Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,885 members, 7,814,000 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:59 PM

Does This Actually Minimize Fuel Consumption? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Does This Actually Minimize Fuel Consumption? (446 Views)

Russia Promises To Minimize Operations In Northern Ukraine / Termite Inspections - A Fantastic Method To Minimize Termite Treatment Expenses / Does This Minimize Fuel Consumption? Engineers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does This Actually Minimize Fuel Consumption? by DANO1011(m): 10:21am On May 01, 2020
Does this actually minimize fuel consumption?

Re: Does This Actually Minimize Fuel Consumption? by SalamRushdie: 10:24am On May 01, 2020
In your mind yes but technically NO, the rate of fuel consumption for an internal combustion engine (ICE) is decided at the carburetor or injector under the guidance of the throttle allowance . This valve you have shown is just in place to starve the carburetor of fuel and once your engine is running smooth it's means the carburetor has enough fuel

2 Likes

Re: Does This Actually Minimize Fuel Consumption? by mrvitalis(m): 10:25am On May 01, 2020
Not at all ...the fuel would still collet at the injector and pump in at normal rate

Reduce load if I want to save fuel

1 Like

Re: Does This Actually Minimize Fuel Consumption? by emmy512: 10:27am On May 01, 2020
To me it does reduce fuel consumption but to detriment of carburator.
But caburator isn't that expensive and will take like 5 months to spoil.
I do it on my gen, it usually takes me 14hrs for full tank but halving the fuel supply extends it further 4 to 6 hrs.

I on the gen 6pm last night and it's still on, and would be till around 1.
What it does is reduce thw flow of fuel that should be burnt.

1 Like

Re: Does This Actually Minimize Fuel Consumption? by jlinkd78(m): 10:53am On May 01, 2020
Am here to also learn
Re: Does This Actually Minimize Fuel Consumption? by RapistOnBail: 11:14am On May 01, 2020
This is something I do all the time and it helps.

(1) (Reply)

How Crack Wifi Password Using Fern WIFI Cracker Tool | Full Guide / Breaking: India Legalize The Marriage Between Human And Animals / A Guy Posted He Needs 7k Urgently And This Happened.. Nigeria Can Be Wicked

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.