Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,703 members, 7,827,570 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:46 PM

Breaking: Covid19 Has Shown That Our Education Is Useless In Nigeria- Wike - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Breaking: Covid19 Has Shown That Our Education Is Useless In Nigeria- Wike (1159 Views)

Breaking #covid19: 108 New Cases Confirmed Making A Total Of 981 Cases / BREAKING: COVID19, Nigeria Records 51 New Cases, 17 Deaths Today (see States Aff / BREAKING!!! #covid19: “president Buhari Is Very Sick With Persistent Coughing”- (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking: Covid19 Has Shown That Our Education Is Useless In Nigeria- Wike by chrisxxx(m): 6:22am On Apr 30, 2020
After COVID-19 we really need to review our education system and its core values in this nation. If there's anything COVID-19 has exposed or taught us is how useless our education system really is in Nigeria. We can't even use our education to solve our problems in terms of crisis. We can't manufacture test kits, we have to rely on others to do it for us, can't make our own standard ventilators, we aren't even trying to manufacture any serious drug or produce any vaccine on our own, we are just waiting for others to do it. Are we saying that if others don't give us test kits we wont be able to carry out the test?

If they don't manufacture ventilators we won't. If they don't make any drug or vaccine we will all sit down and die.
We can't even sit down to think of our own home grown solutions that will work for us with our unique culture and situation, instead of copying the emergency trial and error lockdowns that Western nations had to introduce for themselves to fight the virus. We seriously need to sit down and review our education and it's importance to us as a society and how we should use it to solve our problems after this pandemic is over.

We the governors in Nigeria need to invest here than embezzling state funds to buy edifice in abroad.
Now there's no abroad to go again and no hospital here, how do we survive!?

For example do a research to find out if there is any single COVID 19 case in Madagascar as of today the answer is non because they used self made herb to cure the virus while WHO disapproved it but the president have an order to use it even drank it on live broadcast

4 Likes

Re: Breaking: Covid19 Has Shown That Our Education Is Useless In Nigeria- Wike by TPound(m): 6:24am On Apr 30, 2020
Ok
Re: Breaking: Covid19 Has Shown That Our Education Is Useless In Nigeria- Wike by princeade86(m): 6:42am On Apr 30, 2020
How sir. Though we know that we only read, just to pass, but can't research. Only 10% can research.

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Covid19 Has Shown That Our Education Is Useless In Nigeria- Wike by gnaftalee(m): 6:50am On Apr 30, 2020
Please I need to leave minna before I start begging on the street , anyone with a means to travel to Lagos , I am willing to pay ,
Re: Breaking: Covid19 Has Shown That Our Education Is Useless In Nigeria- Wike by Vision4God: 7:14am On Apr 30, 2020
Truly Nigerian educational system is shambled.
With all d research institutes we have..... Hhhmm

Gov wike has spoken d truth.

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Covid19 Has Shown That Our Education Is Useless In Nigeria- Wike by bularuz(m): 7:49am On Apr 30, 2020
Vision4God:
Truly Nigerian educational system is shambled.
With all d research institutes we have..... Hhhmm

Gov wike has spoken d truth.
Nigeria get educational system?

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Covid19 Has Shown That Our Education Is Useless In Nigeria- Wike by Pious101: 7:54am On Apr 30, 2020
It's quite unfortunate
Re: Breaking: Covid19 Has Shown That Our Education Is Useless In Nigeria- Wike by Glorymax: 7:54am On Apr 30, 2020
Well, you can say it again Mr governor but am saying we can't achieve any meaningful progress or development in the area of research.
Our main focus now and always is to advance the politics of nepotism and regionalism. If it's not from my region, we must not support it.

It is better we stop lying to ourselves and speak out collectively that Nigeria as it is constituted, is not working and can never work. Those who are gaining from this present structure, who are evidently in all the 36 states of the country, are our common enemies.

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Covid19 Has Shown That Our Education Is Useless In Nigeria- Wike by HworldH(m): 8:05am On Apr 30, 2020
Glorymax:
Well, you can say it again Mr governor but am saying we can't achieve any meaningful progress or development in the area of research.
Our main focus now and always is to advance the politics of nepotism and regionalism. If it's not from my region, we must not support it.

It is better we stop lying to ourselves and speak out collectively that Nigeria as it is constituted, is not working and can never work. Those who are gaining from this present structure, who are evidently in all the 36 states of the country, are our common enemies.

Well said.

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Covid19 Has Shown That Our Education Is Useless In Nigeria- Wike by Glorymax: 1:21pm On Apr 30, 2020
HworldH:

Well said.

Welcome dear, and keep staying safe
Re: Breaking: Covid19 Has Shown That Our Education Is Useless In Nigeria- Wike by Nobody: 1:28pm On Apr 30, 2020
We cram old foreign notebooks and handouts and pour.

Exam passed cheesy

When they always give education the lowest budget every yr, what do u expect.

