Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,604 members, 7,816,501 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:09 PM

Huawei Watch GT 2 - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Huawei Watch GT 2 (5010 Views)

Huawei Watch GT Runner – Full Specifications, Features & Prices / Huawei Watch 2 4G LTE (LEO-DLXX) (china Version) / Huawei Mate 20, Mate 20 Pro, Mate 20 X, Watch GT And 3D Live Emoji: Everything (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Huawei Watch GT 2 by Lexusgs430: 6:20pm On May 02, 2020
Smartwatches lovers...... What's your take on the Huawei watch GT 2?

I am a lover of smartwatches, and own a few (or alot, depending on your side of the divide).....

Huawei really up'ed the ante and competition, with this device...

The crispy bright oled screen, 2 weeks battery life, and the general feel of this. Makes it my confusion....

The only downside for me is, it lacks 2 way interaction with messages. You can read messages, but not respond to them via the smartwatch......

You can receive calls via the GT2, so long as it's paired with your smartphone and the calls are crispy clear......

You can download music to the GT2 and pair your earbuds (which makes it a perfect walkout buddy).....

1 Like

Re: Huawei Watch GT 2 by dulux07(m): 6:27pm On May 02, 2020
Battery life and oled wink
Re: Huawei Watch GT 2 by Lexusgs430: 6:55pm On May 02, 2020
dulux07:
Battery life and oled wink

Huge positives...... Beats Samsung Galaxy watch, black & blue...........

2 Likes

Re: Huawei Watch GT 2 by sunshineV(f): 7:04pm On May 02, 2020
It's a beauty
Re: Huawei Watch GT 2 by Lexusgs430: 7:36pm On May 02, 2020
sunshineV:
It's a beauty

You can say that again.......
Re: Huawei Watch GT 2 by Lexusgs430: 7:42pm On May 02, 2020
People seem to complain about the lack of developers support and apps.....

All notifications can be pushed to the GT2. The preinstalled apps are good enough (my opinion)....

If i require 3rd party watchfaces or feel the need to use it, i would satisfy that curiosity with a Tizen device or Wear OS device.......
Re: Huawei Watch GT 2 by oloko1859(m): 9:18pm On May 02, 2020
I wanted to get this after my gear sport stopped working, but sadly it was above my budget so I settled for the Huawei watch 2 sport running wear os, but the battery of the GT2 is really impressive. Though I love Samsung gear because of the rotating bezel

1 Like

Re: Huawei Watch GT 2 by yuswrld20(m): 9:50pm On May 02, 2020
price pls
Re: Huawei Watch GT 2 by Lexusgs430: 10:07pm On May 02, 2020
oloko1859:
I wanted to get this after my gear sport stopped working, but sadly it was above my budget so I settled for the Huawei watch 2 sport running wear os, but the battery of the GT2 is really impressive. Though I love Samsung gear because of the rotating bezel

I own this Huawei watch 2 sport, the battery barely last 24 hours, so it's an everyday charging affair for this watch......

You would get bored of the rotational bezel in no time, i have not used the rotational bezel on my Galaxy watch in months.....

The GT2 is not as chunky as the Huawei watch 2 sport. It's much more slimmer and the strap does not feel clunky.....

Let's put it this way...... The GT2 feels like a Swedish model, massaging your wrist........ While the Huawei watch 2 sport, feels like receiving a massage from a beautiful sumo wrestler........ cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Huawei Watch GT 2 by oloko1859(m): 10:27pm On May 02, 2020
Lexusgs430:

I own this Huawei watch 2 sport, the battery barely last 24 hours, so it's an everyday charging affair for this watch......

You would get bored of the rotational bezel in no time, i have not used the rotational bezel on my Galaxy watch in months.....

The GT2 is not as chunky as the Huawei watch 2 sport. It's much more slimmer and the strap does not feel clunky.....

