Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,445 members, 7,812,349 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:05 PM

Double Wahala For Kok - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Double Wahala For Kok (810 Views)

Segun Arinze, Shan George, Aki And KOK Grace The Wedding Of Obinna And Chinonye / Double Wahala For Kok / Double Wahala: Femi Kuti Impregnates Two More Ladies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Double Wahala For Kok by aloyemeka1: 7:54pm On Jan 12, 2011
[size=14pt]Double wahala for KOK[/size]
12 Jan 2011
Nollywood actor Kanayo .O. Kanayo a.k.a KOK (real names Onyekwere Modestus Anayo) is really a sad man at the moment.

Kanayo .O. Kanayo

After he lost the ticket to represent Ahiazu/Ezinihitte Mbaise Federal Constituency in Imo State, in the National Assembly, under the platform of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) during the party’s recently primaries in the state, the actor-turned politician is yet visited with another tragedy as he has lost his beloved mother, Ezinne Isabella Onyekwere to the cold hands of death.

KOK confirmed this sad development in a text message he sent to HVP.

The text message reads thus: “this is to notify you in respect of the passing on to glory of my beloved mother, Mrs. Ezinne Isabella Onyekwere. Her burial arrangements will be communicated to you as soon as possible.”

On his scuttled political ambition, the actor cried foul, blaming his defeat on lack of financial means as well irregularities that trailed the accreditation of delegates that cast their votes during the primaries.

KOK said, while the accreditation exercise could not commence until 10 pm on that fateful day, voting properly was delayed till 12 mid-night, as most of his supporters who could not stand the coldness of the night left the venue disappointedly, adding that “I think, my election to politics.” The amiable actor once said he decided to seek elective post because of the need for a change in his area.

According to him, “Ahiazu/Ezinihitte Federal Constituency has suffered from the scourge of under representation and misrepresentation for some years now.

My candidacy is borne out of an inner realisation that men of conscience don’t have to keep quiet when everything seems to be going wrong.”

“All over Ahiazu/Ezinihitte Mbaise Federal Constituency, infrastructure is either non-existent or dilapidated. Schools, roads are all in terrible state.”

KOK however promised to create jobs for youths, empower the artisans, women and the elderly in his constituency and also attract Federal Government projects that will benefit the people if elected. But with his recent defeat at the primaries, all those promises had gone with the wind.

http://vanguardngr.com/entertainment/2011/01/double-wahala-for-kok/
Re: Double Wahala For Kok by Coolabbie: 10:48pm On Jan 12, 2011
Didnt know he contested in d primaries. Condolence on d loss of his mum.

(1) (Reply)

Aki And Paw Paw / Tiwa Savage Is Nigeria’s Hottest Female Act / Stella Damasus Denies Ndlea Quiz; “i Wasn’t Rough Handled”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.