Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,321 members, 7,846,442 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 04:22 PM

Google Playstore Just Suspended My App For This Crazy Reason - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Google Playstore Just Suspended My App For This Crazy Reason (938 Views)

Review My App I Built From Scratch / This Crazy Bit Of Malware Is The Best Reason To Use Only Google Play To Get Your / My First App 'transparent Calculator' Is Now On Google Playstore (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Google Playstore Just Suspended My App For This Crazy Reason by Kelvin30286063(m): 1:28pm On May 08, 2020
I can't believe Google just suspended my app stating that it was because my users are publishing contents that are related to covid 19!

My app is a social media platform like Facebook, Instagram and the likes, how is my contents different from the above mentioned.
My users do not post explicit contents cuz I make sure of that and they just update their status just like every social media platform but considering the fact that covid 19 is the hot topic right now, it's unavoidable that people talk about it all over social media.
How is my app any different!

The funny thing is, I looked at all my app contents through and through and I notice that the only covid 19 related topics is the statistics people share everyday.

My QUESTION IS, WHAT ALTERNATIVE APP STORE CAN I USE CUZ I'M NOT READY PLAY BY THEIR BALLS.

They are asking me to delete all covid 19 related topics from my app. How on earth will I do that, I have over 1000 active users, are they telling me I have to go to their profiles one after the other and start deleting posts that are related to covid 19...

Re: Google Playstore Just Suspended My App For This Crazy Reason by FryMosquito: 2:08pm On May 08, 2020
I ain't familiar with all this Google intera... I will advice you write to their complain channel by detailing all the fact you have for them to review, cos you might be suspended by a confused BOT..
Re: Google Playstore Just Suspended My App For This Crazy Reason by Kelvin30286063(m): 3:52pm On May 08, 2020
FryMosquito:
I ain't familiar with all this Google intera... I will advice you write to their complain channel by detailing all the fact you have for them to review, cos you might be suspended by a confused BOT..
Bro, it's always very difficult to write them. You won't even know what email is real
Re: Google Playstore Just Suspended My App For This Crazy Reason by Kelvin30286063(m): 8:54am On May 09, 2020
Re: Google Playstore Just Suspended My App For This Crazy Reason by Depressed101: 6:13am On May 23, 2020
It's simple follow the instructions. Remove all covid 19 content and republish. Alternatively you can host your app on third party app stores. Like apkpure and others. Just Google third party app sites
Re: Google Playstore Just Suspended My App For This Crazy Reason by vezycash(m): 3:03am On May 24, 2020
They've been doing that for weeks. They even took down a podcast distribution app because one of the podcasts was on covid 19.

Android still allows sideloading so you should be fine unless the suspension affects your ad revenue (AdSense).

(1) (Reply)

I Need A EA Programmer / . / My Journey Into The World Of Data Science

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.