Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,405 members, 7,815,884 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:18 PM

Aniomas And Ikwerre People Have Not Learned From History So Sad. - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Aniomas And Ikwerre People Have Not Learned From History So Sad. (3891 Views)

What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People / Aniomas Is Not Benin Stop Claiming Them / Are Aniomas And Ikwerres Igbo?here Is A Geographic Fact . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aniomas And Ikwerre People Have Not Learned From History So Sad. by Admissionclass: 5:00pm On May 07, 2020
There is a popular saying that if you fail to learn from history it is bound to repeat itself.most delta Igbos and ikwerres do not consider themselves Igbos I laugh and laugh I think they tend to forget what what in 1967 when Nigerian troops massacred them in asaba you are claiming you are not Igbos but the Hausa/fulanis know it's not true you guy near Igbo name's like AMAKA,Ngozi,Chidi,ugochukwu and the rest .don't be fooled other Nigerian tribes know those are Igbos name's that's why they massacred you guys in 1967 even though you guys denied your Igbo identity all my saying if Igbos manage to secede from this zoo called Nigerian you guys will suffer if you fail to join biafra because you will be considered enemies of the state because you share Similarities with the Igbo race a word is enough for the wise bye.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aniomas And Ikwerre People Have Not Learned From History So Sad. by SLAP44: 5:05pm On May 07, 2020
WARNING! !!

It's not everyone who opens a thread to lambast Anioma and Ikwerre that is Igbo. So many northerners and south west People Now open threads with Igbo sounding monikers just to attract hate to Igbos. This what joblessness under this regime has reduced them to.

Be guided.!

7 Likes

Re: Aniomas And Ikwerre People Have Not Learned From History So Sad. by Admissionclass: 5:18pm On May 07, 2020
SLAP44:
WARNING! !!

It's not everyone who opens a thread to lambast Anioma and Ikwerre that is Igbo. So many northerners and south west People Now open threads with Igbo sounding monikers just to attract hate to Igbos. This what joblessness under this regime has reduced them to.

Be guided.!

I am Igbo from imo state I just hate the fact that Igbos outside the southeast deny their Identity I am an ipob member.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aniomas And Ikwerre People Have Not Learned From History So Sad. by spiritmasquerad(m): 5:34pm On May 07, 2020
Admissionclass:

I am Igbo from imo state I just hate the fact that Igbos outside the southeast deny their Identity I am an ipob member.
I knew it only when ipob member need help they remember us it is funny. You want to teach us our history abi

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aniomas And Ikwerre People Have Not Learned From History So Sad. by Admissionclass: 5:42pm On May 07, 2020
[quote author=spiritmasquerad post=89294834]
I knew it only when ipob member need help they remember us it is funny. You want to teach us our history abi[/quote
You don't know your history we don't even need you we are just marvelled at your inferiority complex how you allowed the white man and the hausa/fulani to brainwash you.
Re: Aniomas And Ikwerre People Have Not Learned From History So Sad. by spiritmasquerad(m): 5:42pm On May 07, 2020
Go and check any pre almagametion map no part of delta state was part of biafra that why ojukwu stabbed us in the back that is the history we will not allow repeat because we will not be dragged into what is not our business again

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aniomas And Ikwerre People Have Not Learned From History So Sad. by Admissionclass: 5:43pm On May 07, 2020
spiritmasquerad:
Go and check any pre almagametion map no part of delta state was part of biafra that why ojukwu stabbed us in the back that is the history we will not allow repeat because we will not be dragged into what is not our business again

Ojukwu never dragged you in to the war . undecided I blame him for plunging the whole Igbo race into war because of the death of an anioma man named kaduna nzeogwu.

