Stats: 3,156,816 members, 7,831,653 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 11:53 PM

Covid-19: Why Do Some Patients Run Away From Isolation Centres? - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Covid-19: Why Do Some Patients Run Away From Isolation Centres? (22069 Views)

Chinese Doctors Have Started Working In Isolation Centres –Lai Mohammed / Abia Isolation Centres In Poor State – Resident Doctors / FG Converts NYSC Camps, Stadia To Coronavirus Isolation Centres (2) (3) (4)

Re: Covid-19: Why Do Some Patients Run Away From Isolation Centres? by Jaqenhghar: 4:03pm On May 08, 2020
sholarr12:
It's been reported several times that some Covid-19 patients ran away from isolation centres and I really find this surprising.

Why do I find it surprising? I do because a patient who runs away risks lack of proper medical care.

Once again, why would a Covid-19 patient run away?
If they were given proper medical care they wont be running away in the fisrt place.
Re: Covid-19: Why Do Some Patients Run Away From Isolation Centres? by Nobody: 4:33pm On May 08, 2020
Ihatefeminist:
chop knuckle gee grin you know whats happening wink
Gbam !
I have yet to see photo or video of operational treatment or isolation centre. It's likely more of a detention. centre holding people against their will, than a medical facility. I imagine detainees would be denied use of their phones whilst there many if not most may become unwell and die there.
Re: Covid-19: Why Do Some Patients Run Away From Isolation Centres? by onadana: 4:41pm On May 08, 2020
Krak:
The condition of many so called isolation houses is deplorable.

Some of them are no different from poultry houses.

That is a very silly excuse.Have you visited any of the isolation centres.How does running away keep them alive?
Re: Covid-19: Why Do Some Patients Run Away From Isolation Centres? by Nobody: 4:41pm On May 08, 2020
You don chop naija prison beans before? It’s enough to make you run from here to Cotonou if you get the chance.
Re: Covid-19: Why Do Some Patients Run Away From Isolation Centres? by alphaRego01(m): 4:42pm On May 08, 2020
No wifi and olosho.zoo republic
Re: Covid-19: Why Do Some Patients Run Away From Isolation Centres? by Ndubuisipaul1: 4:50pm On May 08, 2020
Exc2000:

I personaly hate anything hospitals, I don't even visit sick relatives until they return home, I hate the smell, the uniform, the drugs, the sad faces.. I fvcking hate everything... so as I am I might be tempted to run... rather than spend a whole 14 days in that place

You prefer death than getting medical help, your case is spiritual
Re: Covid-19: Why Do Some Patients Run Away From Isolation Centres? by psychologist(m): 4:51pm On May 08, 2020
The sole problem is stigmatization from the society even the government...

First of all, the name isolation center is that alone not scary? Why not give it another name like recovery center, just like Nigeria prison to correctional center..

The picture and average man have of isolation center is a place u are set out only with other sick people waiting for their death day.
Re: Covid-19: Why Do Some Patients Run Away From Isolation Centres? by Kimply: 5:25pm On May 08, 2020
Ijaya123:
There is a reason why they are called isolation centre. The conditions there are totally different from an hospital ward.

No visitors allowed, they are just by themselves. Only medical personnel twice in a day. Seems like they are being neglected but that’s the way it is run.

Meanwhile, check out these Public Awareness creative designs on Covid-19
Feed them and give them drugs also to keep them there. They won't want to starve to death or been neglected without proper treatment, yet you keep isolating them.
Re: Covid-19: Why Do Some Patients Run Away From Isolation Centres? by owatech: 5:27pm On May 08, 2020
see you don't have anything to offer
Re: Covid-19: Why Do Some Patients Run Away From Isolation Centres? by SirWarlock: 5:29pm On May 08, 2020
TruthSpeaker:
Truth be told, a large percentage of COVID-19 patients don’t even require hospitalization to recover. It is just people that develop complications that should go to the hospital. Protocol in most countries recommend a stay at home order for COVID-19 patients.
The core aim of isolation centers as the name indicates is to isolate the patients to prevent them limit their spreading of the disease to a minimal level. Of course while at the isolation centers, they receive medical attention.

