Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:24 AM

Introduction To Blogging - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Introduction To Blogging (891 Views)

7 Ways To Make Your Free Wordpress Site Look More Credible To Blogging Clients / Guide To Blogging- 10 Effective Tips New Bloggers Should Know / Free Tutorial: Basic Introduction To Blogging (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Introduction To Blogging by feefon(m): 5:48pm On Jan 10, 2011
[center]Introduction To Blogging[/center]

The year is going to an end, but nothing seems to be working as thought, the wall clock is ticking click click reminding you of how fast everything around you is changing.  Would you like to make money from the internet by owning a Blog and telling the world about your hobby with pleasure?, if your answer is YES!!! then you are welcome to NoMoreF For Bloggers.

Do you have a hobby?
Will it remain your hobby for the next years to come?
Would you like to share it with the world?
Is it worth it?
Do you have access to a computer and internet?
Are you a computer novice?
Are you ready to tell the world about it?
Are your answers yes?.

Ladies and Gentlemen I present to you the world fastest growing technology in 17 words and the world fastest growing communication system in 34 words:

The Internet: The Internet is a international standardized global system of interconnected computer networks that connects millions of people.

A Blog: A blog (a contraction of the term “weblog”) is a type of website, usually maintained by an individual with regular entries of commentary, descriptions of events, or other material such as graphics or video.

I have created a mini series to introduce you to Blogging to success, to tell you short history of Blog, and many more.  would you like to Blog and make money from Blogging?, or would you like to Blog just for the fun of it?, in NoMoreF For Bloggers I will assist you with both options by sharing with you what successful bloggers don’t like sharing with the newbie, I will share the secrets of Blogging to success with you and how you can build a great community around your Blog.

In this mini series I will write lots about my experiences as a Blogger since I started in 2008.  Its a pity that most people that owns a blog or planning to start a blog don’t care much about the definitions, the history, and the introduction to Blogging which I believe should be the first thing any Blogger must learn/know in order to build a great community around their Blogs and for those who wants to Blog for money it also helps by creating a straight forward road to success.  If you are able to learn and understand top five definitions of a Blog then you are one step closer to building a successful and profitable Blog.

Knowing all these things will help you in your decisions about what you should Blog about, how to choose your niche and the most important part is that it will help you in building a Blog with a very strong foundation on the chosen niche and assist you in building a community around it which in return leads to high profits.

[center]Introduction To Blogging Mini Series[/center]

A short history of Blogging

Who is Blogging suitable for

Great reasons why you should start a Blog today

What you must know before you start a Blog

What you must have before you start a Blog

How to start a Blog

Graduation Day!!!

[center]Top 4 Blog terminology[/center]

One who participates in the activities of maintaining a Blog is known as a Blogger and the activity of keeping a Blog is known as Blogging.  So we could say that the Blogger Blogs in his Blog, but that might cause your English teacher to weep.  I are going to use these terms a lot, so make sure you understand what they mean before you go on.

Blog (noun) – a journal or diary that is on the Internet – Andrew Sullivan has the most popular Blog on the Internet.
Blogger (noun) – a person who keeps a Blog – Bloggers are revolutionizing the way news is shared.
Blog (verb) – to write a Blog – I am going to Blog before breakfast this morning.
Blogging (verb) – the action of writing a Blog – Blogging is my way of sharing my passions with the world.

Author
------------------------------------
Dayo Nurudeen
CEO FeelFree

Re: Introduction To Blogging by sekulashe(m): 1:52pm On Jan 13, 2011
Hi dayo Nurudeen,

I’ve been trying to blog for some time now and don’t seem to be making much headway.
I’ve been using www..com and have even raised a few blogs but cant just seem to be able to monetize them. Any help or advise you can give will be highly appreciated.

thanks
Re: Introduction To Blogging by feefon(m): 5:51pm On Jan 13, 2011
could you share the link to your blog please?.
How long have you been blogging?.
And what is the traffic to your blog like,

To monetize on a blog it means you are getting adequate visitors on your blog per day at-least 200+++. To get that kind of visiting number you need to have something that those visitors really want.

So tell me little more about what you are doing right, then I might be able to figure out what you are doing wrong.
Thanks
Re: Introduction To Blogging by sekulashe(m): 10:19pm On Jan 15, 2011
my blogs are

http://totaldigitalphotography..com/
http://petbirdnutrition..com/
http://realnassaubahamascruise..com/

The first blog (http://totaldigitalphotography..com/) was really a sketch or trial and it didn’t have much content. Other ones like it were of the same similar content.

The mistake I made was that I tried to monetize the blog and applied for google adsense but was declined.

The problem now is that anytime I try to create or add content to the blogs, I’m asked to verify and in the process I come across a list of countries, but when I select Nigeria I get a message that says sorry, the selected country is not supported for verification. Then I would not be able to go further. If you also look at the bottom right side of the image I uploaded, you’ll see the symbol of a closed padlock

I currently have some content that should be great to blog about but the verification is making it impossible for me to go on.

How do I solve this problem please.

Thanks so much

Re: Introduction To Blogging by feefon(m): 11:24pm On Jan 15, 2011
I have checked all your blogs but they all look like a joke to me

Con's:
No adequate content on them,

Even if I was Google I will not let you set up adsense on those blogs. I will advise you to work more hard on them before you even think of monetizing them.

My advise:
Put more quality content
Get your own domain name and host them by yourself
Work and work and work more hard to get visitors
Build a community around your blogs
Optimize it for search engines

I guess that should get you started.

Good luck blogging.
Re: Introduction To Blogging by sekulashe(m): 12:20am On Jan 18, 2011
Your advice is noted and taken, thanks.

I know my blogs are very poor cos I even said so myself, besides those are the trial ones. It appears you didn’t read my reply properly.

Now I’ve got great content but I cant seem to post them online cos of the verification thing. I even created another ID but I still couldn’t get past the verification stage, how do I solve that.

Thanks.
Re: Introduction To Blogging by feefon(m): 4:43pm On Jan 30, 2011
Google "

Why is my country not supported for SMS delivery?

There are a number of countries and carriers for which we don't provide this service because of varying limitations. If possible, you may want to try a friend's phone on another carrier.

"

http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=114129#novoicecountry

Sorry that am replying late was busy with business.

(1) (Reply)

I Want To Bake My Website / Where In The World Is Omnipotens? / Daily Independent Online - To Whom It May Concern . . .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.