Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,686 members, 7,816,796 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:20 PM

I Have 450k For Camera. Video Is Only My Main Concern - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / I Have 450k For Camera. Video Is Only My Main Concern (3084 Views)

Pny 128gb Sdxc For Camera / Laptop #10000 / All Your Concern About Print And Photos / Owerri Residence: Battery For Camera D90 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Have 450k For Camera. Video Is Only My Main Concern by Nobody: 8:59am On May 02, 2020
Please advice. I am so confused. I only want to shoot videos only, don't care about pictures.
Things I need
Image stabilisation
Cheap lense options
4k video record.
Good lowlights.
I will buy buying a speed booster, not among the 450k. Recommend best speed booster
Note, I am going into cinema video. Thanks.
Re: I Have 450k For Camera. Video Is Only My Main Concern by Nobody: 9:00am On May 02, 2020
Someone recommended gh5 and g85, but are they good?
Re: I Have 450k For Camera. Video Is Only My Main Concern by dawnomike(m): 9:36am On May 02, 2020
I suggests you check product reviews online via Google...
Re: I Have 450k For Camera. Video Is Only My Main Concern by Nobody: 9:49am On May 02, 2020
dawnomike:
I suggests you check product reviews online via Google...
I have done that. And I can't rely on white people's review. I need a review from Nigeria. Some of them are paid to promote a certain camera. Also they are paid in dollars and can buy any camera even 50,000$ camera. Unlike us paid in naira which is a devalue

2 Likes

Re: I Have 450k For Camera. Video Is Only My Main Concern by Nobody: 10:36am On May 02, 2020
Come on people. Can't someone get help here?
Re: I Have 450k For Camera. Video Is Only My Main Concern by Phfetish(m): 12:09pm On May 02, 2020
For a 5% finder's fee I can connect you with a camera dealer based in Lagos who would not only recommend you the perfect camera but aid you in making a right choice of purchase. Deal?
Re: I Have 450k For Camera. Video Is Only My Main Concern by Nobody: 3:06pm On May 02, 2020
Phfetish:
For a 5% finder's fee I can connect you with a camera dealer based in Lagos who would not only recommend you the perfect camera but aid you in making a right choice of purchase. Deal?
5% of my 450k?
Re: I Have 450k For Camera. Video Is Only My Main Concern by Phfetish(m): 3:19pm On May 02, 2020
Henrymorre:
5% of my 450k?

Yes!
Re: I Have 450k For Camera. Video Is Only My Main Concern by Nobody: 3:32pm On May 02, 2020
Phfetish:

Yes!
well done. You want to eat where you did not sow. Did I tell you I can't. Access Amazon?
Re: I Have 450k For Camera. Video Is Only My Main Concern by Phfetish(m): 4:01pm On May 02, 2020
Henrymorre:
well done. You want to eat where you did not sow. Did I tell you I can't. Access Amazon?

It's called finder's fee for a reason Sir. Say I link you with a credible seller who sorts your needs out and give you the exact spec that meets your requirements, does that count as reaping where I didn't sow?

You only pay me 2.5% of your purchase and instruct the seller to pay me the the other 2.5%. in the end your buying the camera less 5% of it's total cost.

2 Likes

Re: I Have 450k For Camera. Video Is Only My Main Concern by bmdmixer: 2:05pm On May 03, 2020
Henrymorre:
Someone recommended gh5 and g85, but are they good?
google is ur friend
Re: I Have 450k For Camera. Video Is Only My Main Concern by IAmSkinny: 7:22pm On May 03, 2020
Henrymorre:
Please advice. I am so confused. I only want to shoot videos only, don't care about pictures.
Things I need
Image stabilisation
Cheap lense options
4k video record.
Good lowlights.
I will buy buying a speed booster, not among the 450k. Recommend best speed booster
Note, I am going into cinema video. Thanks.

Sony
Fuji
Panny
Sony:
Try the a7iii (might be above your budget.
See the older a7rii and the lowlight beast a7sii. Both have terrible battery life.

APS-C try the a6400 (lacks IBIS)
See the a6300 or the more expensive a6500. Prices are seriously dropping due to the announcement of their respective replacements.

