Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,734 members, 7,851,524 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 09:25 PM

My Lock-up Experience Today In Kano During This Lockdown. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / My Lock-up Experience Today In Kano During This Lockdown. (291 Views)

Today In History / Huge Python Killed Today In Igbogbo, Ikorudu, Lagos (Photos) / Snake Killed Today In My Neighbors Wardrobe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Lock-up Experience Today In Kano During This Lockdown. by Mubieee(m): 5:28pm On May 02, 2020
Well I will start like this, I went out today just to take a look @ what kano city looks like during the imposed two weeks lockdown by the president, and I was actually making a video record to show proof to my friends how kano citizens care not at all about the so called lockdown during this pandemic. And as I made my first short clip.... I noticed bussiness individuals were out. As I was approaching zoo road I met some security personnel (man o war probably) allowing people to move freely, so I passed and I got to zoo road nd began to make a second video clip. In this video was how people are moving freely on the highway and I could see an unlucky tricycle driver who was beign interrogated by these security personnel which I wasn't sure this time around weather were policemen or not.
A man saw me and asked- "youngman are u making a video? "
I smiled the other man said "maybe he is a journalist"
Note..... (Both of them where not on uniform).
Before I knew it this man began calling this security personnel whom I was now sure were policemen. They seized my phone, arrested me (although not a hard core arrest) and took me to the station. On our way I was busy explaining that I'm just a curious citizen who came out, nd I'm not a journalist neither am I recording them.
The next thing he said was "did u see me receiving bribe from anyone? "
This is not the end ohh.
Re: My Lock-up Experience Today In Kano During This Lockdown. by Mubieee(m): 5:29pm On May 02, 2020
MY LOCKUP EXPERIENCE TODAY IN KANO DURING THIS LOCKDOWN 2

Now I understood what the policemen where driving at.so when we got to the station, my case (so called crime) was passed to a policeman woman who then asked me if I was really making a video, I told her yes but I'm no journalist nd I'm not recording them on duty.
She then requested to see the video, ofcourse the have not even asked to see an evidence before arresting me.
Now I could quickly delete the video if I was guilty as the foolish policemen we're not watching me as I was unlocking my phone. But I decided not to cuz as far as I was concerned I have committed no crime rather than going out during the LOCKDOWN. After she had watched and listened to my speech in the video, she said to her colleague "I think he is just a curious lad surveying the city during the LOCKDOWN".
I then heard her say, "u know inspector sule he has issues"
They then spoke in low tones the. Finally she said "pls take him to inspector Suleiman ahbeg" as though she had no choice.
I was taken to a dark skinned dirty haggard inspector who was stinking as his office was.
After listening to the case, he watched the video too.... Now I knew they were up to something so I felt like deleting the video but I didn't want to get things more complicated, afterall I have my rights so let's see what they are up to.
He watched the video and saw nothing wrong too.... He then deleted the video.
Hmmmmm see me see wahala.
Re: My Lock-up Experience Today In Kano During This Lockdown. by Mubieee(m): 5:31pm On May 02, 2020
MY LOCKUP EXPERIENCE IN KANO TODAY DURING THE LOCKDOWN 3
(Live story, happened to Mubarak (buhari)).

He then passed,me to another ugly looking police officer who then collected my phone looked for the video then saw nothing. I told him his colleague had deleted the videos. They had no evidence that I was a spy or journalist.
I then told them I am a student in bayero university. They then DETAINED me in a small smelly CELL Where I met some rogue beigns who committed deadly crimes.
Well ill stop here, but my question is will corruption ever end in this country?
WHAT where the policemen scared of even if I was a journalist?
Its time for the youths of this country to stand up and also fight for power.
How can there be no corruption when the old corrupted ones still lead us?
If not for my own little connection these polimen would have accused me of something treacherous and would have wasted me if I seemed a threat to them.
these so called leader care not at all about us, imagine what I read on punch newspapers today. I was so shocked when I confirmed today that government care not at all about our education.
Well I can't express all what I went through today.
At least I'm home now.
Stay safe
#MUBIEEECARES
Re: My Lock-up Experience Today In Kano During This Lockdown. by BunbleBee: 5:47pm On May 02, 2020
Every damn system in Nigeria is corrupt. All the citizens but few as well are corrupt. The reason most people are angry is that corruption is not in their favour.

Only God can save us in Nigeria but then God doesn't change a people unless they have decided to change themselves.

1 Like

Re: My Lock-up Experience Today In Kano During This Lockdown. by jeffizy(m): 5:48pm On May 02, 2020
Welcome to Naijeriya.

Where the weak join the force to boost their ego and oppress their fellow neighbors.

The police force is a stinking pile of corrupted officers who will not bate an eyelid if you stand inbetween them and money as miserly as #20.

Their matter is beyond redemption.

1 Like

Re: My Lock-up Experience Today In Kano During This Lockdown. by NIJJAking(m): 5:58pm On May 02, 2020
last last how much did you bail yourself with , because from your narratives it is certain they were after getting money of you. You are still naive you have not understood nigerian policemen language, it is all about you settling them not to enter cell, you were busy speaking grammar.

1 Like

Re: My Lock-up Experience Today In Kano During This Lockdown. by adewumiopeyemi(m): 5:59pm On May 02, 2020
Why can’t summarise with a picture you expecting people to waste there data with this write up
Re: My Lock-up Experience Today In Kano During This Lockdown. by FatherBona: 6:11pm On May 02, 2020
[s]
adewumiopeyemi:
Why can’t summarise with a picture you expecting people to waste there data with this write up
[/s]
Save your data and your breath, his writeup was for brilliant minds alone

1 Like

Re: My Lock-up Experience Today In Kano During This Lockdown. by Nobody: 6:45pm On May 02, 2020
Here is a summary of OP and other Nigerian's case

If the corruption had favoured you. This thread wont be opened.

If the policemen after seeing u, drops 100k for you to delete the videos or images. We no go see this thread

So u see, corruption is in all system of government, ours is just too much, i agree

An american police was asked to follow a lead about a Mexican drug lord in America. And when he got there, the guy had fled and he saw wads of dollar bills. He took 3 bundles and left. He gave a situation report but left out the part of cash he took. CCTV camera caught him and he was jailed.

He didn't report the part of corruption that favoured him.

So OP relax. I feel ur frustration but its just so unfortunate we found ourselves in this country and crazy situation.

We shall get there someday. Hang in there

1 Like

Re: My Lock-up Experience Today In Kano During This Lockdown. by Mubieee(m): 8:58pm On May 02, 2020
Hmmmmm Strange but true brother
Re: My Lock-up Experience Today In Kano During This Lockdown. by Mubieee(m): 9:02pm On May 02, 2020
If only individuals could start by fixing themselves, I agree with those saying this thread was made cuz it wasn't in my favor.
Because the leaders and military personnel are all humans like us and they were once ordinary civilians like us.
But the question is, should we follow their footsteps?
If no one is willing to make a change no matter how little, how can we make this country a better place for the next generation?

(1) (Reply)

Gtbank, Zenith Bank Violate COVID-19 Social Distancing Orders / Open Nigerian Schools But Face The Risks- Simeon Sunday Fowowe Laments / Access Bank Staff Lay Off Continues Despite CBN Directive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.