They should go and check what is killing them if Nigerians can’t find the answers.[/quote
Abi? Beautiful idea. We no hear of the Chinese guys after Abba Kyari die]
Re: 70% Of Medical Doctors In Kano Have Absconded - Analyst Reveals by Jaqenhghar: 10:50am On Apr 28, 2020
mindtricks:

Typical Nigerians don't reason that way. They don't want to acknowledge the fact that the system is dysfunctional. Health workers are expected to lay down their lives to make up for the mess that their leaders foisted on the nation. They don't even know that health workers need to stay alive just everyone else.
Stop being vague. Who are the leaders who fúcked shít up? I stated on this forum since independence who are the ministers for health who siphon the billions meant to improve the health system? Who are the CMDs and MDs who live fat while their junior suffer? Why is it easier for you to choose the cowards way and vent on innocent citizens instead of being bold and confront your ogas?
You know the story of how COVID entered Kwara state. Who brought it in? Was it not your fellow doctor, a professional who was doing a favour for his friend ( a favour he wont do to ordinary citizens) . The colleagues too because they were not on top of their game couldnt recognize the signs and take precautions but chose to blindly obey oga. Now you want to turn around and blame people for y'all foolishness.
Re: 70% Of Medical Doctors In Kano Have Absconded - Analyst Reveals by Nobody: 10:51am On Apr 28, 2020
Few days ago, a day to the commencement of Ramadan, we saw an heavily crowded market in Kano without any observation of covid-19 precautionary measures, three days later. we had strange deaths, Kwankwanso wrote essay to President. Doctors now flee, but if 15 billion is given, they will return.
Re: 70% Of Medical Doctors In Kano Have Absconded - Analyst Reveals by mindtricks: 10:51am On Apr 28, 2020
Jaqenhghar:

If there is no life insurance whose fault is it? Is it the patient or is it your ogas ( fellow doctors) ? Why do we always look for soft target to vent our frustrations on leaving the actual source of our problems. Same way a soldier who is shortchanged by his oga will prefer to vent on citizens meanwhile his oga who is the source of his misery , he will salute and protect that oga.
You are comparing yourself now with a messenger who collects bribe to push files around because there is no way a messenger can earn better than a doctor. This shows you dont understand the value of your training and will also like to be in a position where you only service people who can give you extra money. Sadly Niggeria has deteriorated to that point where even those with the money dont get the quality health services
Anything stretched beyond its elastic limit to a breaking point must break. That is the point where we are. If government has been playing us for too long. Even the soldiers known for bravery abscond because they are not well equipped.
Re: 70% Of Medical Doctors In Kano Have Absconded - Analyst Reveals by Ayharmony99(m): 10:51am On Apr 28, 2020
[quote author=honestprofits post=88929292]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-H3iFEcNlc

70% Of Medical Doctors In Kano Have Absconded, Analyst Reveals

This is serious. The wise doctor has made the wise divisions, since the federal government are not ready to improve medical sector in Kano.I learnt that Aisha buhari donated trucks of medical equipment to Kano. Good job ma� but why doing it now? All na game.�
Re: 70% Of Medical Doctors In Kano Have Absconded - Analyst Reveals by Cmanforall: 10:56am On Apr 28, 2020
author=Agboriotejoye post=88930455]
You shouldn't have replied to that person.
The statement used there describing the medical doctors as arrogant etc reveals his/her hatred for the doctors. I would have asked if he is a healthcare worker? But no need.

