Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,128 members, 7,829,020 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:39 PM

The Access Bank Plc Video, Dangote Cement Plc - Why It Will Only Get Worst - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / The Access Bank Plc Video, Dangote Cement Plc - Why It Will Only Get Worst (1655 Views)

Dangote Cement Plc Pre-interview Information Form / Dangote Cement Plc Pre Employment Test / Dangote Cement Plc Truck Drivers Recruitment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Access Bank Plc Video, Dangote Cement Plc - Why It Will Only Get Worst by Neictraema(f): 2:29pm On May 01, 2020
If you have not seen the trending video by Access Bank Plc MD/ CEO Herbert Wigwe talking about firing some "non-essential" staffs you have not been paying attention.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fX0HYZdL7HY

Rightly like most, I am somewhat saddened by its content and want to get my frustration out, I feel we all should be asking questions here.

1: Are cleaners, security men and women "non-essential staffs"? For how long have they been "non-essential staffs"?
2: Outsourcing company:
- Should they be regulated? Prevented from sending massively underpaid staff to the financial sectors?
- Should any work that lasts more than 6 months in any form be allowed to be filled with temporary staff?
3: Access Bank Plc:
- If this is a cost-saving ritual, do these 70% largely outsourced "non-essential staff" EARN more than the remaining 30% (including the top management)?
- Should the bank investigate and fire (the only armo they seem to have and love using) who leaked the video?
- Should an employee be even considering recording a private company meeting?
- Should the CEO not try to save costs in these environments where revenues are certain to head south?
- Did the CEO go after people that represent simple numbers on a screen instead of his close c-suits team?
4: Nigeria (A country is never ready-even in the good times)
- Should naija ban outsourcing staffs
- Should naija have unemployment benefit programs?
- Should naija step in right now and prevent firms from laying off their staff? Using grants, forgivable loans, threats (of nationalization) if necessary.

Sadly things will only get worst:
- next, it will be the oil companies (with negative oil prices)
- the banks that have exposures to the oil companies
- state governors abandoning the minimum wage pledge (I hope they don't)
- Federal government cutting budgets
- construction firms etc
- people buying only "essentials" affecting services and more

No one can be prepared for a pandemic, however, neither Nigeria nor most Nigeria CEOs nor most employees were prepared for any kind of downturn. We were set for perfection until COVID 19 hit.
I pray and hope COVID -19 will join the history books soonest and its lessons will stay with us.

I am sure you more questions and answers please drop them in the comment below.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Access Bank Plc Video, Dangote Cement Plc - Why It Will Only Get Worst by raystar96(m): 2:37pm On May 01, 2020
So sad...ABN messed up big time... giving to the greedy instead of the needy.

1 Like

Re: The Access Bank Plc Video, Dangote Cement Plc - Why It Will Only Get Worst by Jokerman(m): 2:53pm On May 01, 2020
At least Dangote didn't sack

2 Likes

Re: The Access Bank Plc Video, Dangote Cement Plc - Why It Will Only Get Worst by aliandro(m): 8:27pm On May 01, 2020
This too shall pass and we will survive it.

1 Like

Re: The Access Bank Plc Video, Dangote Cement Plc - Why It Will Only Get Worst by heykims(m): 8:52pm On May 01, 2020
The op is not being factual but rather sentimental.
I feel for those that will lose their jobs though but it'll happen, not only in Nigeria but worldwide.

1 Like

Re: The Access Bank Plc Video, Dangote Cement Plc - Why It Will Only Get Worst by raystar96(m): 9:22pm On May 01, 2020
heykims:
The op is not being factual but rather sentimental.
I feel for those that will lose their jobs though but it'll happen, not only in Nigeria but worldwide.
I pray your love one's doesn't lose their too

(1) (Reply)

Hot Jobs From Guardian Papers / First Bank Job / Gtb Test In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.