4 Likes

Re: Aniomas And Ikwerre People Have Not Learned From History So Sad. by spiritmasquerad(m): 5:47pm On May 07, 2020
[quote author=Admissionclass post=89295093][/quote]
We are trying to break free of that inferiority complex by reminding our people who we are and were we come to us using this borrowed laguague
Re: Aniomas And Ikwerre People Have Not Learned From History So Sad. by spiritmasquerad(m): 5:51pm On May 07, 2020
Admissionclass:

Ojukwu never dragged you in to the war . undecided I blame him for plunging the whole Igbo race into war because of the death of an anioma man named kaduna nzeogwu.
That why his stubborness lead to the death of millions
Re: Aniomas And Ikwerre People Have Not Learned From History So Sad. by Admissionclass: 5:51pm On May 07, 2020
spiritmasquerad:

We are trying to break free of that inferiority complex by reminding our people who we are and were we come to us using this borrowed laguague

I am sure you are ikwere This is shear stupidity you claim your guys are from Benin but have no trace of Benin in your langue and culture all Igbo but you will see yorubas as far as go go and Brazil still retaining traces of Yoruba cultures .
spits angry
Re: Aniomas And Ikwerre People Have Not Learned From History So Sad. by Admissionclass: 5:57pm On May 07, 2020
spiritmasquerad:

Did ojukwu drag anioma into war?
Re: Aniomas And Ikwerre People Have Not Learned From History So Sad. by spiritmasquerad(m): 5:59pm On May 07, 2020
Admissionclass:

I am sure you are ikwere This is shear stupidity you claim your guys are from Benin but have no trace of Benin in your langue and culture all Igbo but you will see yorubas as far as go go and Brazil still retaining traces of Yoruba cultures .
spits angry
Am anioma and when u open a book or luk at our culture it is clear to see. No more would people with inferiority complex bring us down so suck that spite back into ur stomach. Nonsense

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aniomas And Ikwerre People Have Not Learned From History So Sad. by spiritmasquerad(m): 6:02pm On May 07, 2020
[quote author=Admissionclass post=89295093][/quote] And u are insulting the same white people kanu is begging for help. Hypocrite
Re: Aniomas And Ikwerre People Have Not Learned From History So Sad. by Admissionclass: 6:07pm On May 07, 2020
spiritmasquerad:

Am anioma and when u open a book or luk at our culture it is clear to see. No more would people with inferiority complex bring us down so suck that spite back into ur stomach. Nonsense

I have a question where do aniomas come from?
Re: Aniomas And Ikwerre People Have Not Learned From History So Sad. by StubbornGENIUS: 6:15pm On May 07, 2020
Farana ,rocktation Close this pointlessthread please
Re: Aniomas And Ikwerre People Have Not Learned From History So Sad. by spiritmasquerad(m): 6:18pm On May 07, 2020
Admissionclass:

I have a question where do aniomas come from?
The borrowed language of igboid

1 Like

Re: Aniomas And Ikwerre People Have Not Learned From History So Sad. by Admissionclass: 6:21pm On May 07, 2020
spiritmasquerad:

The borrowed language of igboid

Oooh no ..where did did you ancestors migrate from?
Re: Aniomas And Ikwerre People Have Not Learned From History So Sad. by liberalchick(f): 6:49pm On May 07, 2020
OP please know your history. Biafrans invaded and occupied the region. They installed Igbo army generals to control the region. They needed that region to take the fight to Lagos. The region was not consulted and no allegiance was given. Biafrans were defeated at Ore, they retreated and blew up the bridge, essentially trapping Asaba people with the invading Nigerian troops. The massacre that ensued is the fault of Biafra and the Nigerian troops.

ANIOMA is not Igbo. We have a very different culture and lifestyle, “Delta Igbo” is a misnomer. Unfortunately, our fathers were not proud of our heritage so they gave their kids Igbo names to blend with a dominant culture. ANIOMA people have their own first names. We have names like and they sound nothing like Igbo.
Anupu, Isama, Otunniya, Okwanuzor, Ishicheri, Okwubiri, Ebinum, Egwenum, Osanebi, Ossai etc

Most ANIOMA languages and Igbo is not even mutually intelligible.

