Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,708 members, 7,816,912 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:04 PM

How To Position Yourself For Opportunities During & After Covid-19 Lockdown - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How To Position Yourself For Opportunities During & After Covid-19 Lockdown (36305 Views)

Join A Whatsapp Group For Opportunities - Youth Opportunities Hub Forum / Lockdown: Salary Earners Will Also Cry / 5 Easy Ways To Position Yourself For The Right Opportunities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Position Yourself For Opportunities During & After Covid-19 Lockdown by JARUSHUB: 10:22am On Apr 29, 2020
At this webinar delivered by Taiwo Oyedele, President at Impact Africa Foundation and Partner at PwC Nigeria, he shares tips on positioning for opportunities during and after Covid-19 lockdown.

The tips:

1. Stay safe: You have to obey and comply all the rules and guidance from government, relevant government agencies like NCDC and the Ministries of Health, as well as your employers for those with jobs. Remember to stay at home and observe social distancing.

2. Stay sane: Maintain your physical well-being by finding time to exercise, walk out. You have to stay sane mentally. Think positively. Avoid the negativity going around. Ignore the many conspiracy theories being passed around. This is not the time to be passing conspiracy theories about 5G or that the world is coming to an end. Once you delve into negativity zone, it will be difficult to recover and it may have consequences on yourself and your career.

3. Stay informed: Your sources of information must be credible. For health and safety issues, rely on credible sources like WHO, NCDC, Federal Ministry of Health as well as credible media. Avoid fake news. This also means focusing on self-development. If you have not read a new book yet during this lockdown, you may have missed a good opportunity but it is never too late, you can still pick a good book and read now. Be mindful that almost every job interview or other opportunities you encounter post-COVID-19, you are likely to be asked questions on COVID-19. If you are not informed you are going to be telling them conspiracy theories and you will lose the opportunities. This is the time to think about how COVID-19 affects your work, your job, your industry; how it affects digital skills. You need to upskill your digital acumen as digital will play a more important role going forward; you need to stay informed.

4. Stay productive: How are you you spending the lockdown period? It is recommended that you spend at least 8 hours in a day doing productive work, 8 hours to relax (including sleeping) and 8 hours for for creativity, thinking and ensuring that you are getting better than you were the previous day. Think of opportunities and be prepared to think of ways of taking the opportunities when they come.

5. Stay connected: Who are you connected with? What do you use social media for? If you go to your social media pages, who are the people who are following? Are they people you wish to be like? How are you spending your time online? Are you doing any online course? You have to say connected, but be connected to the right people, people of like-minds, not people making up conspiracy theories.

In the end, this too shall pass. In a time of crisis, recognise the risk but pay attention to the opportunities.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GshPGON_4YE&t=66s

52 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How To Position Yourself For Opportunities During & After Covid-19 Lockdown by Aol360: 10:30am On Apr 29, 2020
Top notch.. Thanks for sharing

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Position Yourself For Opportunities During & After Covid-19 Lockdown by virginboy1(m): 1:03pm On Apr 29, 2020
Makes sense

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Position Yourself For Opportunities During & After Covid-19 Lockdown by Mikelarteta(m): 7:12pm On Apr 29, 2020
I hope this reopening doesn’t backfire. May God protect us all from this virus and hopefully the vaccine is found.

6 Likes

Re: How To Position Yourself For Opportunities During & After Covid-19 Lockdown by Jestin: 7:12pm On Apr 29, 2020
This 2020 go still bless us last last. Hit like to say a loud amen.

227 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Position Yourself For Opportunities During & After Covid-19 Lockdown by Slawormir: 7:12pm On Apr 29, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Alright

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Position Yourself For Opportunities During & After Covid-19 Lockdown by jericco1(m): 7:12pm On Apr 29, 2020
What opportunities exactly undecided

8 Likes

Re: How To Position Yourself For Opportunities During & After Covid-19 Lockdown by Thermodynamics(m): 7:12pm On Apr 29, 2020
We hear
Re: How To Position Yourself For Opportunities During & After Covid-19 Lockdown by Kizzygentle: 7:12pm On Apr 29, 2020
Am just sorry for my country. From next week d covid index will grow exponentially. See its not a curse its just a fact. I pray God intervenes. The only positioning should still be stay at home till d spread can be completely controlled.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Position Yourself For Opportunities During & After Covid-19 Lockdown by shiki(m): 7:13pm On Apr 29, 2020
cheesy Thank God my company will reopen after a whole one month
Re: How To Position Yourself For Opportunities During & After Covid-19 Lockdown by vickydankal(f): 7:13pm On Apr 29, 2020
After all this, if you lack favor, men and connection there won’t be any difference. But thank God for the information.

