Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,415 members, 7,822,933 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:47 PM

My 1 Year Old Child Hasnt Started Walking. Should I Be Worried? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My 1 Year Old Child Hasnt Started Walking. Should I Be Worried? (1434 Views)

How Did You Feel When Your Baby Started Walking? / Her Parents Sponsored Our Wedding, Should I Be Worried. / We Confessed To Each Other, Should I Be Worried? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My 1 Year Old Child Hasnt Started Walking. Should I Be Worried? by AssistntBoyfrnd(m): 10:21am On May 07, 2020
Dear Nairalanders.

My baby girl will be 1 year and 1 month in 2 days time and she hasn't started walking yet.

Whenever we try to help her with a walker or anything, she keeps crying.

Should i be worried or its normal.

Our first girl walked at 11 months, just 29 days to her birthday.

PS: She can stand and hold the chair or any object and be walking/leaning on it, but the thought of her standing on her own, she starts crying when we try to help her walk.

1 Like

Re: My 1 Year Old Child Hasnt Started Walking. Should I Be Worried? by Jamesbiodun(m): 10:24am On May 07, 2020
She is afraid though, she will soon walk

4 Likes

Re: My 1 Year Old Child Hasnt Started Walking. Should I Be Worried? by dulux07(m): 10:30am On May 07, 2020
Don't overlook it, take her to the pediatrician just to be sure nothing is wrong.

1 Like

Re: My 1 Year Old Child Hasnt Started Walking. Should I Be Worried? by Kestolove(m): 10:30am On May 07, 2020
Na fear, she go soon Waka, my bro wife daughter started walking at 1yr 2months with some days sef
Re: My 1 Year Old Child Hasnt Started Walking. Should I Be Worried? by Nobody: 10:34am On May 07, 2020
It's too early for you to panic.

2 Likes

Re: My 1 Year Old Child Hasnt Started Walking. Should I Be Worried? by Born2Breed(f): 10:41am On May 07, 2020
AssistntBoyfrnd:
Dear Nairalanders.

My baby girl will be 1 year and 1 month in 2 days time and she hasn't started walking yet.

PS: She can stand and hold the chair or any object and be walking/leaning on it, but the thought of her standing on her own, she starts crying when we try to help her walk.

She is just scared hence the cry.

So have no fear,your little angel will walk in no time.

1 Like

Re: My 1 Year Old Child Hasnt Started Walking. Should I Be Worried? by Mindlog: 10:44am On May 07, 2020
Since you said she can stand and hold the chair or any object and be walking/leaning on it then rickets is ruled out as the probable cause. I will advise you to have her favourite music played then you, the mum and the sister dance to it in the middle of the room with no object around, she would want to join and the brain would gradually pass the message to her legs that it is okay to move away from the object of support, it is a gradual process but consistency is very important.

It is not yet a thing of concern and do note that siblings' developmental milestones will not be the same as each child is unique.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My 1 Year Old Child Hasnt Started Walking. Should I Be Worried? by TiffanyJ(f): 11:49am On May 07, 2020
Abeg leave that child alone, madam. She will walk at her own time, don't just try to force her. Children are not same and so you shouldn't expect her to do what another child is doing or what another child did.
Don't forget, some children get to their milestone early and others are late. Please be guided and don't worry yourself unnecessarily.
My baby is six months old without a single tooth but I saw another baby of less than 6months with two teeth.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My 1 Year Old Child Hasnt Started Walking. Should I Be Worried? by Saintmary(f): 12:48pm On May 07, 2020
Stop carrying her every time, let her play with lots of safe toys and leave her to her natural instincts. Only watch over her for safety's sake. No two children are alike and I hope you won't compare them over time.

2 Likes

Re: My 1 Year Old Child Hasnt Started Walking. Should I Be Worried? by Memberclub(m): 12:57pm On May 07, 2020
lol
Re: My 1 Year Old Child Hasnt Started Walking. Should I Be Worried? by veave(f): 12:59pm On May 07, 2020
She will walk. No pressures woman.

My mom said I was her laziest child, others started walking at 7months while I did at 1.3 months. Now I'm the Ajala wakadugbe of the clan.

7 Likes

Re: My 1 Year Old Child Hasnt Started Walking. Should I Be Worried? by Lamanii22(f): 1:00pm On May 07, 2020
She'd walk soon... My niece delayed in walking too... She didn't walk until she was a year and 3months... But she could stand, talk, walk around if you hold her hands... She surprised everyone when she started walking, we all jumped for joy... She screamed happily too...