Some Languages in ANIOMA have Benin in them, phenotypically, ANIOMA look nothing like the Igbos, also River Niger would have made it much more difficult for the migratory trend to have been from the east. After migration and later trading is responsible for the Igboid in the ANIOMA group of languages.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aniomas And Ikwerre People Have Not Learned From History So Sad. by Admissionclass: 6:54pm On May 07, 2020
liberalchick:
OP please know your history. Biafrans invaded and occupied the region. They installed Igbo army generals to control the region. They needed that region to take the fight to Lagos. The region was not consulted and no allegiance was given. Biafrans were defeated at Ore, they retreated and blew up the bridge, essentially trapping Asaba people with the invading Nigerian troops. The massacre that ensued is the fault of Biafra and the Nigerian troops.

ANIOMA is not Igbo. We have a very different culture and lifestyle, “Delta Igbo” is a misnomer. Unfortunately, our fathers were not proud of our heritage so they gave their kids Igbo names to blend with a dominant culture. ANIOMA people have their own first names. We have names like and they sound nothing like Igbo.
Anupu, Isama, Otunniya, Okwanuzor, Isicheri, Okwubiri, Ebinum, Egwenum, Osanebi, Ossai etc

Most ANIOMA languages and Igbo is not even mutually intelligible.

Some Languages in ANIOMA have Benin in them, phenotypically, ANIOMA look nothing like the Igbos, also River Niger would have made it much more difficult for the migratory trend to have been from the east. After migration and later trading is responsible for the Igboid in the ANIOMA group of languages.

Hmmm so river is now an obstacles for migration when some tribes have climbed rugged mountains to migrate ok no one is forcing you to be Igbo good luck I am just pained Ojukwu went to war because of an anioma man named kaduna nzeogwu.we don't need you guys you guys are labdlocked
Re: Aniomas And Ikwerre People Have Not Learned From History So Sad. by Liliantalks: 6:59pm On May 07, 2020
We are one but concerning Biafra , I no Dey o.
Re: Aniomas And Ikwerre People Have Not Learned From History So Sad. by Nobody: 7:00pm On May 07, 2020
How romantic is this?

2 Likes

Re: Aniomas And Ikwerre People Have Not Learned From History So Sad. by liberalchick(f): 7:06pm On May 07, 2020
Admissionclass:

Hmmm so river is now an obstacles for migration when some tribes have climbed rugged mountains to migrate ok no one is forcing you to be Igbo good luck I am just pained Ojukwu went to war because of an anioma man named kaduna nzeogwu.we don't need you guys you guys are labdlocked
We also wished he didn’t. Thousands of innocent Asaba young men and little boys wouldn’t have died for a war or a cause they pledged no allegiance to. Ojukwu got to live out his natural years, same can’t be said for the Asaba victims.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aniomas And Ikwerre People Have Not Learned From History So Sad. by Admissionclass: 7:09pm On May 07, 2020
liberalchick:

We also wished he didn’t. Thousands of innocent Asaba young men and little boys wouldn’t have died for a war or a cause they pledged no allegiance to. Ojukwu got to live out his natural years, same can’t be said for the Asaba victims.

Indeed ..
Re: Aniomas And Ikwerre People Have Not Learned From History So Sad. by Admissionclass: 7:12pm On May 07, 2020
Liliantalks:
We are one but concerning Biafra , I no Dey o.

Cowards angry
Re: Aniomas And Ikwerre People Have Not Learned From History So Sad. by Rajman45(m): 7:30pm On May 07, 2020
Admissionclass:
There is a popular saying that if you fail to learn from history it is bound to repeat itself.most delta Igbos and ikwerres do not consider themselves Igbos I laugh and laugh I think they tend to forget what what in 1967 when Nigerian troops massacred them in asaba you are claiming you are not Igbos but the Hausa/fulanis know it's not true you guy near Igbo name's like AMAKA,Ngozi,Chidi,ugochukwu and the rest .don't be fooled other Nigerian tribes know those are Igbos name's that's why they massacred you guys in 1967 even though you guys denied your Igbo identity all my saying if Igbos manage to secede from this zoo called Nigerian you guys will suffer if you fail to join biafra because you will be considered enemies of the state because you share Similarities with the Igbo race a word is enough for the wise bye.

