Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,153 members, 7,811,313 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:58 AM

12 Effective Tips To Reduce Blog Page Load Time - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / 12 Effective Tips To Reduce Blog Page Load Time (504 Views)

Blog Page Design Needed / Please Who Can Help Me Link My Blog Page To A Domain Name? I'll pay the person / How To Increase A Website Page Load Speed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

12 Effective Tips To Reduce Blog Page Load Time by kutalian(m): 12:37pm On May 03, 2020
Reduce Blog loading time can dramatically impact your website ranking and conversion.

Google considers the website’s loading speed as a ranking factor and that is why it is important that we should work to reduce our website and blog loading time.

If you are on blogger you hardly notice any downtime and blog slow-downs but WordPress bloggers have one thing to worry about blog loading time.

So, in this post, I am sharing some tips and tricks to enhance your blog loading time.

Did you know that if an e-commerce site is making $100,000 per day, a delay of 1 second page load time can cost it a yearly loss of $2.5 million? Research also has it that 47% of the readers expect that the websites should load within 2 seconds while a delay of more than 3 seconds can make 40% of your readers to abandon your site.

So, here are some of the best ways to optimize blog loading time and get blazing fast blogs.

1. Remove unwanted plugins:
WordPress users have an advantage over blogger blogs due to the fact there are millions of plugins which help them do things they can never imagine doing on blogger or blogs. But sometimes advantages can be the reason of one’s undoing.

Many of us install way too many plugins that eat up a lot of our server resources and render our blog slow. Here are some tips you should keep in mind while using WordPress plugins:

Disable unwanted plugins: Try uninstalling plugins like blogger importer (if you have ever imported your blog from blogger to WordPress you tend to have forgotten to uninstall this), All in one favicon (try uploading the favicon into the theme), too many social share plugins, Pinterest pin it plugin (you can use the Shareaholic plugin that has a pin it buttons for images by default).
Use a single plugin doing the task that requires a bunch of plugins: Many of us use different plugins like one for sharing, one for creating a mobile version of our site and lots more. I suggest using the jetpack plugin to do them seamlessly. Another example is you can stop using separate analytics, sitemap and SEO plugins by using the Yoast plugin that has all these functionalities.
Blogging For Profit The Only GUIDE You’ll Ever need

2. Use a better host:
Self-hosted WordPress blogs have the advantage of choosing their own web host. When it comes to hosting your site you would never want to host on a server that is crappy with no or poor support.

For small size blogs, I recommend using Hostgator or Bluehost and Namecheap. But if you are looking for a professional hosting which can dramatically decrease your loading time, then I recommend you to go with TrafficPlanetHosting (This blog BloggerTipsTricks.com is also hosted on TPH).

Read More: https://bloggerclues.com/reduce-blog-page-load-time/blog-your-ways-to-recurring-income/

(1) (Reply)

New Version Of Naijaloaded Blogger Template - DOWNLOAD FREE / Post Sites That Have Traffic!! I Want To Place Adverts / SEO Writers Needed - I Will Pay

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.