7 Likes

Re: My 1 Year Old Child Hasnt Started Walking. Should I Be Worried? by yvelchstores(f): 2:06pm On May 07, 2020
Officially, you should be concerned after 18 months, that's one year six months. So relax. She is fine.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My 1 Year Old Child Hasnt Started Walking. Should I Be Worried? by flam5: 4:46pm On May 07, 2020
Relax bro, your daughter is only taking her time. It takes 18months to be worried. I can understand your concern, it's normal. Going forward, don't force her to walk as you will be scaring her. You can help her by keeping a distance of maybe 1meter from her holding her favorite object. Call her to come get it. Any move she makes in the process, always appreciate her by clapping. Hope it helps!

1 Like

Re: My 1 Year Old Child Hasnt Started Walking. Should I Be Worried? by selingel: 4:58pm On May 07, 2020
That child will walk. My neighbor's child walked exactly on 15th months.

2 Likes

Re: My 1 Year Old Child Hasnt Started Walking. Should I Be Worried? by moonberry: 5:06pm On May 07, 2020
If she has been able to attain all other milestones, aside this then you have nothing to worry about. just get a good cartoon that will interest her and get her elder one involved too. it'd be fun and before you know it she will start practicing one her own.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My 1 Year Old Child Hasnt Started Walking. Should I Be Worried? by LadySarah: 5:52pm On May 07, 2020
Until 18 mths you dhouldnt be worried.Every child's development differs.
Re: My 1 Year Old Child Hasnt Started Walking. Should I Be Worried? by lilyheaven: 6:31pm On May 07, 2020

1 Like

Re: My 1 Year Old Child Hasnt Started Walking. Should I Be Worried? by Aleora(f): 7:12pm On May 07, 2020
AssistntBoyfrnd:
Dear Nairalanders.

nothing is wrong with her,she will walk eventually,my mum said I walked 7 months,my younger sister walked 1 year and 7 months,my Lil cousin walked 1 year and 4 months...so don't worry she will...
Re: My 1 Year Old Child Hasnt Started Walking. Should I Be Worried? by Amazing007(m): 8:39pm On May 07, 2020
We all grow @ diffrent rate , & thats ok

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My 1 Year Old Child Hasnt Started Walking. Should I Be Worried? by Jesuisbelle(f): 9:03am On May 08, 2020
There's no cause for alarm when the right time comes your child will walk
Re: My 1 Year Old Child Hasnt Started Walking. Should I Be Worried? by LadySarah: 10:12am On May 08, 2020
lilyheaven:
She will walk soon, don't allow anyone to carry her again, except to feed and bath.
My first son walked at seven months,
My second son was so scared even to sit down.
I was so angry with him, I stopped caring him, he Would cry and sleep off on the floor, I just bought a big mat for him. I bought calcium for him. Finally he stepped out at 10 months.

You were angry with a child that hadn't walked at ten mths? To what end. To gain accolades or announce it to the world abi wetin? Where is he rushing to?

Something must be wrong with you.

4 Likes

Re: My 1 Year Old Child Hasnt Started Walking. Should I Be Worried? by Houseofglam7(f): 10:13am On May 08, 2020
Give it time.....no cause for alarm just yet.
Re: My 1 Year Old Child Hasnt Started Walking. Should I Be Worried? by chii8(f): 10:21am On May 08, 2020
None of my four kids walked at their first birthday.They walked between a year 1month and a year 3months.There's a particular child of mine that didn't walk when he was almost clocking a year 3months,we booked an appointment with a doctor,on D-Day, the child started walking, I mean he was seriously walking,we had to cancel the appointment.

1 Like

Re: My 1 Year Old Child Hasnt Started Walking. Should I Be Worried? by lilyheaven: 12:10pm On May 08, 2020
LadySarah:

You were angry with a child that hadn't walked at ten mths? To what end. To gain accolades or announce it to the world abi wetin? Where is he rushing to?

Something must be wrong with you.
You are looking for who to exchange words with.
I have told her what I did, you can also tell her what to do.
Your speech is infectious angry
Re: My 1 Year Old Child Hasnt Started Walking. Should I Be Worried? by frozen70(f): 1:46pm On May 08, 2020
AssistntBoyfrnd:
Dear Nairalanders.

Every child develops at his or her speed

Pls don't force her to walk because her body is not yet set properly so that her pelvic and hip bone will not be affected because of premature walking

For the fact that she can connect objects and move around shows that she is a health child
Re: My 1 Year Old Child Hasnt Started Walking. Should I Be Worried? by Aurelius1(m): 5:01pm On May 08, 2020
There's this little boy in my hood who walked at 6 months. He was running when he was 7 months.

(1) (Reply)

We Build And Sell Solar Power Lighting Kits And Generators / What I Went Through For Few Days All Because Of Raw Sex By Another Nairalander / How I Lost My Twin Boys

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.