Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,176 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:51 AM

Coronavirus: Oxford Vaccine Works On Monkeys - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Coronavirus: Oxford Vaccine Works On Monkeys (55509 Views)

Coronavirus: Oxford Vaccine Trigger Immune Response, UK Orders 100 Million Doses / Coronavirus: Oxford University Early Trial Success Suggests “Double Protection”. / India To Produce Coronavirus Vaccine That Works On Monkeys (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Coronavirus: Oxford Vaccine Works On Monkeys by lalasticlala(m): 4:53pm On Apr 28, 2020
Coronavirus vaccine being tested at Oxford Uni left monkeys ‘virus free in one month’

A POTENTIAL coronavirus vaccine from Oxford University has kept monkeys immune from the deadly virus for a month.

The promising results comes after top Government experts warned a vaccine might be the only way out of the crisis.

Last month six rhesus macaque monkeys at a testing facility in the US were injected with a single dose of the vaccine developed at Oxford University, according to The New York Times.

All of the monkeys were then exposed to COVID-19, which had made other monkeys without the vaccine sick.

Four weeks later, all six monkeys who had been injected with the vaccine showed no signs of coronavirus.

Lead researcher Dr Vincent Munster said: "The rhesus macaque is pretty much the closest thing we have to humans."

Around 100 potential COVID-19 vaccine projects are underway around the world, as scientists race to find a vaccine.

At least five of these are in preliminary testing - what is known as phase 1 human trials.

If the scientists find a successful vaccine at least a few million doses could be pumped out by manufacturers by September.

Professor Sarah Gilbert is leading the Oxford trials for vaccine, has said she is 80 per cent confident in producing a working virus..

Source: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thesun.co.uk/news/11497966/coronavirus-vaccine-monkeys-immune-oxford/amp/

65 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Oxford Vaccine Works On Monkeys by Dreyfundz(m): 4:55pm On Apr 28, 2020
Sweet news

FTC for the first time
Somebody call bubu for me

160 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Oxford Vaccine Works On Monkeys by Dosmay(m): 4:57pm On Apr 28, 2020
Oya make dem run am for humans

57 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Oxford Vaccine Works On Monkeys by Nobody: 5:02pm On Apr 28, 2020
Monkeys to the rescue. Hope they find a cure.

Lala , i didn't also know monkeys move to promise land.
Monkey posts uploading...

57 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Oxford Vaccine Works On Monkeys by SammieLowkey(m): 5:08pm On Apr 28, 2020
Good news. At least there's HOPE

BTW see better university, unlike my Alma mater wey dey scam people with E-learning' grin grin

62 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Oxford Vaccine Works On Monkeys by Nobody: 5:09pm On Apr 28, 2020
. My beloved brother and sisters on nairaland, please kindly help me and my family, we are dying of hunger, please we need food, if there is any way you help us with foodstuffs our location is lagos. Thank you all

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Oxford Vaccine Works On Monkeys by Dpharisee: 5:11pm On Apr 28, 2020
The reality is that if an African scientist develops a cure like Senegal and Madagascar have done so far in treating their patients the western media will not give it much attention, they will rather focus on vaccines to make money for their big pharmaceuticals.

It was in the process of experimenting with African green monkeys that HIV came about and they claimed that AIDS originated from Africa.
I am also sure they resorted to monkeys because of the exposure of their initial plan to test the vaccine on Africans which made Africans to be on guard and at alert.

Nothing matters to these people except developing a vaccine and forcing it on everyone just like we are forced to take yellow fever vaccination before you can travel out with Nigeria passport.

95 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Oxford Vaccine Works On Monkeys by Franchise21(m): 5:11pm On Apr 28, 2020
Nice

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Oxford Vaccine Works On Monkeys by Sunnycliff(m): 5:11pm On Apr 28, 2020
From monkeys to humans according to Charles Darwin the evolutionist

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Oxford Vaccine Works On Monkeys by ShenTeh(m): 5:11pm On Apr 28, 2020
There's a hot race to be the first to out with a vaccine than a cure!

The idea is that a 7 billion population market makes more sense to the capitalist than a 7 million one. Otherwise, the world would be having a focus on what the Malagasy cure looks like.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Oxford Vaccine Works On Monkeys by xynerise: 5:11pm On Apr 28, 2020
They should also test it on mouse...We share similar DNA with mouse...