Fuji
Try the older XT2

Try the more affordable XT30
They're other cool and cheaper offerings from Fuji but I am afraid they may not meet your requirements.
Panny:
The GH5 is above your budget
Try the Older GH4.
................. Not a huge fan of micro four thirds so I won't say much here.
The deal is to get a capable mirrorless camera and that's why all my recommendations are strictly mirrorless. Stay away from DSLR as they are just bunch of clumsy and slow video camera wannabes.
The guy asking for 5% is a potential scammer. If you need help with legit dealers, holla.
I believe your budget includes lenses?

............. Updating
Re: I Have 450k For Camera. Video Is Only My Main Concern by Nobody: 7:45pm On May 03, 2020
IAmSkinny:

Sony
Fuji
Panny
Sony:
Try the a7iii (might be above your budget.
See the older a7rii and the lowlight beast a7sii

APS-C try the a6400 (lacks IBIS)
See the a6300

Fuji
Try the older XT2

Try the more affordable XT30

Panny
The GH5 is above your budget
Try the Older GH4

............. Updating

I need a full frame camera. I'm not a fan of micro thirty Abi fourth. Also I can get those camera for used at cheaper rate. Just qoute good camera for videos.
I've made my pic
Sony a7rii
Sony a7rii
And sony a7ii
I need very good video and also camera for pix. Beast low light.
Re: I Have 450k For Camera. Video Is Only My Main Concern by IAmSkinny: 7:46pm On May 03, 2020
Henrymorre:
I need a full frame camera. I'm not a fan of micro thirty Abi fourth. Also I can get those camera for used at cheaper rate. Just qoute good camera for videos.

Updated
Re: I Have 450k For Camera. Video Is Only My Main Concern by Nobody: 7:47pm On May 03, 2020
IAmSkinny:

Updated
read above updated too
Re: I Have 450k For Camera. Video Is Only My Main Concern by IAmSkinny: 7:52pm On May 03, 2020
Henrymorre:
I've made my pic
Sony a7rii
Sony a7rii
And sony a7ii
I need very good video and also camera for pix. Beast low light.

Used deals. Hmmm
The a7rii is very good in lowlight. I have seen a guy shooting comfortable with it at ISO 5000.
The a7sii is a very capable video machine too. Excellent lowlight capabilities.
These are the two finalists. For 450k, I am sure you can get a used one with kit lens.

The a7ii get as e be. I would not recommend it
Re: I Have 450k For Camera. Video Is Only My Main Concern by Nobody: 8:07pm On May 03, 2020
IAmSkinny:

Used deals. Hmmm
The a7rii is very good in lowlight. I have seen a guy shooting comfortable with it at ISO 5000.
The a7sii is a very capable video machine too. Excellent lowlight capabilities.
These are the two finalists. For 450k, I am sure you can get a used one with kit lens.

The a7ii get as e be. I would not recommend it
I just checked that the lenses are very expensive. Upto 200k for some good lense. Bro odi too much. Is there any other camera that has cheap lenses?
Re: I Have 450k For Camera. Video Is Only My Main Concern by IAmSkinny: 8:16pm On May 03, 2020
Henrymorre:
I just checked that the lenses are very expensive. Upto 200k for some good lense. Bro odi too much. Is there any other camera that has cheap lenses?

Fullframe lenses are generally expensive. Or would you rather go with a DSLR?

Just get an affordable cropped body and spend the remaining money on lenses. Some modern APS-C bodies outshine older Fullframe cameras in IQ
Re: I Have 450k For Camera. Video Is Only My Main Concern by Nobody: 8:18pm On May 03, 2020
IAmSkinny:

Fullframe lenses are generally expensive. Or would you rather go with a DSLR?

