Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,060 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:35 AM

Eriksson: NFF Wanted My Salary Divided If Appointed As Eagles Coach In 2010 - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Eriksson: NFF Wanted My Salary Divided If Appointed As Eagles Coach In 2010 (259 Views)

"I Have A Year Or Less To Live": Sven-Goran Eriksson Diagnosed Of Cancer / AFCON: Musa, Chukwueze On Target As Eagles Beat Coton Sport In Practice Match / Sven-Göran Eriksson Rejected Super Eagles Job: "I Was Asked To Split My Salary" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Eriksson: NFF Wanted My Salary Divided If Appointed As Eagles Coach In 2010 by Jidefido(m): 7:54am On May 02, 2020
Former England coach, Sven-Göran Eriksson has revealed that the then Aminu Maigiri-led Nigeria Football Federation had given him a condition before he could be appointed Super Eagles in 2010.

In an interview with branschen.se, Eriksson said he was approached after the 2010 World Cup and he was told by an official of the NFF that his salary would be paid into two different bank accounts.

The 72-year-old was among the coaches shortlisted for the Eagles’ job after late Shaibu Amodu was relieved of his job despite a third-place finish at the 2010 Africa Cup of Nations in Angola and qualifying the squad for the Mundial.

Asked if he ever applied for a job as a coach, Erikson said, “I’ve never applied for a job in my entire life.

“All my assignments have come about through the results I have achieved. I have never gone through any traditional job interviews, never sat down and conducted any tests or been analysed.

“The closest I have come to an interview is that I met the owner or chairman of the club or national team during a dinner or some other context. But then it was really just about meeting to talk about terms and contracts.”

Erikson added, “The only time I can remember having undergone any form that resembles an interview was when I was asked about the job of Nigeria’s national team coach in 2010 ahead of the World Cup in South Africa.

“I went down in the belief that I would meet the chairman of the national team association (NFF) and that it was really only contract formalities that we would go through. But when I arrived, several coaches had received the same invitation, including Lars Lagerbäck. I was very surprised but found myself quite quickly.

Read more at https://thesportsbay.com/36261-eriksson-nff-wanted-my-salary-divided.html
Re: Eriksson: NFF Wanted My Salary Divided If Appointed As Eagles Coach In 2010 by Nobody: 7:55am On May 02, 2020
What happens when Nigeria is mentioned....
We done so spoil our name eh
Re: Eriksson: NFF Wanted My Salary Divided If Appointed As Eagles Coach In 2010 by ukukaegbu(m): 8:08am On May 02, 2020
Na their way

(1) (Reply)

Atalanta SRL Vs Barcelona SRL / Best Defender In LA Liga / Ex-nigeria Striker Reacts To AFCON Win Over Cameroon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.