Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,440 members, 7,830,206 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:45 PM

Kaduna Records First COVID-19 Death - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Kaduna Records First COVID-19 Death (274 Views)

63-Year-Old Man Dies Of Coronavirus In Lagos. The Seventh COVID-19 Death / Kano State Records First COVID-19 Case / Coronavirus: Oyo State Records First Positive Case (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kaduna Records First COVID-19 Death by Officialhorlah(m): 4:58pm On May 02, 2020
Kaduna state has recorded its first death from COVID-19 pandemic out of the 35 cases recorded in the state so far. The state’s Commissioner for Health, Dr Amina
Baloni, said in a statement on Saturday that the
deceased male patient was one of the three
COVID-19 cases that were confirmed in the state on
Thursday, April the 30th. According to Dr Baloni, the deceased was a retired
civil servant with underlying medical conditions,
who concealed his recent travel to Kano when he
visited a public hospital and then a private hospital. The man was eventually admitted at the isolation
centre with respiratory distress where he died. Dr Baloni said the man’s family had been informed
of his demise and has since been buried according
to the burial protocol of the NCDC. As a result of the development, health officials in
the state are decontaminating the two hospitals
that the deceased visited, while workers who
attended to him have been isolated, as well as his
family members. The commissioner also announced that the testing
of 167 almajiri children from Kano for COVID-19
pandemic has been completed and their results are
being awaited. She, however, expressed concern that the number
of positive cases from this group may rise beyond
the 21 recorded before the completion of testing
for this category of persons. The commissioner appealed to citizens who suspect
that they have been exposed to Covid-19 to avoid
infecting others. Rather, they should follow the
safety protocol of isolating themselves at home and
contacting health officials. She said, “Concealing relevant information and
engaging in conduct that exposes others to the
risk of infection constitutes a danger to the
community and is regarded as wilful and reckless
endangerment of the well-being and lives of other
citizens. Such conduct contravenes the provisions of the Quarantine Orders and could lead to
prosecution. “The Ministry of Health wishes to remind the
general public of the importance of hand-washing,
personal hygiene, social distancing and the
avoidance of large gatherings in helping protect us
all from Covid-19. Residents should wear
facemasks when leaving their homes and should wash their hands when they return home”.
https://www.channelstv.com/2020/05/02/kaduna-records-first-covid-19-death-awaits-test-results-for-more-almajiri-children-from-kano/

Re: Kaduna Records First COVID-19 Death by opeano(m): 5:00pm On May 02, 2020
God have mercy on us with this COVID

BTW...
Check out this Topic

https://www.nairaland.com/5831398/lockdown-knockout-excess-fat

Especially if you know anyone that will appreciate knowledge on losing weight naturally in 10days
Re: Kaduna Records First COVID-19 Death by Investnow2017: 5:58pm On May 02, 2020
.....he concealed his recent travel to Kano..... And had visited several private hospitals. Is there any end to this wahala soon?

Now all those who attended to him in those private hospitals will have to be isolated, samples taken to be tested.

And tomorrow when the results are released someone will say "AUDIO, SCAM,I went to the testing centre it was not crowded. I live opposite NCDC office, I did not see anybody", blah, blah, blah.
Re: Kaduna Records First COVID-19 Death by Asabe4(f): 6:03pm On May 02, 2020
Investnow2017:
.....he concealed his recent travel to Kano..... And had visited several private hospitals. Is there any end to this wahala soon?

Now all those who attended to him in those private hospitals will have to be isolated, samples taken to be tested.

And tomorrow when the results are released someone will say "AUDIO, SCAM,I went to the testing centre it was not crowded. I live opposite NCDC office, I did not see anybody", blah, blah, blah.
It is crazy.. I really cannot understand why anyone would conceal such information. Is it wickedness or ignorance?

May his soul rest in peace.
Re: Kaduna Records First COVID-19 Death by Investnow2017: 6:06pm On May 02, 2020
Asabe4:
It is crazy.. I really cannot understand why anyone would conceal such information. Is it wickedness or ignorance?

May his soul rest in peace.

It is not ignorance or wickedness, I think it is stupidity. I feel for his family. Sad
Re: Kaduna Records First COVID-19 Death by CodeTemplar: 7:37pm On May 02, 2020
Could marijuana improve covid-19 survival chances? Me am tired of lamenting o.
Re: Kaduna Records First COVID-19 Death by ImmaculateJOE(m): 8:09pm On May 02, 2020
Kano be distributing the birus like Xavi of Barcelona..

Adamawa state index case was a journalist who came into the state from Kano.
Re: Kaduna Records First COVID-19 Death by Karlifate: 9:42pm On May 02, 2020
...he concealed his recent travel?
Self-deception at its peak.

(1) (Reply)

SA Covid Infections Pass 8000 - As 500,000 Cross Back Into Johannesburg / Scientist Discovers A Microbe That Stop Mosquitoes From Spreading Malaria / Drugs Lagos Coronavirus Patients Are Treated With Revealed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.