Let's put it this way...... The GT2 feels like a Swedish model, massaging your wrist........ While the Huawei watch 2 sport, feels like receiving a massage from a beautiful sumo wrestler........ cheesy

LOL, who wouldn't love a beautiful Swedish model. I was thinking of trying a Fossil after the Huawei watch 2 sport, but from your review I may eventually get the GT2 on a long run

I always thought the Samsung galaxy watch would be way better than the GT2 since I haven't owned one of it before and based on their price difference
Re: Huawei Watch GT 2 by Lexusgs430: 10:42pm On May 02, 2020
oloko1859:

LOL, who wouldn't love a beautiful Swedish model. I was thinking of trying a Fossil after the Huawei watch 2 sport, but from your review I may eventually get the GT2 on a long run

I always thought the Samsung galaxy watch would be way better than the GT2 since I haven't owned one of it before and based on their price difference

I have the fossil Gen 3, it's a beautiful smartwatch......

I own the rose gold version.... It's a watch for efizzy and owanbe........

It's achilles heel is also the battery and lack of sensors (gen 4 got sensors)...

The Samsung Galaxy is a beautiful watch and all round winner, but the GT2 tickles you in certain places, the Samsung cannot reach........ wink

The Samsung galaxy watch also strokes you in places, the GT2 failed to reach.... cheesy
Re: Huawei Watch GT 2 by oloko1859(m): 10:47pm On May 02, 2020
Lexusgs430:

I have the fossil Gen 3, it's a beautiful smartwatch......

I own the rose gold version.... It's a watch for efizzy and owanbe........

It's achilles heel is also the battery and lack of sensors (gen 4 got sensors)...

The Samsung Galaxy is a beautiful watch and all round winner, but the GT2 tickles you in certain places, the Samsung cannot reach........ wink

The Samsung galaxy watch also strokes you in places, the GT2 failed to reach.... cheesy

Oga sir, respect! I'll love to see your watch collection ooo. I learnt Fossil doesn't have a great batter generally, I wanted to get the Fossil sport for my fiancee but the battery reviews I watched weren't impressive
Re: Huawei Watch GT 2 by Lexusgs430: 10:52pm On May 02, 2020
oloko1859:

Oga sir, respect! I'll love to see your watch collection ooo. I learnt Fossil doesn't have a great batter generally, I wanted to get the Fossil sport for my fiancee but the battery reviews I watched weren't impressive

I already mentioned fossil's achilles heel battery issue...... It would serve you about 12 hours......

But it's a general problem with wear os, none of my wear os does not go without a charge everyday, when i use them.....

Galaxy watch would give you about 4/5 days (tizen)
GT 2 - 2 weeks (lite os)
Re: Huawei Watch GT 2 by Lexusgs430: 10:54pm On May 02, 2020
oloko1859:

I would post a random picture of all my smartwatches on parade, possibly tonight or tomorrow........ grin
Re: Huawei Watch GT 2 by Lexusgs430: 11:05pm On May 02, 2020
I think i am missing one or so........ wink

13 Likes

Re: Huawei Watch GT 2 by remi1444: 11:08pm On May 02, 2020
Lexusgs430:

I already mentioned fossil's achilles heel battery issue...... It would serve you about 12 hours......

But it's a general problem with wear os, none of my wear os does not go without a charge everyday, when i use them.....

Galaxy watch would give you about 4/5 days (tizen)
GT 2 - 2 weeks (lite os)
Even the Umidigi Uwatch 3?

smiley
Re: Huawei Watch GT 2 by remi1444: 11:10pm On May 02, 2020
Lexusgs430:
I think i am missing one or so........ wink

Floyd Mayweather!!

Boss what's with you with round face Smart watches, small boy like me, I prefer the square faced ones.

1 Like

Re: Huawei Watch GT 2 by Lexusgs430: 11:13pm On May 02, 2020
remi1444:

smiley

The Umdigi uwatch 3 either got lost in post or Umidigi never sent it.......

So i got refunded..........
Re: Huawei Watch GT 2 by Lexusgs430: 11:15pm On May 02, 2020
remi1444:
Floyd Mayweather!!

Boss what's with you with round face Smart watches, small boy like me, I prefer the square faced ones.

