Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,317 members, 7,811,945 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:30 AM

100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) (117260 Views)

70-Million-Year-Old Dinosaur Sitting On A Nest Of Eggs Found In China (Photos) / 240-Million-Year-Old Sea Monster Unearthed In China, Has Giant Lizard In Belly / 110-Million-Year-Old Dinosaur's Last Meal Found Preserved In It's Stomach (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by Nobody: 10:22pm On Apr 30, 2020
The first ever evidence of a dinosaur which swam, lived and hunted underwater has been discovered in the now-barren wilderness of the Saharan desert.

But 100 million years ago this region would have been a lush oasis interspersed with rivers and waterways teeming with life.

And lurking beneath the surface, sitting atop the entire food chain, was a fearsome aquatic dinosaur.

The river monster — called Spinosaurus aegyptiacus — powered through the water with a fin-like tail and captured slippery prey with six-inch long conical teeth.

A fossilised tail of a juvenile of the species, which belongs to the therepod group, the same as the T-rex, was found in modern-day Morocco.

Adults are known to reach up to 50ft long and weigh up to 20 tonnes but this specimen had yet to reach its full size, measuring 35ft from snout to tail and weighing around four tonnes.

Source: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-8269417/Enormous-dinosaur-discovered-lived-hunted-underwater-100-million-years-ago.html

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by Nobody: 7:17am On May 01, 2020

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by LandMann: 8:57am On May 01, 2020
Years ago, most dangerous threat to human lives were big visible creature. Today, it's a microscopic virus that we can't see with our naked eyes that is the most dangerous threat to human existence.

Unfortunately, the whole debacle has once again exposed how failed we are as a country; both the leaders and the followers are part and parcel of the cause of the problems.

Unfortunately, I just hope we retrace our steps quickly before we, like the dinosaur, get buried and forgotten in the sands of time.

To A Better Nigeria

417 Likes 26 Shares

Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by abrahambest(m): 8:57am On May 01, 2020
Good
Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by klufs(m): 8:57am On May 01, 2020
Wow
Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by TOPCRUISE(m): 8:58am On May 01, 2020
Nonsense. I thought it has returned angry

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by MemoriesAndMe: 8:58am On May 01, 2020
100 million years? What year was the earth created according to the holy books?

83 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by Treborblue(m): 8:58am On May 01, 2020
How old is the earth sef , I don't believe
Meanwhile I now sell Kampala material my number at signature

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by RealEzee(m): 8:58am On May 01, 2020
Hmmm this people have come again

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by DrBrainstorm(m): 8:58am On May 01, 2020
Acoording to Bible scholars, the Earth is about 6000yrs old. God works of Creation started and was completed in 7days. But what if they were not actually days? What if it spanned over a million years?
Carbon dating has made us to know that the Earth is far more than 6000 years old.
Anyways, what do I know? undecided

114 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by medTechworld(f): 8:58am On May 01, 2020
Happy new month!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by guestwlanb123: 8:58am On May 01, 2020
Seriously
Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by Basilpearck(m): 8:58am On May 01, 2020
How old is the Earth it self..

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by DirtyGold: 8:58am On May 01, 2020
100 million years... when the world was an exciting place grin
Now, the monsters are little creatures called man angry

What's tha business?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by Treborblue(m): 8:58am On May 01, 2020
MemoriesAndMe:
My Guy my guy , how e dey be na
Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by naijaloan: 8:58am On May 01, 2020
Umu chineke eh!
This looks like a popular Nairaland moderator.

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by tonididdy(m): 8:58am On May 01, 2020
LandMann:
Ok
Take time angry

1 Like

Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by luckycliff: 8:58am On May 01, 2020
Monstrous monster
Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by gbebodye(f): 8:58am On May 01, 2020
Omo, earth don pè layé o
The stories we've heard over the years are mostly fabricated angry
But science will unveil the truths

grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-I525KtbupI

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by Uyi168: 8:58am On May 01, 2020
I always believed that people interpreted that creation story of the Bible wrong

Meanwhile I now sell Kampala material my number at signature

2 Likes

Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by princeade86(m): 8:58am On May 01, 2020
Continue ur lies. We are watching.

7 Likes

Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by OtemAtum: 8:58am On May 01, 2020
Good one.
Adspiramen 16: 32, 33

32. But there is nothing hidden that shall not be dug up. All the powers of the present world shall be dug up for the use of the future world.

33. Even the flat stones of great words shall be dug up and the dead bodies too.

8 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by Yenefer(f): 8:59am On May 01, 2020
Cool
Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by benuejosh: 8:59am On May 01, 2020
Wow
Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by Nobody: 8:59am On May 01, 2020
Everything is in the Bible. But when you think you smarter than God, His things are quite tricky sometimes.

Stumbling to the arrogant who are wise in their own eyes, and life to the humble in heart.

Fxk it! You can't be smarter than the one who made you, who fashioned this whole vast complicated universe.

JOB 41 reads thus:
“Can you pull in Leviathan with a fishhook or tie down its tongue with a rope?
Can you put a cord through its nose or pierce its jaw with a hook?
Will it keep begging you for mercy? Will it speak to you with gentle words?
Will it make an agreement with you for you to take it as your slave for life?
Can you make a pet of it like a bird or put it on a leash for the young women in your house?" - Job 41

JOB 41 is an interesting read.
The chapter was describing a particular 'river monster'. If you can't toil with Leviathan, why then do you think you can toil with the one who made Leviathan?

50 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by afonja112: 8:59am On May 01, 2020
this one go swallow lalastica in one gulp o

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Man Goes To Repair His Fridge, When They Told Him The Price, See What He Did Nex / Thousands Of Dead Fish In Rivers State Washed Up On Shoreline (photo) / Live Updates On Today's Solar Eclipse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.