Just get an affordable cropped body and spend the remaining money on lenses. Some modern APS-C bodies outshine older Fullframe cameras in IQ

maybe I am brain washed that full frame allows more light into the lense. Can you educate me on that. Also can I get a APC c lense with all the specs I want including image stabilisation
Re: I Have 450k For Camera. Video Is Only My Main Concern by IAmSkinny: 8:36pm On May 03, 2020
Henrymorre:
maybe I am brain washed that full frame allows more light into the lense. Can you educate me on that. Also can I get a APC c lense with all the specs I want including image stabilisation
That's not entirely true. Fullframe cameras have bigger sensor size (36mmx24mm) while APS-C cameras have relatively smaller sensor sizes (24mmx18mm not too sure).
In photography, a bigger sensor produces better image quality and better lowlight performance than smaller sensors. But since your target is vídeo, this is highly negligeable as in video, only a small portion of the sensor is used for capturing video unlike photography.
Due to the advancement in tech, APS-C sensors have proven their capabilities over and over again in lowlight. Some APS-C cameras have the same spec and features of professional Fullframe cameras at a lower price point.
All the cameras I recommended have in-body image stabilisation, including the APS-C's so they should serve you very well in lowlight. Get a very good APS-C body and thank me later
Re: I Have 450k For Camera. Video Is Only My Main Concern by CornOak(m): 9:38pm On May 03, 2020
IAmSkinny:

That's not entirely true. Fullframe cameras have bigger sensor size (36mmx24mm) while APS-C cameras have relatively smaller sensor sizes (24mmx18mm not too sure).
In photography, a bigger sensor produces better image quality and better lowlight performance than smaller sensors. But since your target is vídeo, this is highly negligeable as in video, only a small portion of the sensor is used for capturing video unlike photography.
Due to the advancement in tech, APS-C sensors have proven their capabilities over and over again in lowlight. Some APS-C cameras have the same spec and features of professional Fullframe cameras at a lower price point.
All the cameras I recommended have in-body image stabilisation, including the APS-C's so they should serve you very well in lowlight. Get a very good APS-C body and thank me later

Wonderful suggestion and analysis. I've been following you guys' conversation. You seems to have a wider-ranging knowledge of cameras.

Now I have a question.

Would you recommend a Sony Alpha 6000 in 2020? I am thinking of going for it since it would be my first professional camera. My reasons for the choice are:

— Affordability
— Portability
— Versatility (Decent mix of video + photo capability)
— Insane Autofocus
— Great real user reviews
— And more...

Although, the battery life is poor and it doesn't come fitted with microphone port. Significantly, what do you think about this choice? Would you recommend an alternative?

I'm kinda neglecting DSLRs due to their poor video implementation. At this point, your input would greatly be appreciated.

Thank you. cool
Re: I Have 450k For Camera. Video Is Only My Main Concern by Nobody: 9:46pm On May 03, 2020
IAmSkinny:

okay. One more question. Between Sony, Nikon, canon which do you think is better, much cheaper lense with everything I want and good for videos only?
Re: I Have 450k For Camera. Video Is Only My Main Concern by IAmSkinny: 9:59pm On May 03, 2020
CornOak:

Wonderful suggestion and analysis. I've been following you guys' conversation. You seems to have a wider-ranging knowledge of cameras.

Now I have a question.

Would you recommend a Sony Alpha 6000 in 2020? I am thinking of going for it since it would be my first professional camera. My reasons for the choice are:

— Affordability
— Portability
— Versatility (Decent mix of video + photo capability)
— Insane Autofocus
— Great real user reviews
— And more...

Although, the battery life is poor and it doesn't come fitted with microphone port. Significantly, what do you think about this choice? Would you recommend an alternative?

I'm kinda neglecting DSLRs due to their poor video implementation. At this point, your input would greatly be appreciated.

Thank you. cool
I see you did an extensive research on the the a6000.
The a6000 is actually a wonderful camera TBH but like you already know, it lacks mic and headphone jacks which is a huge turn off for me.
Budget wise, it's a steal for most of features you get. I would have recommended the a6300 but it maybe above your budget. Have you seen the new a6100?
If you are on a tight budget and audio quality is not a priority, please get the a6000 by all means. It's still a champ even after six years. Alternatively, You can get an external recorder like the zoom H1 later on
I figured out that budget is a thing so why don't you check Canon entry level DSLR like the 700D? It's within the range of the a6000 but with clumsy video implementation like you already know. You get a mic jack with this though
The deal here is budget and the a6000 is a budget champ
Re: I Have 450k For Camera. Video Is Only My Main Concern by IAmSkinny: 10:09pm On May 03, 2020
Henrymorre:
okay. One more question. Between Sony, Nikon, canon which do you think is better, much cheaper lense with everything I want and good for videos only?

Nikon and Canon actually have loads of cheap third party lenses from the 90s.