I guess people absconding from isolation center do it because of boredom, the inadequate state of the centers, wanting to reunite with their family, food deficiency at the isolation center etc.
In the country I live, COVID-19 patients are instructed to stay at home and do their consultations through telephone. When things get worse, they are then taken to the hospital with an ambulance. Sick people that violate the stay at home order could be charged to court for terrorism and if convicted they could be jailed 5 years.
That can't work here. Unless they keep you in your house and forcefully quarantine it grin. With time maybe they might consider it here if they run out of beds

Re: Covid-19: Why Do Some Patients Run Away From Isolation Centres? by TruthSpeaker: 6:16pm On May 08, 2020
SirWarlock:
That can't work here. Unless they keep you in your house and forcefully quarantine it grin. With time maybe they might consider it here if they run out of beds

Hahaha, stubbornness and wickedness are both responsible for it not to be feasible in Nigeria.
Re: Covid-19: Why Do Some Patients Run Away From Isolation Centres? by Exc2000: 6:36pm On May 08, 2020
Ndubuisipaul1:

You prefer death than getting medical help, your case is spiritual

my statement is clear... you interpretation shows the darkness in you
Re: Covid-19: Why Do Some Patients Run Away From Isolation Centres? by Brenn594(m): 7:04pm On May 08, 2020
Why shouldn't the run away? Who wants to bcome a figure for NCDC?
Re: Covid-19: Why Do Some Patients Run Away From Isolation Centres? by Dollabiz: 7:04pm On May 08, 2020
Once they detect it all scam they only put them to bed without care and collect millions for treating nothing . Thanks for nothing .Nigerians should wake up from slumber
Re: Covid-19: Why Do Some Patients Run Away From Isolation Centres? by Mikymiky0(f): 7:06pm On May 08, 2020
Self medication
Re: Covid-19: Why Do Some Patients Run Away From Isolation Centres? by mechanics(m): 7:11pm On May 08, 2020
Tissaia:
Fear of the unknown
hahahahha, not at all.
Re: Covid-19: Why Do Some Patients Run Away From Isolation Centres? by mechanics(m): 7:12pm On May 08, 2020
Lack of proper care like the other man who was complaining that his daughter was not attended to for like days.
Re: Covid-19: Why Do Some Patients Run Away From Isolation Centres? by Eniolakiite(f): 8:00pm On May 08, 2020
On point. And I tell you many Nigerians have this virus but won't voice out because of stigma. They will rather stay at home. Nigerians stigmatize and some people if they catch the virus are okay with not letting anyone know cause they don't want stigma even after recovery. Ordinary face mask that a friend wore, they started calling her Coro babe and running away from her.

Nigeria is in serious problem if this virus keeps spreading. Prayers won't do nothing if people refuse to have sense and for Nigeria, it's too late to have sense.

psychologist:
The sole problem is stigmatization from the society even the government...

First of all, the name isolation center is that alone not scary? Why not give it another name like recovery center, just like Nigeria prison to correctional center..

The picture and average man have of isolation center is a place u are set out only with other sick people waiting for their death day.

Re: Covid-19: Why Do Some Patients Run Away From Isolation Centres? by GraphicDesigner(f): 8:01pm On May 08, 2020
Their evil plans wnt work on us. Be wise, covid is real, use ur nose mask only when in a crowded area, wash ur hands buh dnt cover dem. Expose dem so beneficial bacterial can work good on u, dnt stay permanently indoors, come out, take a walk so Dat air and good weather can give u life.... Do exercises... Stay safe.
Re: Covid-19: Why Do Some Patients Run Away From Isolation Centres? by Ijaya123: 8:01pm On May 08, 2020
Kimply:

Feed them and give them drugs also to keep them there. They won't want to starve to death or been neglected without proper treatment, yet you keep isolating them.

They fed and given medications as at when due.
Re: Covid-19: Why Do Some Patients Run Away From Isolation Centres? by Carbon20(m): 8:39pm On May 08, 2020
Once they realise that its all false, they have to find theirs way oh. Cos most of the persons that are said to be positive, were never positive
Re: Covid-19: Why Do Some Patients Run Away From Isolation Centres? by JuanDeDios: 10:01pm On May 08, 2020
ddippset:
I think it's mostly bad conditions and stigma.

