Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,955 members, 7,828,364 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:47 AM

Nurses In Ogun Wear Polythene Bags To Treat Suspected COVID-19 Patient (Photo) - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nurses In Ogun Wear Polythene Bags To Treat Suspected COVID-19 Patient (Photo) (108914 Views)

Abuja Hospital In Search Of Relatives Of An Unconscious Accident Patient (Photo) / Area Boys Demand Settlement Before Evacuation Of Suspected COVID-19 Patients / Packaging Food In Polythene Bags Causes Cancer – NAFDAC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nurses In Ogun Wear Polythene Bags To Treat Suspected COVID-19 Patient (Photo) by 9jaRealist: 8:38pm On May 04, 2020
obi4eze:
What nonsense is this?

Why should they use biohazard bags as PPE if there is actually PPE?

Hazard allowances are useless if adequate PPE isn't provided. Personally I won't enter the ward if adequate PPE isn't provided.

This is one of the reasons why front line personnel got infected in Kano and other states.
fairfora:
Which alternative have you and the FG provided?

If FMC Abeokuta is NOT a designated Covid treatment facility, then it’s not surprising that these nurses would not have standard PPE which is in short supply across the world. However, substituting polythene would be dangerous to the extent that it provides a false sense of bio security.
>
Re: Nurses In Ogun Wear Polythene Bags To Treat Suspected COVID-19 Patient (Photo) by jeromedee: 8:39pm On May 04, 2020
Millennialaku:
shocked shocked shocked i thought they said this state has low poverty rate grin grin grin grin grin grin
What has poverty rate got to do with this? Too many idiots roaming Nairaland nowadays.

Here’s Health workers at NYC hospital wearing trash bags as protection due to shortage of PPE.

2 Likes

Re: Nurses In Ogun Wear Polythene Bags To Treat Suspected COVID-19 Patient (Photo) by rotadeco27: 8:39pm On May 04, 2020
obi4eze:

Front line medical personnel need the full PPE. Others don't
That is the mistake we are making. Who is more at risk? The people that have 1st contact with the patient and suspected the case is more at risk of exposure than the those who are on full kit of PPE having known it a suspected case.
We are shouting front line , that is why the rate of spread to health workers is increasingly alarming.
Everyone at the point of entry into the hospital ( Accident and emergency (A&E), Emergency paediatric Unit( EPU), Obstetrics and gynaecological emergency, ) should all be on Full PPE. Treat all patient as potential covid patient, if not we are all at increasing risk of infection

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nurses In Ogun Wear Polythene Bags To Treat Suspected COVID-19 Patient (Photo) by OriOko88(m): 8:40pm On May 04, 2020
aminulive:
POLITICSNIGERIA.COM EXCLUSIVE

SOURCE: https://politicsnigeria.com/exclusive-nigerian-nurses-wear-polythene-bags-to-treat-suspected-covid-19-patients/

This is totally unacceptable. This is no where near the recommended ppe. Africa is just a joke of a continent. Tell me how thses nurses won't contact corona when they handle any infected patient. Na God dey save Africa as.s. I swear.

1 Like

Re: Nurses In Ogun Wear Polythene Bags To Treat Suspected COVID-19 Patient (Photo) by 9jaRealist: 8:41pm On May 04, 2020
jeromedee:
What has poverty rate got to do with this? Too many idiots roaming Nairaland nowadays.

Here’s Health workers at NYC hospital wearing trash bags as protection due to shortage of PPE.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/11474610_8b2b6e606d7b4ee5abb34fa439a612ab_jpeg_jpeg57a9b256b300b3f0b3fa71d7913a16e8

Except they appear to be wearing standard PPE underneath the trash bags...
>
Re: Nurses In Ogun Wear Polythene Bags To Treat Suspected COVID-19 Patient (Photo) by UltimateSpice: 8:41pm On May 04, 2020
Is the situation as bad as that? Government should please do something about it.

Play safe.
Re: Nurses In Ogun Wear Polythene Bags To Treat Suspected COVID-19 Patient (Photo) by Nobody: 8:41pm On May 04, 2020
aminulive:
POLITICSNIGERIA.COM EXCLUSIVE

SOURCE: https://politicsnigeria.com/exclusive-nigerian-nurses-wear-polythene-bags-to-treat-suspected-covid-19-patients/

This is insane, I don't blame them, I blame our chaotic government, who can't mimick other countries health sector. It so pathetic that at the edge of thier lives they had to wear this because our erroneous government can't provided adequate health facilities. My question is where are all those money offer by good citizens of Nigeria in the name of help, assistant to the government. If today am to have money to give to the less privilege I won't dare to offer it to Nigeria government so terrible, this official still loot money that are to be use by to treat the great citizens of Nigeria. I pity for this nation and I pray God will see the less privileged individuals

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nurses In Ogun Wear Polythene Bags To Treat Suspected COVID-19 Patient (Photo) by Kdon2: 8:42pm On May 04, 2020
Officialgarri:
The French doctors suggested that vaccines should be tested in Africa and everyone was hauling insults at them......