Sony has a lot of third party options too but albeit a bit more expensive.

Sony and Fuji beat Canikon (DSLR) silly when it comes to video.
See, there is no perfect camera out there. Cameras out there are just a bunch of compromise between money, features and speed.
You need to find what really works for you, your budget and make the ultimate compromise. You can't have a camera that does everything you want.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Have 450k For Camera. Video Is Only My Main Concern by CornOak(m): 10:51pm On May 03, 2020
IAmSkinny:

I see you did an extensive research on the the a6000.
The a6000 is actually a wonderful camera TBH but like you already know, it lacks mic and headphone jacks which is a huge turn off for me.
Budget wise, it's a steal for most of features you get. I would have recommended the a6300 but it maybe above your budget. Have you seen the new a6100?
If you are on a tight budget and audio quality is not a priority, please get the a6000 by all means. It's still a champ even after six years. Alternatively, You can get an external recorder like the zoom H1 later on
I figured out that budget is a thing so why don't you check Canon entry level DSLR like the 700D? It's within the range of the a6000 but with clumsy video implementation like you already know. You get a mic jack with this though
The deal here is budget and the a6000 is a budget champ

Thanks for the detailed response. Yes, I've been the A6100, but the price is double the price of A6000 with just a few improvements - nothing extraordinary.

I plan on getting better lenses with image stabilizing, ND/PL filters to improve output quality. But I'm still lost on the alternative solution for the lack of mic/headphone jack.

Nonetheless, I'll check out the 700D you suggested. Thank you again. smiley
Re: I Have 450k For Camera. Video Is Only My Main Concern by IAmSkinny: 12:26am On May 04, 2020
CornOak:

Thanks for the detailed response. Yes, I've been the A6100, but the price is double the price of A6000 with just a few improvements - nothing extraordinary.

I plan on getting better lenses with image stabilizing, ND/PL filters to improve output quality. But I'm still lost on the alternative solution for the lack of mic/headphone jack.

Nonetheless, I'll check out the 700D you suggested. Thank you again. smiley

I mentioned the zoom H1. It's an affordable external recorder. You should check out that alternative too.
Re: I Have 450k For Camera. Video Is Only My Main Concern by CornOak(m): 4:00am On May 04, 2020
IAmSkinny:

I mentioned the zoom H1. It's an affordable external recorder. You should check out that alternative too.

Oh, I'll do that. Thank you.
Re: I Have 450k For Camera. Video Is Only My Main Concern by Nobody: 8:15pm On May 04, 2020
Okay. So I just figured out that, spending so much for a high end camera doesn't really matter. Since I make movies my order of preference has been
Good story
Good Audio
Good visual effects
Then good image.
With all these I have made my mind to buy a very cheap camera, and just invest the rest on the lense and rig it up.
With all said, I have decided to settle with the Lumix g85.
Re: I Have 450k For Camera. Video Is Only My Main Concern by IAmSkinny: 11:29pm On May 06, 2020
CornOak:

Oh, I'll do that. Thank you.
Hey bro, somebody's got a very clean a6000 for 130k with kit lens. If you interested, holla at me.
Re: I Have 450k For Camera. Video Is Only My Main Concern by CornOak(m): 11:45pm On May 06, 2020
IAmSkinny:

Hey bro, somebody's got a very clean a6000 for 130k with kit lens. If you interested, holla at me.

Thank you boss.
Re: I Have 450k For Camera. Video Is Only My Main Concern by Nobody: 12:10pm On May 07, 2020
Thanks to everyone and IamSkinny. I finally got a Sony A7iii with sigma lense. Now I want to buy some rigs so I can rig it up. I want to look very professional so I can really get clients
Re: I Have 450k For Camera. Video Is Only My Main Concern by IAmSkinny: 9:42pm On May 07, 2020
Henrymorre:
Thanks to everyone and IamSkinny. I finally got a Sony A7iii with sigma lense. Now I want to buy some rigs so I can rig it up. I want to look very professional so I can really get clients

Guy you be MVP. How much did you get the body and lens.
God when oo

(1) (2) (Reply)

Please Rate My Drawing Of Eye Reflection / What Makes A Good TV AD? / Incredible Not-photoshopped Photographs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.