Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,973 members, 7,817,865 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:32 PM

COVID19: Shouldn't Wearing Of Hand Gloves Be Made Mandatory As Well? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / COVID19: Shouldn't Wearing Of Hand Gloves Be Made Mandatory As Well? (395 Views)

Compulsory Wearing Of Face-Masks In Ondo: Akeredolu Engages Tailors / Lagos Govt Orders All Commercial Drivers, Conductors To Wear Masks, Gloves / Coronavirus: Pharmacy Accused Of Selling A Bottle Of Hand Sanitizer For N19,950 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

COVID19: Shouldn't Wearing Of Hand Gloves Be Made Mandatory As Well? by ayesco202(m): 4:56pm On May 02, 2020
In my opinion, one of the things to be included amongst other things in the prevention of COVID19 spread is the use of hand gloves.

Rubber disposable hand gloves are affordable and in my opinion should be used by all even as this lock down is partially lifted next week.

What do you think?

NB: I don't sell hand gloves.
Re: COVID19: Shouldn't Wearing Of Hand Gloves Be Made Mandatory As Well? by opeano(m): 5:00pm On May 02, 2020
I feel Hand Glove is even more important than the Mask

BTW...
Check out this Topic

https://www.nairaland.com/5831398/lockdown-knockout-excess-fat

Especially if you know anyone that will appreciate knowledge on losing weight naturally in 10days

2 Likes

Re: COVID19: Shouldn't Wearing Of Hand Gloves Be Made Mandatory As Well? by imam07: 5:08pm On May 02, 2020
ayesco202:
In my opinion, one of the things to be included amongst other things in the prevention of COVID19 spread is the use of hand gloves.

Rubber disposable hand gloves are affordable and in my opinion should be used by all even as this lock down is partially lifted next week.

What do you think?

NB: I don't sell hand gloves.
I can see u own a phermacy so that u can hike d price and sell to Nigerians. Is that what you phermacist discus in ur last meeting? Coro enter naija it turn to business
Re: COVID19: Shouldn't Wearing Of Hand Gloves Be Made Mandatory As Well? by KELVINXY: 5:25pm On May 02, 2020
YES,

why dont we all just wear full medical protective gear undecided with stethoscope around the neck lipsrsealed and infrared thermometer in one hand. embarassed

4 Likes

Re: COVID19: Shouldn't Wearing Of Hand Gloves Be Made Mandatory As Well? by ijayopi(m): 5:35pm On May 02, 2020
Supported even Lab coat should be considered.

If you like no begin practise how to wash your hand every 30mins.

2 Likes

Re: COVID19: Shouldn't Wearing Of Hand Gloves Be Made Mandatory As Well? by ayesco202(m): 8:10pm On May 02, 2020
imam07:
I can see u own a phermacy so that u can hike d price and sell to Nigerians. Is that what you phermacist discus in ur last meeting? Coro enter naija it turn to business
I don't own a pharmacy sir. With this lock down that is about to be lifted, I think there's a lot to be done in order to make sure we prevent further spread of this pandemic.

Washing of hands isn't enough preventive measure to me. Is it not Nigerians? How many times do you expect market women/bus conductors to wash their hands even as they engage in their daily transactions?

You won't feel comfortable touching your face with hand gloves on unlike when you're wearing none.

Don't you think this virus will spread faster through the exchange of currency?

I still maintain that compelling people, most especially traders, to wear hand gloves, even as they engage in daily transactions isn't a bad idea.
Re: COVID19: Shouldn't Wearing Of Hand Gloves Be Made Mandatory As Well? by ayesco202(m): 8:12pm On May 02, 2020
ijayopi:
Supported even Lab coat should be considered.

If you like no begin practise how to wash your hand every 30mins.
So you wash your hands every 30 minutes? Keep on deceiving yourself.
Re: COVID19: Shouldn't Wearing Of Hand Gloves Be Made Mandatory As Well? by ayesco202(m): 8:17pm On May 02, 2020
KELVINXY:
YES,

why dont we all just wear full medical protective gear undecided with stethoscope around the neck lipsrsealed and infrared thermometer in one hand. embarassed
Sir, could you please help highlight some of the disadvantages of putting on hand gloves as one the preventive measures against COVID19?
Re: COVID19: Shouldn't Wearing Of Hand Gloves Be Made Mandatory As Well? by Acidosis(m): 8:33pm On May 02, 2020
So long as the virus can stay and survive on those gloves, then it is pointless.

1 Like

Re: COVID19: Shouldn't Wearing Of Hand Gloves Be Made Mandatory As Well? by ayesco202(m): 8:57pm On May 02, 2020
Acidosis:

So long as the virus can stay and survive on those gloves, then it is pointless.

True, the virus can survive on those gloves but don't you think putting on gloves, would serve as a reminder that there something you're preventing unlike when you wear none?

So many people still do not know/believe the virus could be transmitted just by touching infected objects. This makes them feel reluctant washing their hands regularly. Some people think the virus flies in the air and all that. Compelling people to wear gloves automatically passes this message to them.
Re: COVID19: Shouldn't Wearing Of Hand Gloves Be Made Mandatory As Well? by Acidosis(m): 9:11pm On May 02, 2020
ayesco202:
True, the virus can survive on those gloves but don't you think putting on gloves, would serve as a reminder that there something you're preventing unlike when you wear none?

So many people still do not know/believe the virus could be transmitted just by touching infected objects. This makes them feel reluctant washing their hands regularly. Some people think the virus flies in the air and all that. Compelling people to wear gloves automatically passes this message to them.

I think nose masks will serve a better purpose. BTW, the use of disposable non reusable items can cause more havoc. A lot of Nigerians also won't be able to afford it. You also can't recommend it for market women because it serves no purpose at the end if buyers don't wear any.
Re: COVID19: Shouldn't Wearing Of Hand Gloves Be Made Mandatory As Well? by imam07: 7:51am On May 03, 2020
ayesco202:
I don't own a pharmacy sir. With this lock down that is about to be lifted, I think there's a lot to be done in order to make sure we prevent further spread of this pandemic.

Washing of hands isn't enough preventive measure to me. Is it not Nigerians? How many times do you expect market women/bus conductors to wash their hands even as they engage in their daily transactions?

You won't feel comfortable touching your face with hand gloves on unlike when you're wearing none.

Don't you think this virus will spread faster through the exchange of currency?

I still maintain that compelling people, most especially traders, to wear hand gloves, even as they engage in daily transactions isn't a bad idea.
I was just joking
Re: COVID19: Shouldn't Wearing Of Hand Gloves Be Made Mandatory As Well? by KELVINXY: 10:04am On May 04, 2020
ayesco202:
Sir, could you please help highlight some of the disadvantages of putting on hand gloves as one the preventive measures against COVID19?

did i say anything about hand gloves having disadvantages? undecided

but come to think of it
wearing those kits aint the issue,
but making sure it is properly disposed after usage will be the real problem in our society.
u remember what happened in Abba kyari`s burial? undecided

common sense hand gloves seems more reasonable to wear but u cant do without face mask too bcus on a daily we humans touch and rub our faces so many times.
so the best option here is to keep good personal hygiene and practice proper hand wash as directed by WHO and NCDC.

STAY SAFE.

(1) (Reply)

#covid19 Update: Nigeria Records New 170 Cases Making Total Of 2558 Cases / UAE, Madagascar, Other Countries With Possible Breakthrough Treatment 4 COVID19 / Real Causes And Treatment For Babies Vomiting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.