It seems that you are begging the delta igbos and ikwerres to claim origin of Igbo race. I wonder why ur so pain to the extent of raining all sorts of insults on them. I feel so sorry for u..... Take heart.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aniomas And Ikwerre People Have Not Learned From History So Sad. by Riverville(m): 7:44pm On May 07, 2020
Pls, Anioma is not Igbo. Anioma is a political union of Ukwuani, Aniocha and Ika/Agbor. I am an Ukwuani man from Utagba uno. Am not Igbo, neither am I Aniocha or Ika. Anioma was formed by the people of Delta north senatorial district.

The fact that the Igbo are claiming Anioma and ikwerre people are Igbo have an underground motive. If you want us to forge a union together to achieve a common goal, let it be clear and don't try to dominate and divide us.

It's not by force to be Igbo, we are ukwani people not Igbo. Though our language are kind of similar and we have some similar names. ( Note these names may look the same when they are spelled, but have different pronunciation). If you want us to follow your agenda let's sit and talk and call it Igbo/Anioma/ikwerre. Don't cause division among us, you can't just take us and put us under you as Igbo nation. That was why when the Aniocha/ Ukwuani and Ika people wanted to create a union, the choose a different name (Anioma). Ukwuani people can not tell the Ika man that he his kwale. Pls the Igbo should take note. Stop telling us we are igbos. If you want to create a union, bring the offer to the table. Let's discuss it within our selves. And it pays us, we may decide to join under conditions. But not as Igbo

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aniomas And Ikwerre People Have Not Learned From History So Sad. by Admissionclass: 8:19pm On May 07, 2020
Riverville:
Pls, Anioma is not Igbo. Anioma is a political union of Ukwuani, Aniocha and Ika/Agbor. I am an Ukwuani man from Utagba uno. Am not Igbo, neither am I Aniocha or Ika. Anioma was formed by the people of Delta north senatorial district.

The fact that the Igbo are claiming Anioma and ikwerre people are Igbo have an underground motive. If you want us to forge a union together to achieve a common goal, let it be clear and don't try to dominate and divide us.

It's not by force to be Igbo, we are ukwani people not Igbo. Though our language are kind of similar and we have some similar names. ( Note these names may look the same when they are spelled, but have different pronunciation). If you want us to follow your agenda let's sit and talk and call it Igbo/Anioma/ikwerre. Don't cause division among us, you can't just take us and put us under you as Igbo nation. That was why when the Aniocha/ Ukwuani and Ika people wanted to create a union, the choose a different name (Anioma). Ukwuani people can not tell the Ika man that he his kwale. Pls the Igbo should take note. Stop telling us we are igbos. If you want to create a union, bring the offer to the table. Let's discuss it within our selves. And it pays us, we may decide to join under conditions. But not as Igbo

What is your name sir?
Re: Aniomas And Ikwerre People Have Not Learned From History So Sad. by Nobody: 8:26pm On May 07, 2020
All I know is Nigeria is a backward nation and will remain that way 100 to 200 years from now.

You people should kill yourself with tribal talk.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aniomas And Ikwerre People Have Not Learned From History So Sad. by Dpharisee: 8:30pm On May 07, 2020
Here in the North they don't know that Anioma or Ikwerre exists, they are simply 'inyanmiri'
It's like Kaba people in Kogi state denying their Yorubaness because a politician drew a map on the soil cool

1 Like

Re: Aniomas And Ikwerre People Have Not Learned From History So Sad. by Godons1: 8:36pm On May 07, 2020
Admissionclass:

Trash

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aniomas And Ikwerre People Have Not Learned From History So Sad. by Godons1: 8:38pm On May 07, 2020
Riverville:

Well said Bro.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Tribe/ethnic Group Outside Nigeria Attracts You. / Country: Oduduwa Republic / Oba Of Lagos: An Olu, Not An Oba & An Itsekiri Colony By Oritseweyinmi St Ifa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.