Wike way dey talk, how much has he stolen and still stealing.
Make we hear jor

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Covid19 Has Shown That Our Education Is Useless In Nigeria- Wike by xynerise: 1:39pm On Apr 30, 2020
Biochemistry and Microbiology department in Nigeria universities should be totally shut down. They are both useless. And yes, if you are here reading this and you studied any of the two courses above, you are equally useless in that field.

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Covid19 Has Shown That Our Education Is Useless In Nigeria- Wike by Candanyl: 2:24pm On Apr 30, 2020
xynerise:
Biochemistry and Microbiology department in Nigeria universities should be totally shut down. They are both useless. And yes, if you are here reading this and you studied any of the two courses above, you are equally useless in that field.

How many research institute do we have in Nigeria and how much fund goes there yearly.Research institutes are practically non existent here.The problem is not with Educational system but rather corruption being the bane of the society. All those courses you mention are useless in nigeria because they arent able to secure jobs after study and would rather travel abroad to advance n work where research institutes are funded and where they are well taken care of . And the ones unable to travel abroad changes their career path to work in other sectors.
Re: Breaking: Covid19 Has Shown That Our Education Is Useless In Nigeria- Wike by xynerise: 3:31pm On Apr 30, 2020
Candanyl:

How many research institute do we have in Nigeria and how much fund goes there yearly.Research institutes are practically non existent here.The problem is not with Educational system but rather corruption being the bane of the society. All those courses you mention are useless in nigeria because they arent able to secure jobs after study and would rather travel abroad to advance n work where research institutes are funded and where they are well taken care of . And the ones unable to travel abroad changes their career path to work in other sectors.

The country is not ready to fund that research and scientific sector(whatever it is called). So it has rendered those courses useless
Re: Breaking: Covid19 Has Shown That Our Education Is Useless In Nigeria- Wike by Nobody: 5:21pm On Apr 30, 2020
xynerise:
Oga easy ooo... Na me pay school fees come discover dat my dept is under equipped despite raising alarm during SUG meeting but govt and school mgt played us down, so what remain is to theoricalise and pass with shame of no adequate practical to worthy my certificate but here I m learning and equipping myself from a notable pharmaceutical company to gather more knowledge in my field. What I m trying to say is channel your anger to them (govt) who hv refuse to invest in education sector but choose to fly their wards abroad to get sound and quality education
Re: Breaking: Covid19 Has Shown That Our Education Is Useless In Nigeria- Wike by Nobody: 5:25pm On Apr 30, 2020
xynerise:

The country is not ready to fund that research and scientific sector(whatever it is called). So it has rendered those courses useless
But what pain me most is that we get Minister of Science and Technology
Re: Breaking: Covid19 Has Shown That Our Education Is Useless In Nigeria- Wike by xynerise: 5:26pm On Apr 30, 2020
dirtydiva:
But what pain me most is that we get Minister of Science and Technology
Do you know his name without using Google search? grin
Re: Breaking: Covid19 Has Shown That Our Education Is Useless In Nigeria- Wike by Nobody: 5:27pm On Apr 30, 2020
xynerise:

Do you know his name without using Google search? grin
Ogbonnaya Onu if I m correct
Re: Breaking: Covid19 Has Shown That Our Education Is Useless In Nigeria- Wike by xynerise: 5:29pm On Apr 30, 2020
dirtydiva:

Name doesn't ring a bell. He hasn't be active
Re: Breaking: Covid19 Has Shown That Our Education Is Useless In Nigeria- Wike by Nobody: 5:35pm On Apr 30, 2020
xynerise:

Name doesn't ring a bell. He hasn't be active
because Baba doesn't know where to begin with, he is just a figure to compensate the south east region but lack the capacity to initiate anything under his ministry. Better make them merge them with education ministry
Re: Breaking: Covid19 Has Shown That Our Education Is Useless In Nigeria- Wike by cyndy1000(f): 5:40pm On Apr 30, 2020
Only God knows where our country is heading to
Re: Breaking: Covid19 Has Shown That Our Education Is Useless In Nigeria- Wike by xynerise: 5:44pm On Apr 30, 2020
dirtydiva:
because Baba doesn't know where to begin with, he is just a figure to compensate the south east region but lack the capacity to initiate anything under his ministry. Better make them merge them with education ministry

You are right though...
Re: Breaking: Covid19 Has Shown That Our Education Is Useless In Nigeria- Wike by somehow: 6:30pm On Apr 30, 2020
dirtydiva:
are you serious?
Re: Breaking: Covid19 Has Shown That Our Education Is Useless In Nigeria- Wike by Ifabernard(m): 6:59pm On Apr 30, 2020
Everything in nigeria na scam abeg

(1) (Reply)

Pay Death Benefits, Salary Arrears, NARD Tells FG / Father Is Speaking Out After Son Dies Of Heart Problems 5 Days After Vaccination / How To Live Up To 100 Years Of Age!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.