Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,134 members, 7,818,414 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:52 PM

Osun Records Third COVID-19 Death - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Osun Records Third COVID-19 Death (20495 Views)

Lagos Records One More COVID-19 Death / 63-Year-Old Man Dies Of Coronavirus In Lagos. The Seventh COVID-19 Death / Osun Records Six New Coronavirus Cases (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osun Records Third COVID-19 Death by Nobody: 1:07pm On May 02, 2020
Osun State Government on Saturday announced the death of another COVID-19 patient, taking the number of death linked to the disease to three in the last week.

Also, three health workers that had initially tested positive to the disease in the state have fully recovered.

The State’s Commissioner for Health, Dr. Rafiu Isamotu, in a statement, said the deceased in her late 60s died at the isolation centre in General Hospital, Asubiaro, Osogbo.

Isamotu also said COVID-19 index case in the state had been discharged after spending thirty-eight days in isolation.

He explained that the case had arrived in Osun State from the United Kingdom before being taken into the Isolation Centre, and subsequently to the care facility, where he received medical care for 38 days.

He was said to have tested negative twice for the virus.

He recalled that the health workers had last Wednesday, tested negative for COVID-19 but had to be subjected to a second round of tests, in line with the protocol of the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control, NCDC.

According to him, the State government received results of the index case and those of the health workers on Friday evening from the NCDC accredited Testing Centre, the African Centre of Excellence in Genomics of Infectious Diseases, Ede.

“With the development, the total number of active cases in the State is now eight.

“On a sad note, we lost a COVID-19 patient in her late 60s at our isolation centre in Osogbo. We pray God to grant her eternal rest and give her family the fortitude to bear the loss,” he said.

Isamotu urged frontline health workers to always use their Personal Protective Equipment, when discharging their duties and maintained that only accredited isolation and treatment centres in the State are allowed to attend to suspected COVID-19 patients.

https://punchng.com/osun-records-third-covid-19-death/

2 Likes

Re: Osun Records Third COVID-19 Death by Goldenheart(m): 2:01pm On May 02, 2020
Reinfection is quite possible embarassed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Records Third COVID-19 Death by salbis(m): 2:01pm On May 02, 2020
If a handshake goes beyond the elbow, it must be after something else. Like play, like play we don dey move up the ladder. May we have a better ending in Jesus name.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osun Records Third COVID-19 Death by ujampie: 2:02pm On May 02, 2020
Hmmmmmmm it shall soon end

1 Like

Re: Osun Records Third COVID-19 Death by Uyi168: 2:02pm On May 02, 2020
Nigeria politicians and government are already tired of the whole thing....
They weren't elected into office for disaster management and critical thinking...
All they wanna a do is loot and start traveling up and down... embarassed

70 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Osun Records Third COVID-19 Death by OBTMOS(m): 2:02pm On May 02, 2020
People have started dieing
Re: Osun Records Third COVID-19 Death by Bigajeff(m): 2:02pm On May 02, 2020
Take your school online now with all the basic school features. check https://learnester.com

1 Like

Re: Osun Records Third COVID-19 Death by nurez305(m): 2:02pm On May 02, 2020
See what our leader have cause us. Close border on time but they said NO until they brought it for us here angry

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osun Records Third COVID-19 Death by Nobody: 2:02pm On May 02, 2020
Hmmmmmm, this thing is taking life gradually
Re: Osun Records Third COVID-19 Death by seekier(m): 2:02pm On May 02, 2020
Haba! Must there be death everyday? I don't like this
Re: Osun Records Third COVID-19 Death by CelestineNelson: 2:02pm On May 02, 2020
Death news gradual becoming a usual news...don't get use to it. It is an ancient conspiracy against the inhabitant of the earth... it waqs not meant to be so from the beginning

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Records Third COVID-19 Death by Rochasewele(m): 2:02pm On May 02, 2020
Too bad
Re: Osun Records Third COVID-19 Death by drinkgarri: 2:02pm On May 02, 2020
May God protect us o....