The Samsung gear smartwatch is square nah.......... grin
Re: Huawei Watch GT 2 by michlins(m): 11:16pm On May 02, 2020
Personally, I have always believed that watches should do its primary duty of time telling and nothing else.

But having used a phone with health tracking app, that opinion is changing and right now I want to explore the full potential of health tracking system and smartwatch seem like the best thing to do it.

Having said the above, you have got some impressive collection there

1 Like

Re: Huawei Watch GT 2 by Lexusgs430: 11:16pm On May 02, 2020
remi1444:

smiley

But this device is not wear os..... Possibly a funny form of java....... wink
Re: Huawei Watch GT 2 by Lexusgs430: 11:17pm On May 02, 2020
michlins:
Personally, I have always believed that watches should do its primary duty of time telling and nothing else.

But having used a phone with health tracking app, that opinion is changing and right now I want to explore the full potential of health tracking system and smartwatch seem like the best thing to do it.

It is God....... grin

1 Like

Re: Huawei Watch GT 2 by remi1444: 11:18pm On May 02, 2020
Lexusgs430:

The Umdigi uwatch 3 either got lost in post or Umidigi never sent it.......

So i got refunded..........
ohh.

That one, I've been using it as a dumb watch for one month and 2 weeks although some rare cases, I connect it with my phone and I've got 33% juice left.

BTW, I just checked for the price of this GT 2, the price I saw, I don't want to believe someone will spend that much on a SM.

embarassed
Re: Huawei Watch GT 2 by Lexusgs430: 11:21pm On May 02, 2020
michlins:

Dumbwatches are so 1990, why restrict your watches to only tell you time, date and seconds.....

When smartwatches would offer much more..........
Re: Huawei Watch GT 2 by remi1444: 11:22pm On May 02, 2020
Lexusgs430:

The Samsung gear smartwatch is square nah.......... grin
ohhh. I went back to recheck.
Re: Huawei Watch GT 2 by Lexusgs430: 11:24pm On May 02, 2020
remi1444:
ohh.

That one, I've been using it as a dumb watch for one month and 2 weeks although some rare cases, I connect it with my phone and I've got 33% juice left.

BTW, I just checked for the price of this GT 2, the price I saw, I don't want to believe someone will spend that much on a SM.

embarassed

Using the Umidigi Uwatch 3 as a dumbwatch, it should last about 30 days......

Better believe...... Na God........ grin

2 Likes

Re: Huawei Watch GT 2 by remi1444: 11:24pm On May 02, 2020
Lexusgs430:

But this device is not wear os..... Possibly a funny form of java....... wink
Uwatch 3 no fine, but him "wearer" like am.
Re: Huawei Watch GT 2 by Lexusgs430: 11:27pm On May 02, 2020
remi1444:
Uwatch 3 no fine, but him "wearer" like am.

Truly, monkey no fyn, but hin mama like am............ wink

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Huawei Watch GT 2 by michlins(m): 11:35pm On May 02, 2020
Lexusgs430:

Dumbwatches are so 1990, why restrict your watches to only tell you time, date and seconds.....

When smartwatches would offer much more..........
guess I'm stuck in the generation I was born into.

But alas, I'm becoming a new creature

1 Like

Re: Huawei Watch GT 2 by Lexusgs430: 11:37pm On May 02, 2020
michlins:
guess I'm stuck in the generation I was born into.

But alas, I'm becoming a new creature

Old things must become new........ wink
Re: Huawei Watch GT 2 by oloko1859(m): 1:34am On May 03, 2020
Lexusgs430:

I would post a random picture of all my smartwatches on parade, possibly tonight or tomorrow........ grin

Nice collection o, which watch has that gold face with a black leather
Re: Huawei Watch GT 2 by oloko1859(m): 1:41am On May 03, 2020
remi1444:
Floyd Mayweather!!

Funny enough, I like circular watch faces too. The only square faces I'll possibly like will be a police stainless steel watch

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Help!! Who Else Is Experiencing This Spontaneous Ads On Their Android Device(scr / Best Apps For Watching Live Football Matches Free In 2019 / Most Romantic Sms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.