94 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Oxford Vaccine Works On Monkeys by nairavsdollars(f): 5:11pm On Apr 28, 2020
Why monkeys? Is that why they said they want to test it on Africans?

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Oxford Vaccine Works On Monkeys by Grace001: 5:11pm On Apr 28, 2020
Be ready to take vaccine, that’s their plan.
Re: Coronavirus: Oxford Vaccine Works On Monkeys by Ernerstdavid55(m): 5:11pm On Apr 28, 2020
grin I knew it
Re: Coronavirus: Oxford Vaccine Works On Monkeys by wilemer: 5:11pm On Apr 28, 2020
lalastclala:
Coronavirus vaccine being tested at Oxford Uni left monkeys ‘virus free in one month’

A POTENTIAL coronavirus vaccine from Oxford University has kept monkeys immune from the deadly virus for a month.
The promising results comes after top Government experts warned a vaccine might be the only way out of the crisis.

badazz monkeys

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Oxford Vaccine Works On Monkeys by 9jayes: 5:12pm On Apr 28, 2020
Let me order your vaccine for you in dollars

Meanwhile bring your funds now that dollar is rising. Let me buy all your e-currencies at a juicy rate.
Re: Coronavirus: Oxford Vaccine Works On Monkeys by PericomaNwankwo: 5:12pm On Apr 28, 2020
Ok

Igbo si na obi ma ihe o ji hapu ahuekere gbo oto, zuo nke agbachaghi agbacha. Obu ogologo akuko

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Oxford Vaccine Works On Monkeys by StarUp: 5:12pm On Apr 28, 2020
They came late.... Madagascar taking the lead already.

28 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Oxford Vaccine Works On Monkeys by Punchline33: 5:12pm On Apr 28, 2020
British scientists are really trying on this vaccine project. I think it was Cambridge scientists last week now Oxford. Well, let them bring the vaccines out so we can return to normal and anyone who refuses to receive it can join the "antiChrist conspirators" and be exposed to covid-19... I noticed the noise about 5G spreading covid-19 has stopped when the lockdown became too hot that even to eat was a problem and uncertainty began to stare them in the face.

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Oxford Vaccine Works On Monkeys by lovinhubby2wife(m): 5:12pm On Apr 28, 2020
Nonsense

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Oxford Vaccine Works On Monkeys by Openbusiness: 5:12pm On Apr 28, 2020
Upon all the professors we get for this country, upon all the first class, upon all the mega universities, still they will never be in the news for something like this. Na Oxford, Cambridge, Stamford, Harvard, MIT, Yale go dey invent everything. Tuehhhhh!!!

60 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Oxford Vaccine Works On Monkeys by 9jayes: 5:12pm On Apr 28, 2020
Good news, it's been long we hear dis kinda news, all na death, covid-19, kano, kanu etc
Re: Coronavirus: Oxford Vaccine Works On Monkeys by bastien: 5:12pm On Apr 28, 2020
K
Re: Coronavirus: Oxford Vaccine Works On Monkeys by DropsMic(m): 5:12pm On Apr 28, 2020
Goid news
Re: Coronavirus: Oxford Vaccine Works On Monkeys by MPESA(m): 5:12pm On Apr 28, 2020
Jesus is Lord....
Re: Coronavirus: Oxford Vaccine Works On Monkeys by Odunolumide(m): 5:12pm On Apr 28, 2020
Monkeys?

Re: Coronavirus: Oxford Vaccine Works On Monkeys by EzzyCarter: 5:12pm On Apr 28, 2020
cheesy
Re: Coronavirus: Oxford Vaccine Works On Monkeys by Powerintoxicate: 5:13pm On Apr 28, 2020
And someone will come here start shouting Greatest Ife, Greatest akokite, Greatest UNN abi lions

78 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Oxford Vaccine Works On Monkeys by Millennialaku(m): 5:13pm On Apr 28, 2020
abeg uk universities do and start let me start making money
Re: Coronavirus: Oxford Vaccine Works On Monkeys by gospelpen(f): 5:13pm On Apr 28, 2020
Great news.

Nairalanders patronize my services here https://www.fiverr.com/s2/fa7f90d7b3

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Oxford Vaccine Works On Monkeys by Counsellor31: 5:13pm On Apr 28, 2020
Great news �

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

10 Facts About Farts You Might Not Know / How People Are Thanking Coronavirus Frontline Workers Worldwide (Pictures) / Coronavirus: Parents Abandon Kids At China Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.