2 Shares

Re: Osun Records Third COVID-19 Death by dapelua(m): 2:02pm On May 02, 2020
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm what can I say ooooooooo
Re: Osun Records Third COVID-19 Death by casdoruche: 2:02pm On May 02, 2020
People are dying
Some states like kano are covering it up
Some state like Lagos are confused
Some state are clueless
And the federal government is handicapped
If you don't believe in covid 19 in Nigeria but believed that it killed Abba Kyari well I won't blame your ignorance because that's what the government wants.
But I think now as it has always being is EVERY MAN FOR HIMSELF.
Fight for your life as you survive for your daily bread. Pray too since that is what most will do than wash their hands

Vala morgulis

3 Likes

Re: Osun Records Third COVID-19 Death by Nobody: 2:03pm On May 02, 2020
I Was Talking To Someone Recently..

I Said If You Have Enough To Feed Yourself For The Time Been And Your Loved One's, better Stay in Your Yard And Enjoy Life as it Is Now.

Now Lock down has Be Eased in Some Parts, No Social Distances in Markets, Transportation System Also..

3 Likes

Re: Osun Records Third COVID-19 Death by Belugaice1: 2:03pm On May 02, 2020
undecided and some people still think the virus isn't real

I know soon everybody will protest against stay at home and the 2rd level of confirm cases that will shake the world after the lockdown has be lifted

Soo sad I just pray we make it out alive

2 Likes

Re: Osun Records Third COVID-19 Death by masterP042(m): 2:03pm On May 02, 2020
The government has lost control of this covid 19. Ncdc are just fulfilling all righteousness by testing and releasing daily figures so it would seem as if they're working. The numbers will keep rising from now till it gets tired and die on its own. The people who survives at last will move on.. But as far as this virus and ncdc is concerned, it's just like quenching a raging fire with a bucket of water.. It's quite unfortunate. embarassed sad

6 Likes

Re: Osun Records Third COVID-19 Death by Kingpele(m): 2:03pm On May 02, 2020
Something's never change, close the borders and our Airspace on time they refused now people are dying cos of their incompetence but we hope the vaccine will work that just our hope for now and may God help us find the right vaccine for the sake of humanity
Re: Osun Records Third COVID-19 Death by Nobody: 2:03pm On May 02, 2020
shocked

Why are they now dying? I Tot majority were overcoming the virus in Nigeria? Are the health workers getting tired? Govt should do something about this deaths.
Re: Osun Records Third COVID-19 Death by dipopooo(m): 2:03pm On May 02, 2020
Na
Re: Osun Records Third COVID-19 Death by TreasureTayo(m): 2:04pm On May 02, 2020
HMMMMMMNNNNN... Na wah o
Re: Osun Records Third COVID-19 Death by GeoandSONSLTD: 2:04pm On May 02, 2020
Re: Osun Records Third COVID-19 Death by paulolee(m): 2:04pm On May 02, 2020
bad...d mortality rate keeps rising...i jus pray dt tinz change and a vaccine is discovered...GOD plsss we are tired of hearing the daily increse of affected and dead cases..jus dis morning i saw dt kano av climbed up d table topping lagos with d most new cases discovered...m yet to see or kno anybody infected with this virus doesn't mean dt am doubing dt its real...i jus hope its not politics or ways of looting dt dis figures are being inflated for bcoz i dont trust dt dollar man in kano after asking for $15billion...God knows best shaa

1 Like

Re: Osun Records Third COVID-19 Death by Olisaonyish(m): 2:04pm On May 02, 2020
Jesus Christ, and some folks are say it isn't real...come to sokoto and see them saying "corona no De kill Hausa man" some are still gathering in church and mosque. RIP TO the dead.

5 Likes

Re: Osun Records Third COVID-19 Death by Neef2018: 2:04pm On May 02, 2020
Sad. Meanwhile no one from Nigeria is traveling to any developed countries as far back as March but we still allow people to cofinue coming over here

5 Likes

Re: Osun Records Third COVID-19 Death by emazIng: 2:05pm On May 02, 2020
May God help us.

1 Like

Re: Osun Records Third COVID-19 Death by tonysunkan: 2:05pm On May 02, 2020
RIP to the dead.

Stay safe.

1 Like

Re: Osun Records Third COVID-19 Death by Nobody: 2:05pm On May 02, 2020
We will surely overcome this.there is no reason to fear.
GOD be merciful to your children.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Records Third COVID-19 Death by toffyz(m): 2:06pm On May 02, 2020
RIP

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gofundme Refunds Those Who Donated To #savemayowa Course / COVID-19 Update For September 14 2020 In Nigeria - (1,912 Tested) / How Many Of You Have Ever Experienced Sleep Paralysis?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.