Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,862 members, 7,810,290 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:49 AM

Anything Firmware Up/down Grade Goes Here - Satellite TV Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Anything Firmware Up/down Grade Goes Here (1447 Views)

Fake Strong Firmware / Strong 4669x For 12k With Latest Firmware 130p (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anything Firmware Up/down Grade Goes Here by lovala(m): 6:08pm On Jan 12, 2011
Hey good people!!! Let’s let the main forum have a bit of respite with all our firmware upgrade/downgrade wahala.
Bring it ON!!!! Tell all about the latest firmware here and their attributes.

I’ll start.

Experience with firmware upgrade for SRT4669x.

V1.20p gave me a real headache. From time to time, channels get erased or there is difficulty in navigating the satellite tracking menu.
Some times you try to track a tp which is green and the screen goes black but it tracks. After that the tp is green but no video nor audio until you put the stb off and on from behind.

There isn’t any great difference in the time taken to change from one channel to another compared with the factory setting
Positive aspect is that the HE-AAC sound problem for some channels is solved.

V1.11p is just about the same like 1.20 although I am yet to experience the erasing of channels. However, when you try to change the language setting, the screen darkens for a short while before coming on back. Then, RDV losses its sound.

I want to go the v1.24p way and see how it plays out before deciding which one I’ll keep for the box. Mark you, this sin’t my own box. It belongs to a friend who just acquired it for the ‘bro channels. I was helping out for his lack of audio with the said prestige channels but started running into problems with the upgrades. Smell y’all later!
Re: Anything Firmware Up/down Grade Goes Here by lovala(m): 6:24pm On Jan 12, 2011
@don401:
d 1.11p doesn't ve pic in pic. I dont see anything interested in it except d rdv audio and the biss it comes with

How did you get the audio of RDV working with v1.11p? I've installed it but RDV sounds mute.
Re: Anything Firmware Up/down Grade Goes Here by don401(m): 11:13am On Jan 13, 2011
lovala:

@don401:
How did you get the audio of RDV working with v1.11p? I've installed it but RDV sounds mute.
press the audio button on ur remote control. make sure the audio track is in 1:english and audio mode stereo(if in d other softwares just press the menu button and exit or press the audio button and switch to audio track 2:english then return to 1:english
Re: Anything Firmware Up/down Grade Goes Here by Ussals(m): 11:34am On Jan 13, 2011
don401:

press the audio button on your remote control. make sure the audio track is in 1:english and audio mode stereo(if in d other softwares just press the menu button and exit or press the audio button and switch to audio track 2:english then return to 1:english
thanks for the information
Re: Anything Firmware Up/down Grade Goes Here by lovala(m): 12:09am On Jan 14, 2011
press the audio button on your remote control. make sure the audio track is in 1:english and audio mode stereo(if in d other softwares just press the menu button and exit or press the audio button and switch to audio track 2:english then return to 1:english

@don401:
Thankx but it didn’t do the trick, man! Anyhow, my friend doesn’t give an asses brain for RDV and in as much as he’s got his audio for all the other pretige channels, that’s what matters. Thankx anyways. Soon as my box arrives I’ll go hunting for Galaxy 11 ‘cos I hear tell it is a very good alternative to EW4/7, if u know a mean!
Re: Anything Firmware Up/down Grade Goes Here by hisoccer(m): 1:52am On Jan 14, 2011
@olofofo plz kindly send me ur mail address 2 greenday700@yahoo.com. Plz i like 2 disscause an issusse with thanks

(1) (Reply)

Solar Energy, Get Helpful Tips On Solar System Installation & Maintenance. / Tcam Software And Code Now Available For 3D Ultra, 3D Tech, Elephant 2020, ONSAT / Where Can I Buy Al Jazeera Card To Watch JSC Sports Channels On My Strong Decode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.