Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,853 members, 7,817,524 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:43 PM

Interesting Facts About Snakes - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Interesting Facts About Snakes (654 Views)

This Fish is Able To Kill Snakes & Other Animals While Walking On Land (Video) / This Is Why Snakes Are Afraid Of Praying Mantises (Graphic Photos, Video) / These Snakes Slice Open Toads & Eat Their Organs While Prey Is Still Alive (Pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Interesting Facts About Snakes by bamirotola: 11:50pm On Apr 29, 2020
Because of our fascination with snakes I wanna share some interesting snake facts -----

Re: Interesting Facts About Snakes by bamirotola: 11:51pm On Apr 29, 2020
There is a single species of snakes made solely of females (the Brahminy Blind Snake) as they reproduce by parthenogenesis. They don't need no man so they're basically all clones. Change my mind

Re: Interesting Facts About Snakes by bamirotola: 11:52pm On Apr 29, 2020
This beautiful iridescent shieldtail had been hidden for a long time (145 years). It may also be one of the world's least known snakes, as only three specimens have been identified. She pretty and shy

Re: Interesting Facts About Snakes by bamirotola: 11:53pm On Apr 29, 2020
This spider-tailed horned viper baits birds by it's tail and camouflages thru the rocks. (Although it's still venomous) but like look. It's so real looking

Re: Interesting Facts About Snakes by bamirotola: 11:53pm On Apr 29, 2020
Keelback snakes like to eat poisonous toads (to which they are immune to)... And they KEEP the poison in special glands in their bodies that they get from those toads when hunting for prey in the future. I'm blown

Re: Interesting Facts About Snakes by bamirotola: 11:54pm On Apr 29, 2020
Some snakes can FLY (more like gliding) by freaking expanding their ribs. They glide from tree to tree ���

Re: Interesting Facts About Snakes by bamirotola: 11:56pm On Apr 29, 2020
Mole vipers have their teeth sideways so they don't have to open their mouths to stab you ��

Re: Interesting Facts About Snakes by bamirotola: 11:57pm On Apr 29, 2020
Bush vipers look like dragons ��

Re: Interesting Facts About Snakes by bamirotola: 11:58pm On Apr 29, 2020
These cute ass hognose snakes take "playing dead" to the next level. They bleed from their mouths and secrete a stinky white fluid to avoid predators. Drama queens �

Re: Interesting Facts About Snakes by bamirotola: 11:59pm On Apr 29, 2020
The horned desert viper (has horns obviously) but they survive desert conditions by condensing water through their scales during cooler temperatures (dusk or dawn)

Re: Interesting Facts About Snakes by Seventy7kings: 12:00am On Apr 30, 2020
bamirotola:
These cute ass hognose snakes take "playing dead" to the next level. They bleed from their mouths and secrete a stinky white fluid to avoid predators. Drama queens �
cute? undecided that thing looks scary
Re: Interesting Facts About Snakes by bamirotola: 12:00am On Apr 30, 2020
Fun fact: Ophidiophobia (fear of snakes) is the most common fear of all reptiles and also one of the most common fears in general. But, these creatures could walk without legs, swim without fins, fly without wings and they are freaking amazing. �

Lalasticala what do you think? Food is ready
Re: Interesting Facts About Snakes by bamirotola: 12:01am On Apr 30, 2020
Seventy7kings:
cute? undecided that thing looks scary

You should consider getter one as pet
Re: Interesting Facts About Snakes by Seventy7kings: 12:03am On Apr 30, 2020
bamirotola:

You should consider getter one as pet
are you kidding me?? Do I look like lalasticlala?
Well you've done a great job here though
Re: Interesting Facts About Snakes by bamirotola: 12:06am On Apr 30, 2020
Seventy7kings:
are you kidding me?? Do I look like lalasticlala?
Well you've done a great job here though

Lol..... Thank you..
Re: Interesting Facts About Snakes by illicit(m): 12:35am On Apr 30, 2020
I don't fear snakes especially fried one

(1) (Reply)

[2024] Gionee M12 Charging Board / 22 Interesting Fun Facts About Technology / Know How To Manipulate Modern Gadgets.... Etc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.