Why didnt they test it in europe and america where the disease is really smashing them?

2 Likes

Re: Nurses In Ogun Wear Polythene Bags To Treat Suspected COVID-19 Patient (Photo) by Richy4(m): 8:43pm On May 04, 2020
If nurses were like this, why won't the patients abscond from treatment centres

1 Like

Re: Nurses In Ogun Wear Polythene Bags To Treat Suspected COVID-19 Patient (Photo) by bonnyhope: 8:44pm On May 04, 2020
Officialgarri:
The French doctors suggested that vaccines should be tested in Africa and everyone was hauling insults at them......

What is exactly your point?

2 Likes

Re: Nurses In Ogun Wear Polythene Bags To Treat Suspected COVID-19 Patient (Photo) by Nobody: 8:44pm On May 04, 2020
Kemistri4:

Sharap. Igbo people and jealousy

Our IGR is bigger than that of USA grin grin grin
after screaming big igr for nairaland na to log out go fight for 80 naira agege bread offline
Re: Nurses In Ogun Wear Polythene Bags To Treat Suspected COVID-19 Patient (Photo) by 9jaRealist: 8:45pm On May 04, 2020
gaius01:
This is insane, I don't blame them, I blame our chaotic government, who can't mimick other countries health sector. It so pathetic that at the edge of thier lives they had to wear this because our erroneous government can't provided adequate health facilities. My question is where are all those money offer by good citizens of Nigeria in the name of help, assistant to the government. If today am to have money to give to the less privilege I won't dare to offer it to Nigeria government so terrible, this official still loot money that are to be use by to treat the great citizens of Nigeria. I pity for this nation and I pray God will see the less privileged individuals
UltimateSpice:
Is the situation as bad as that? Government should please do something about it.

Play safe.
OriOko88:
This is totally unacceptable. This is no where near the recommended ppe. Africa is just a joke of a continent. Tell me how thses nurses won't contact corona when they handle any infected patient. Na God dey save Africa as.s. I swear.

If FMC Abeokuta is NOT a designated Covid treatment facility, then it’s not surprising that these nurses would not have standard PPE which is in short supply across the world. However, substituting polythene would be dangerous to the extent that it provides a false sense of bio security.
>
Re: Nurses In Ogun Wear Polythene Bags To Treat Suspected COVID-19 Patient (Photo) by nsiba: 8:46pm On May 04, 2020
Officialgarri:

Just give us your parents and siblings, add your cousins, aunts, uncles and ur village chief....no whahala bro

2 Likes

Re: Nurses In Ogun Wear Polythene Bags To Treat Suspected COVID-19 Patient (Photo) by 9jaRealist: 8:47pm On May 04, 2020
Richy4:
If nurses were like this, why won't the patients abscond from treatment centres

Because FMC Abeokuta is NOT a Covid treatment center...
>
Re: Nurses In Ogun Wear Polythene Bags To Treat Suspected COVID-19 Patient (Photo) by jeromedee: 8:47pm On May 04, 2020
9jaRealist:

Except they appears to be wearing standard PPE underneath the trash bags...
>
They weren’t wearing any PPE underneath, they improvised due to shortage and one of them died of Corona.
Re: Nurses In Ogun Wear Polythene Bags To Treat Suspected COVID-19 Patient (Photo) by Afrobaba: 8:48pm On May 04, 2020
wink smiley angry
Re: Nurses In Ogun Wear Polythene Bags To Treat Suspected COVID-19 Patient (Photo) by Richy4(m): 8:49pm On May 04, 2020
jeromedee:

Did you see the difference between those two pictures? Did u see part of the body of the Nigerian health workers? Did you see any part of your NYC health workers body exposed.. please take a look at it again and tell us what you think

1 Like

Re: Nurses In Ogun Wear Polythene Bags To Treat Suspected COVID-19 Patient (Photo) by Nobody: 8:50pm On May 04, 2020
Evidence of a failed government
Re: Nurses In Ogun Wear Polythene Bags To Treat Suspected COVID-19 Patient (Photo) by Nobody: 8:51pm On May 04, 2020
9jaRealist:

>

You are correct Sir
Let me say, of the hospital is responsible then in general the county is responsible to since they are fighting one same pandemic
Re: Nurses In Ogun Wear Polythene Bags To Treat Suspected COVID-19 Patient (Photo) by Nobody: 8:53pm On May 04, 2020
Officialgarri:

So the vaccines should be tested in Africa because frontline nurses don't have enough protective equipment? Clap for yourself

2 Likes

Re: Nurses In Ogun Wear Polythene Bags To Treat Suspected COVID-19 Patient (Photo) by 9jaRealist: 8:53pm On May 04, 2020
rotadeco27:
That is the mistake we are making. Who is more at risk? The people that have 1st contact with the patient and suspected the case is more at risk of exposure than the those who are on full kit of PPE having known it a suspected case.
We are shouting front line , that is why the rate of spread to health workers is increasingly alarming.
Everyone at the point of entry into the hospital ( Accident and emergency (A&E), Emergency paediatric Unit( EPU), Obstetrics and gynaecological emergency, ) should all be on Full PPE. Treat all patient as potential covid patient, if not we are all at increasing risk of infection

Ideally, but not practicable given the worldwide shortage of PPE...
>
Re: Nurses In Ogun Wear Polythene Bags To Treat Suspected COVID-19 Patient (Photo) by 9jaRealist: 8:54pm On May 04, 2020
Someone7:
So the vaccines should be tested in Africa because frontline nurses don't have enough protective equipment? Clap for yourself

grin grin grin

That was a head scratcher....
>
Re: Nurses In Ogun Wear Polythene Bags To Treat Suspected COVID-19 Patient (Photo) by Richy4(m): 8:57pm On May 04, 2020
9jaRealist:

Because FMC Abeokuta is NOT a Covid treatment center...
>

Every health facilities is taking a precaution now. Covid-19 treatment centre or not.. a lot of patients shows the symptoms In a normal hospital.if the staffs were not wearing the proper kits, u can imagine
Re: Nurses In Ogun Wear Polythene Bags To Treat Suspected COVID-19 Patient (Photo) by edrys(m): 8:58pm On May 04, 2020
gaby:
Nothing new.

Even the so-called super and world powers had it this, and more bad at some point during this Covid fight.

No be everything una go dey look for how to insult Nigeria.

Abegii

We are not yet distressed to get to this point. What now happens when we have full blown pandemic on ground?
Re: Nurses In Ogun Wear Polythene Bags To Treat Suspected COVID-19 Patient (Photo) by Nobody: 8:58pm On May 04, 2020
Officialgarri:
[s]The French doctors suggested that vaccines should be tested in Africa and everyone was hauling insults at them[/s]......

Self hate and mental slavery on display.
Your grandchildren would be ashamed of this post, forever.
Gosh!
This post has chased me off the thread.

2 Likes

Re: Nurses In Ogun Wear Polythene Bags To Treat Suspected COVID-19 Patient (Photo) by Makuos19: 9:01pm On May 04, 2020
Eulalia:
It is called improvising. grin
Lol
Re: Nurses In Ogun Wear Polythene Bags To Treat Suspected COVID-19 Patient (Photo) by yommen: 9:02pm On May 04, 2020
Officialgarri:

Let them start with your family now.

1 Like

Re: Nurses In Ogun Wear Polythene Bags To Treat Suspected COVID-19 Patient (Photo) by 9jaRealist: 9:02pm On May 04, 2020
Richy4:
Every health facilities is taking a precaution now. Covid-19 treatment centre or not.. a lot of patients shows the symptoms I'm a normal hospital.if the staffs were not wearing the proper kits, u can imagine

Which they should...

But this is not why Covid patients escape from Covid treatment centers...
As the personnel in the designated Covid treatment facilities have standard PPE.

The only rational explanation for such escapes is IGNORANCE AND STUPIDITY!
>
Re: Nurses In Ogun Wear Polythene Bags To Treat Suspected COVID-19 Patient (Photo) by Nobody: 9:03pm On May 04, 2020
Re: Nurses In Ogun Wear Polythene Bags To Treat Suspected COVID-19 Patient (Photo) by Nobody: 9:04pm On May 04, 2020
9jaRealist:

grin grin grin

That was a head scratcher....
>

The comment no make sense at all. grin

Folks who rush to comment without thinking

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Coronavirus: First Patients Injected In UK Vaccine Trial / Benefits Of African Black Soap / Indonesian Teenager Impaled By Needlefish That Jumped Out Of Water (Graphic Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.