Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,440 members, 7,850,544 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 02:00 AM

How Can I Get This Fraudster That Duped My Sister - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How Can I Get This Fraudster That Duped My Sister (1220 Views)

Nigerian Lady Calls Out Pastors That Duped Her Mother Of N2.2m / VIDEO Of How Man Caught Fraudster That Duped Him, See Beating / [video] White Woman Travels To Ghana To Arrest A Fraudster That Duped Her Of €20 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Get This Fraudster That Duped My Sister by chinavs9ja(m): 5:37pm On Apr 28, 2020
Hello Nairalanders! I know we have smart People here on this forum that is why I have come to seek for help on how this Fraudster can be arrested Asap. I will be brief as possible to explain exactly how my sister fall victim of this Fraudster. It was this afternoon, that my sister received a call from a strange number, he explained himself to be a PA to an honourable and he explained that someone gives her account number to the honourable to be among the person that will benefit from the relief fund that will be shared by the man which he called to be an honourable. Not so long, she said the person called her again to sent the token so that she will
be credited. Unfortunately, she sent the token and since then money has been debited from the account sequentially. We called the bank to explain and they confirmed the person to be Fraudster, they also disclose the person phone numbers Incase we want to take further steps so as to salvage people from falling into same trick.
Please how can we get this Fraudster?

Please lalasticlala

Re: How Can I Get This Fraudster That Duped My Sister by Gwagone: 5:46pm On Apr 28, 2020
k
Re: How Can I Get This Fraudster That Duped My Sister by meobizy(f): 5:48pm On Apr 28, 2020
If the bank sent her money back then I don’t think any further steps are needed. You can visit a police station and see if they can trace the idiot. Other than that I don’t know what else one can do regarding the matter.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Get This Fraudster That Duped My Sister by chinavs9ja(m): 6:00pm On Apr 28, 2020
meobizy:
If the bank sent her money back then I don’t think any further steps are needed. You can visit a police station and see if they can trace the idiot. Other than that I don’t know what else once can do regarding the matter.
Thanks for your contribution, I think he bought airtime with the money which can't be refunded by the bank. But the bank provide us with the phone numbers which the Fraudster used to buy the Airtime
Re: How Can I Get This Fraudster That Duped My Sister by meobizy(f): 6:03pm On Apr 28, 2020
The bank is meant to refund your sister either way once the transaction is discovered as a fraudulent one. Did they block his account? That is their next step of action. He may have also stolen the line which makes giving you people the number worthless.
chinavs9ja:

Thanks for your contribution, I think he bought airtime with the money which can't be refunded by the bank. But the bank provide us with the phone numbers which the Fraudster used to buy the Airtime
Re: How Can I Get This Fraudster That Duped My Sister by gulfer: 6:22pm On Apr 28, 2020
The dates/time on those alerts look suspicious to me, which alert came first
Re: How Can I Get This Fraudster That Duped My Sister by chinavs9ja(m): 6:25pm On Apr 28, 2020
gulfer:
The dates/time on those alerts look suspicious to me, which alert came first
The token message came in first which was sent to the Fraudster. After which she started receiving debit alerts
Re: How Can I Get This Fraudster That Duped My Sister by chinavs9ja(m): 6:28pm On Apr 28, 2020
meobizy:
The bank is meant to refund your sister either way once the transaction is discovered as a fraudulent one. Did they block his account? That is their next step of action. He may have also stolen the line which makes giving you people the number worthless.
Yes I also think as well that is why I don't disclose the number given to us yet. They didn't refund it Sir. I am not sure if we can track him by this phone number he used to call my sister
Re: How Can I Get This Fraudster That Duped My Sister by Nobody: 6:34pm On Apr 28, 2020
I don't believe it is easy to withdraw money from another person's account with OTP using bank transfers.After they otp has been entered the third party still needs to enter a secret password.Without that the transaction will not be successful.
Btw,this is an airtime top-up.Airtime top-up is only valid to the number the account holder use to fill his account opening form.
Re: How Can I Get This Fraudster That Duped My Sister by chinavs9ja(m): 7:00pm On Apr 28, 2020
cucumbae:
I don't believe it is easy to withdraw money from another person's account with OTP using bank transfers.After they otp has been entered the third party still needs to enter a secret password.Without that the transaction will not be successful.
Btw,this is an airtime top-up.Airtime top-up is only valid to the number the account holder use to fill his account opening form.
You didn't get how it happened,, the person use her account number with one pay application, with the one pay application you can make purchase of airtime. So after he connected the account number to the application, they sent otp to her in which she told him just as he said honourable want to send relief fund to people through her bank. So after that the person has been buying Airtime from the account. He will now later be converting the Airtime to cash by selling at cheaper rate

4 Likes

Re: How Can I Get This Fraudster That Duped My Sister by gulfer: 8:55pm On Apr 28, 2020
You seem to understand the business so much, what are you driving at exactly
Re: How Can I Get This Fraudster That Duped My Sister by chinavs9ja(m): 9:06pm On Apr 28, 2020
gulfer:
You seem to understand the business so much, what are you driving at exactly
I want to know how to get this idiot Fraudster and also to let people be aware so they don't fall victim
Re: How Can I Get This Fraudster That Duped My Sister by sonofanarchy(m): 10:11pm On Apr 28, 2020
so your sister had money, and she wants to receive funds from the government denying others who can't afford a thousand naira for feeding. See wetin greed do her? Serves as a lesson

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Port Harcourt Alleged Serial Rapist, Yangy; Full Name, More Details Revealed / [VIDEO] Nigerian Man Finds Sack Of Sand Inside Power Bank / Renowned Prophet Was Caught Performing Rituals With Raw Human Parts In Anambra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.