Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,526 members, 7,826,978 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:52 AM

Lockdown: Uyo In Pictures - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lockdown: Uyo In Pictures (43059 Views)

Ogun Lockdown: Abeokuta In Pictures / Evolution Of The Beautiful City Of Dubai In Pictures / Passenger Forgets Money In Uyo In Keke Napep In Akwa Ibom State. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lockdown: Uyo In Pictures by fxdee(m): 4:09pm On Apr 28, 2020
KingRabota:
See as city Clean !
Such a refreshing departure from the squalor of Lagos.
I was there 3 years ago for Nigerian Society of Engineers national conference .
And the only word I can use to describe our stay there is peaceful.
These people are the original " chop life gang "

how can you be comparing Lagos and uyo?..what is your basis of comparison sir? a city that started developing a decade again? all the facilities you saw should be like under 10 years old..and if you know how much allocation that small state is getting from federation account you wont have to compare Lagos an uyo..and what is the population too?..the population of alimosho LGA alone is more than the entire state..Uyo and yenagoa would ve been a nice city like dubai because they started developing in computer age with much money to really construct best infrastructures in the world but corruption is really the problem.most of the leader that came to power without nothing left much richer than the entire state.God help us in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Uyo In Pictures by Nobody: 4:10pm On Apr 28, 2020
udemzyudex:

If op begin waka dey take pic na people like you go still scream say him no obey the rules.

Then what's the need of snapping and posting one particular place??

Who send am work? Anything that is worth doing, is what doing well

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Uyo In Pictures by Sirwallace(m): 4:11pm On Apr 28, 2020
Uyo is a beautiful city with great aesthetic beauty to behold. Place is cool and nice and not congested and of course not dirty like lagos.

The interstate travel from the Akwa Ibom govt transport system AKTC is one of the best if not the best in the country.

No dirty tout, hooligans and miscreants on the road fighting for your money on the road like mainland in Lagos.

I wish I could stay there after my service year.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lockdown: Uyo In Pictures by udemzyudex(m): 4:12pm On Apr 28, 2020
Organicist95:

Then what's the need of snapping and posting one particular place??

Who send am work? Anything that is worth doing, is what doing well

Him tag you for the post? Which one be who send am?

So he didn't do well huh? You can as well snap your area and post it here to continue from where he stop.

2 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Uyo In Pictures by ITDarrell(m): 4:14pm On Apr 28, 2020
May God help us
Samanza89:
Uyo my city. Proudly ayin Akwa Ibom.
Re: Lockdown: Uyo In Pictures by agyo(m): 4:15pm On Apr 28, 2020
These my Aboki Brothers they will always be every where....

I was at Bakasi, they are there. I cant understand when we will get it right. God help us.

mtinfx:
Just essentials and little movements observed in Idoro Rd, stadium Road and aka rd etc

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Uyo In Pictures by Nobody: 4:15pm On Apr 28, 2020
udemzyudex:

So he didn't do well huh? You can as well snap your area and post it here to continue from where he stop.

Durhhhhhhh!!!!!
Re: Lockdown: Uyo In Pictures by ITDarrell(m): 4:17pm On Apr 28, 2020
May
Samanza89:
udemzyudex:

Bros an hungry man is an Angry man!!!
Everything de vex person where dey hungry!!!
Re: Lockdown: Uyo In Pictures by Angelfrost(m): 4:20pm On Apr 28, 2020
Danhumprey:

Akwa Ibom is in the SE (South East)?

SMH.

They can't help themselves... They sha need to annex every available state into their fictitious Biafra. Don't mind them!!!
Re: Lockdown: Uyo In Pictures by wiseone28: 4:26pm On Apr 28, 2020
SpaceTour:
Beautiful state but unfortunately AK people rather go to PORT HARCOURT to live in batcher than staying in a state Akpabio rebuilt for them.
You are right..