Nigerians can stigmatize people ehn.

By the time such people recover and return home don't be surprised that your neighbours would treat you like outcasts despite your recovery.

They will be looking at you somehow when you are passing and even tell their children not to play with yours.

Even after 2 years!
Stigma, yes. Last for two years, no. They'd soon forget.
Re: Covid-19: Why Do Some Patients Run Away From Isolation Centres? by DedeNkem: 12:44am On May 09, 2020
Due to poor conditions of the place.
Re: Covid-19: Why Do Some Patients Run Away From Isolation Centres? by Eunetmoi(f): 1:45am On May 09, 2020
What concerns a hungry man with low carb diet? Take the drama that happened at a Northern isolation centre days back for instance, do you expect the uncared for people to stay there and die of hunger before coro? grin
Re: Covid-19: Why Do Some Patients Run Away From Isolation Centres? by Montlab25: 2:19am On May 09, 2020
mployer:
Some know deep down they don't have the virus.

If you are used to malaria symptoms and hoping a hospital will give you antimalarial injections, then suddenly they said it is covid19. Won't you japa?

It's the best option. Untreated malaria will kill, and the person will be recorded among covid19 deads.

That is why NCDC removed hydroxylchloroquine as a treatments drug, so that malaria fatality will recorded as covid19 fatality. Evil people.

Another one! SMH
Re: Covid-19: Why Do Some Patients Run Away From Isolation Centres? by Nobody: 5:33am On May 09, 2020
Ijaya123:
There is a reason why they are called isolation centre. The conditions there are totally different from an hospital ward.

No visitors allowed, they are just by themselves. Only medical personnel twice in a day. Seems like they are being neglected but that’s the way it is run.

Meanwhile, check out these Public Awareness creative designs on Covid-19

Very creative and informative
Re: Covid-19: Why Do Some Patients Run Away From Isolation Centres? by Nobody: 5:34am On May 09, 2020
GraphicDesigner:
Their evil plans wnt work on us. Be wise, covid is real, use ur nose mask only when in a crowded area, wash ur hands buh dnt cover dem. Expose dem so beneficial bacterial can work good on u, dnt stay permanently indoors, come out, take a walk so Dat air and good weather can give u life.... Do exercises... Stay safe.

I dont understand ma.
Re: Covid-19: Why Do Some Patients Run Away From Isolation Centres? by nairamaniac: 8:33am On May 09, 2020
Exc2000:

I personaly hate anything hospitals, I don't even visit sick relatives until they return home, I hate the smell, the uniform, the drugs, the sad faces.. I fvcking hate everything... so as I am I might be tempted to run... rather than spend a whole 14 days in that place

I'm sure u would prefar the smell of cemetery.

Re: Covid-19: Why Do Some Patients Run Away From Isolation Centres? by Exc2000: 8:35am On May 09, 2020
nairamaniac:

I'm sure u would prefar the smell of cemetery.

too many fear fear niggas... I don't do hospitals and I don't do cemetery... and my immunity dey strong gidigba ...

Re: Covid-19: Why Do Some Patients Run Away From Isolation Centres? by Ijaya123: 8:51am On May 09, 2020
Ohemababy:

Very creative and informative

Thank you.
Re: Covid-19: Why Do Some Patients Run Away From Isolation Centres? by nairamaniac: 10:03am On May 09, 2020
Exc2000:

too many fear fear niggas... I don't do hospitals and I don't do cemetery... and my immunity dey strong gidigba ...

Hahhaahhahahha

Nothing do u.

Wishing you long life, filled with Prosperity.
Amen!
Re: Covid-19: Why Do Some Patients Run Away From Isolation Centres? by Exc2000: 10:04am On May 09, 2020
nairamaniac:

Hahhaahhahahha

Nothing do u.

Wishing you long life, filled with Prosperity.
Amen!

amin.. and you to brother

Increase Your Sperm Count,libido And End Prostate Enlargement / Guy Sustains Injury After A Drink-Drive Fatal Accident (Graphic Pics) / COVID19: 1 In 5 People With Respiratory Symptoms In Lagos Positive– Commissioner