The fact remains that all healthcare workers working at this trying times, irrespective of the location, deserve some accolades. When adequate protective measures are not in place, please let the healthcare workers think of their lives and their loved ones first. If the failed government have refused to equip the healthcare facilities well, let all citizens rise and challenge it. It is not for healthcare workers only to fight for.
Re: 70% Of Medical Doctors In Kano Have Absconded - Analyst Reveals by Vickram: 10:59am On Apr 28, 2020
The solution is very simple , less we forget, some doctors about 15 in number was been brought to Nigeria some days ago, I will be happy if they can carry them to Kano to handle the situation rather than endanger our own doctor

1 Like

Re: 70% Of Medical Doctors In Kano Have Absconded - Analyst Reveals by Jaqenhghar: 11:02am On Apr 28, 2020
mindtricks:

Anything stretched beyond its elastic limit to a breaking point must break. That is the point where we are. If government has been playing us for too long. Even the soldiers known for bravery abscond because they are not well equipped.
How many of them abscond? Just a few with brains. I am all for you absconding or leaving the job if the condition is not favourable to you. I even encourage the average doctor to leave for UK and Canada where he will do what he is paid to do. Ironically I have heard several doctors complain of the poor pay in UK too. What I cannot agree to is that notion that someone will come to work and treat people anyhow, hold everyone to ransome then say he should be paid before he does his job. Knowing how Niggeria is even if you pay such a person what he wants, he wont do the job. Fact
Re: 70% Of Medical Doctors In Kano Have Absconded - Analyst Reveals by Nobody: 11:09am On Apr 28, 2020
Who want die for for the yeye country. See Frontliners for abroad u go like.
Re: 70% Of Medical Doctors In Kano Have Absconded - Analyst Reveals by Judgesledge(m): 11:19am On Apr 28, 2020
The ones putting their life and that if their loved one's in Lagos and other parts of the country are from the moon abi, your post lacks objectivity and smacks of sentiment
XANDERBOY85:

Greedy and arrogant Nigerian doctors think every day would be Christmas when they would be taking advantage of poor, vulnerable individuals! Now they've been called upon to live up to their hypocratic oath more than ever before, they've all scaled the back fence and gone AWOL! smiley
Re: 70% Of Medical Doctors In Kano Have Absconded - Analyst Reveals by Spectaclesawe25: 11:22am On Apr 28, 2020
XANDERBOY85:

Having worked in a sane country in the past few years, I understand, that Nigerian doctors are still one of the best in the whole world, check UK list, the number of Nigerian doctors alone is more than 6000, the sixth highest number of contributory health workers in d NHS. The main issue they have is ur sorry country. It is not possible for 70% to abscond anyways, but this is a pandemic bro.
You know why u commit ur life to ur family members, is because u know dey got ur back even in death.
You say stay home, we refuse... You talk use face mask dem no go do, covid 19 go soon full street, na lastman standing e go be, many pple will see Dre parent and grandparent die like fowl, den sense will come.
Like leaders, like followers.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 70% Of Medical Doctors In Kano Have Absconded - Analyst Reveals by Truthbites: 11:29am On Apr 28, 2020
Who wan die?
Re: 70% Of Medical Doctors In Kano Have Absconded - Analyst Reveals by Saidfx(m): 11:29am On Apr 28, 2020
Jaqenhghar:

How many countries provide those incentives you speak of? Very few countries actually. Very few can afford to so stop the whining
Truth is even if they supply those things I swear they wont do the job. The reason most of them went into practice is to make money and enjoy the privileges that come with it . A man who is committed to his craft wont hold the lives of others to ransom.

Help me tell them o...the doctors in Congo don't leave thier brothers with Ebola

1 Like

Re: 70% Of Medical Doctors In Kano Have Absconded - Analyst Reveals by CosmicSensation: 11:36am On Apr 28, 2020
XANDERBOY85:

They didn't know all this when they signed up for the job abi?

When the going was good and they were coining in the money....no wahala! But the moment shi't hits the fan and they're called upon to live up to their oaths and save lives, all of a sudden they remember they have poor conditions of service and renumeration, and proceed to leg it like Usain Bolt!
you are not just obtuse and ignorant you are also a bastard.
Trying to make you see reason would be an exercise in futility because of how unbelievably dense you are showing yourself to be publicly.
So keep on being stupid

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Edo Hospital Rejects Hand Sanitizers Donation / "Consumption Of Suya, Isi-Ewu, Kilisi, Ngwongwo Killing Nigerians" - Adewole / Nigerian Man Drowns In Libya While Swimming In Sea (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.