No work in Akwa ibom.
Re: Lockdown: Uyo In Pictures by Kpalobi(m): 4:42pm On Apr 28, 2020
Confirmedzombie:
Akwa ibom is the only state in the SE effectively obeying the lockdown and stay at home.
Mbok

with those people wey pack for mini bus
Re: Lockdown: Uyo In Pictures by Kpalobi(m): 4:46pm On Apr 28, 2020
[quote author=Sirwallace post=88954735]Uyo is a beautiful city with great aesthetic beauty to behold. Place is cool and nice and not congested and of course not dirty like lagos.

The interstate travel from the Akwa Ibom govt transport system AKTC is one of the best if not the best in the country.

No dirty tout, hooligans and miscreants on the road fighting for your money on the road like mainland in Lagos.

I wish I could stay there after my service year.[/quote

Dirty touts and hooligans dey bruh.. that 1 na Nigerain thing]
Re: Lockdown: Uyo In Pictures by oochi123(f): 4:47pm On Apr 28, 2020
Very neat town.but food is very very expensive here..when it comes to smoking weed Lagos guys dey learn work.love the town

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Uyo In Pictures by gowonmaharajah(m): 4:48pm On Apr 28, 2020
lovely one

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Uyo In Pictures by spencekat(m): 4:49pm On Apr 28, 2020
Samanza89:
Akwa Ibom ayaya.

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Uyo In Pictures by Ambrosecares1(m): 4:50pm On Apr 28, 2020
Confirmedzombie:
Akwa ibom is the only state in the SE effectively obeying the lockdown and stay at home.
Mbok

Please Akwa Ibom state is not in South East rather South South.. tnx
Re: Lockdown: Uyo In Pictures by Nodogragra4me(m): 4:50pm On Apr 28, 2020
mtinfx:
Just essentials and little movements observed in Idoro Rd, stadium Road and aka rd etc

All the blocks used in erecting all the houses in this Uyo cannot build a session of omogba phase 1
Re: Lockdown: Uyo In Pictures by KingRabota: 4:50pm On Apr 28, 2020
Point of corection sure Akwa Ibom was created in 1987
That said , the people of Akwa Ibom and Cross River are world famous for their neatness and propensity to cleaness.

Oga na Ibo man I be , and so many states in my home area are nothing to write home about. When compared to these States.

Lagos was a former federal capital.
My point for bringing this up is the issue of priorities. In Lagos city cleaness is basically about LAWMA and refuse disposal.
City planning is mainly is an island thing and even in those places the squalor still has a way of showing through.

My man if you haven't been to Akwa Ibom or Cross River States you won't understand want I'm ranting about.

Cleaness is their culture

fxdee:

how can you be comparing Lagos and uyo?..what is your basis of comparison sir? a city that started developing a decade again? all the facilities you saw should be like under 10 years old..and if you know how much allocation that small state is getting from federation account you wont have to compare Lagos an uyo..and what is the population too?..the population of alimosho LGA alone is more than the entire state..Uyo and yenagoa would ve been a nice city like dubai because they started developing in computer age with much money to really construct best infrastructures in the world but corruption is really the problem.most of the leader that came to power without nothing left much richer than the entire state.God help us in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Uyo In Pictures by Nodogragra4me(m): 4:53pm On Apr 28, 2020
KingRabota:
See as city Clean !
Such a refreshing departure from the squalor of Lagos.
I was there 3 years ago for Nigerian Society of Engineers national conference .
And the only word I can use to describe our stay there is peaceful.
These people are the original " chop life gang "

How many people dey the city
Re: Lockdown: Uyo In Pictures by B4Blez: 4:54pm On Apr 28, 2020
Danhumprey:
OP, no pictures from around Ibom Plaza and Four Lanes? Edet Akpan Avenue? Nwaniba road?

God bless you for that question grin grin

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Uyo In Pictures by gowonmaharajah(m): 4:56pm On Apr 28, 2020
Sirwallace:
Uyo is a beautiful city with great aesthetic beauty to behold. Place is cool and nice and not congested and of course not dirty like lagos.