5 Likes

Re: How To Position Yourself For Opportunities During & After Covid-19 Lockdown by GboyegaD(m): 7:13pm On Apr 29, 2020
Sounds very reasonable. As for the connection, we should connect with the right persons.
Re: How To Position Yourself For Opportunities During & After Covid-19 Lockdown by Nobody: 7:13pm On Apr 29, 2020
16 hours of work per day Are you Elion musk?

3 Likes

Re: How To Position Yourself For Opportunities During & After Covid-19 Lockdown by BecomeALandLord(m): 7:14pm On Apr 29, 2020
Great tips.

Contact us for genuine lands and houses within estates at various locations.
Re: How To Position Yourself For Opportunities During & After Covid-19 Lockdown by Nobody: 7:14pm On Apr 29, 2020
Stay woke
Learn and Build an online business That is pandemic proof

If you like, you hear, our govt no get your time anyway
undecided
Re: How To Position Yourself For Opportunities During & After Covid-19 Lockdown by oluwaseyi0: 7:14pm On Apr 29, 2020
FRAUD ALERT

The advert below is from one fraudster called
Aminu Adulwaheed with UBA account number 2116086231

he keeps changing moniker and phone number, he blocks people immediately they transfer to him

more people confirming his fraud antics https://www.nairaland.com/5790026/fraud-account-nairalander#88380829

https://www.nairaland.com/5780209/internet-data-scammed-aminullahi-abdulwaheed

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How To Position Yourself For Opportunities During & After Covid-19 Lockdown by ignis: 7:14pm On Apr 29, 2020
Motivational speakers with sweet mouths. I avoid them by all means

16 Likes

Re: How To Position Yourself For Opportunities During & After Covid-19 Lockdown by Nobody: 7:14pm On Apr 29, 2020
With all the hunger nko?
Re: How To Position Yourself For Opportunities During & After Covid-19 Lockdown by airminem(f): 7:15pm On Apr 29, 2020
Financial assistance needed please

sad

I have a balance of 200 naira only in my account after i assisted a nairalander with the last 1000 naira left.

Please i need kind hearty people to assist me with 800 hundred naira to balance the 200 naira so i can witdraw it.

2121923725Uba

THANK YOU

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How To Position Yourself For Opportunities During & After Covid-19 Lockdown by propsvilla3: 7:15pm On Apr 29, 2020
J
Re: How To Position Yourself For Opportunities During & After Covid-19 Lockdown by dfrost: 7:16pm On Apr 29, 2020
grin
Re: How To Position Yourself For Opportunities During & After Covid-19 Lockdown by Nobody: 7:16pm On Apr 29, 2020
6. Stay away from virtual and bet9ja

Someone I know is employed with no salary at one of their offices at Ojudu Berger as I type. Bobo ti je gbeseembarassed

1 Like

Re: How To Position Yourself For Opportunities During & After Covid-19 Lockdown by logon599: 7:17pm On Apr 29, 2020
Quality read
Re: How To Position Yourself For Opportunities During & After Covid-19 Lockdown by iCauseTrouble: 7:17pm On Apr 29, 2020
Alot of good things are still in this year 2020.
People will get married, build houses, buy cars, get a job, international connection and financial freedom.
Like if you believe all these will still happen in 2020

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Position Yourself For Opportunities During & After Covid-19 Lockdown by emmabest2000(m): 7:18pm On Apr 29, 2020
Stay out of crime of any kind

To avoid the story that touches

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Position Yourself For Opportunities During & After Covid-19 Lockdown by Salmom: 7:18pm On Apr 29, 2020
Nothing like learn a skill. Incomplete

2 Likes

Re: How To Position Yourself For Opportunities During & After Covid-19 Lockdown by Focusmind: 7:18pm On Apr 29, 2020
I am using this lock down to retool and up scale my skills.

I have watched a lot of videos in youtube in areas I want to develop competence.

Honestly, youtube is a full fledged University. Learnt advanced use of SPSS and Info graphics tools and am I now a pro, using SPSS to analyse a lot of data.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Position Yourself For Opportunities During & After Covid-19 Lockdown by muhyeenisce(m): 7:18pm On Apr 29, 2020
Kizzygentle:
Am just sorry for my country. From next week d covid index will grow exponentially. See its not a curse its just a fact. I pray God intervenes. The only positioning should still be stay at home till d spread can be completely controlled.

Brother remain indoor nobody is forcing you to go out

4 Likes

Re: How To Position Yourself For Opportunities During & After Covid-19 Lockdown by nairavsdollars(f): 7:19pm On Apr 29, 2020
You mean sex position?

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Joy FM Presenter Faces Sack Over Remark Against David Mark / Door Attendant At An Eatery Dances At Door While Doing His Job / Meet Onayemi Temitope Timothy, Hunter With Bsc. And Msc. In Criminology

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.