I wish I could stay there after my service year.
brother, take it softly on us ooo
Re: Lockdown: Uyo In Pictures by Bluev: 4:56pm On Apr 28, 2020
grin grin
oochi123:
Very neat town.but food is very very expensive here..when it comes to smoking weed Lagos guys dey learn work.love the town
You mean am
Re: Lockdown: Uyo In Pictures by Nodogragra4me(m): 4:56pm On Apr 28, 2020
KingRabota:

Point of corection sure Akwa Ibom was created in 1987
That said , the people of Akwa Ibom and Cross River are world famous for their neatness and propensity to cleaness.

Oga na Ibo man I be , and so many states in my home area are nothing to write home about. When compared to these States.

Lagos was a former federal capital.
My point for bringing this up is the issue of priorities. In Lagos city cleaness is basically about LAWMA and refuse disposal.
City planning is mainly is an island thing and even in those places the squalor still has a way of showing through.

My man if you haven't been to Akwa Ibom or Cross River States you won't understand want I'm ranting about.

Cleaness is their culture

You write with half the fact .... Quarter of Lagos population moved to this Uyo and you will not be writing this nonsense.
How many markets do you have in Uyo that has a population of 200'000 visitors per day

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Uyo In Pictures by gassbee: 4:57pm On Apr 28, 2020
Samanza89:
nice one
Re: Lockdown: Uyo In Pictures by Nobody: 4:59pm On Apr 28, 2020
didn't take pictures of plaza, and abak road.
Re: Lockdown: Uyo In Pictures by Nobody: 5:12pm On Apr 28, 2020
Nodogragra4me:

All the blocks used in erecting all the houses in this Uyo cannot build a session of omogba phase 1

undecided
Enjoy your omogba
We enjoy Uyo

Good night

4 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Uyo In Pictures by Nobody: 5:13pm On Apr 28, 2020
B4Blez:

God bless you for that question grin grin
Those places looks cooler than this sef

2 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Uyo In Pictures by KingRabota: 5:16pm On Apr 28, 2020
Oga I no know wetyn dey Pain you for this matter.
You live on Lagos and so do I.

Accept that Lagos is a massive ghetto and let's find a way to improve on it ( if that will ever be possible) so we can move on
(But from the looks of it I'm sure your bad belle won't let you )

This Nonsense YOU be vomiting is making it clear that you are living in the center of squalor HQ. Make I no name your area . Many hard working good people also stay there so I'll keep silent out of respect to them .

All this crap of how many people and how many markets is a load of sour beans , stupid reasoning and incomprehensible aggrandizzed marketing .

And all for what?

Nodogragra4me:

You write with half the fact .... Quarter of Lagos population moved to this Uyo and you will not be writing this nonsense.
How many markets do you have in Uyo that has a population of 200'000 visitors per day

2 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Uyo In Pictures by OLA4CHRIST1(m): 5:16pm On Apr 28, 2020
Eeehya

2020 gets us this
Re: Lockdown: Uyo In Pictures by iamademola(m): 5:32pm On Apr 28, 2020
Very nice place to be while serving �I remembered the enough life chop nd accommodating peeps .. dakkada oo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lockdown: Uyo In Pictures by udemzyudex(m): 5:34pm On Apr 28, 2020
ITDarrell:
May
Bros an hungry man is an Angry man!!!
Everything de vex person where dey hungry!!!

See this one, you dey hungry means say others dey hungry?

Na wa ooo, where you see vex for the post? Mehn the say some people dey reason for this forum ehn.
Re: Lockdown: Uyo In Pictures by udemzyudex(m): 5:35pm On Apr 28, 2020
Organicist95:

Durhhhhhhh!!!!!

Smh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Family Involved In A Fatal Accident At Police Checkpoint, Officers Flee. Photos / Two Dead, As Container Falls On Car In Lagos [photo] / How People Are Risking Their Lives In Oshodi (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.