Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,485 members, 7,819,761 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:38 PM

Thread For Production Of Yoghurt And Flavored Drinks. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Thread For Production Of Yoghurt And Flavored Drinks. (4546 Views)

Learn How To Make Different Kinds Of YOGHURT And Other Types Of DRINKS / Four Nigerian Firms Begin Local Production Of Milk / Thread For Bakery Owners And Intending Owners In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thread For Production Of Yoghurt And Flavored Drinks. by Emeks008(m): 8:56am On May 09, 2020
Hello nairalander,
Am emeks from emeks food consults. We specialized in production of beverages drinks (except alcohol). Today, I want us to open a discussion thread where you can ask me any question regarding juice/yoghurt production. This thread is open for everyone to contribute or ask question.

There are threads on pure water production, bakery business, cab business and many more on this platform but there is none for juice/yoghurt production. That's why this thread is created to support individual that want to go into the business with free informations and guides.

All experts in the house are highly welcome to contribute to this thread so that prospective investors can learn from your experience before venturing into it.

Please note that all question and contributions are free.
You can only share information that doesn't violate the rules of this platform
Let's all discussion be done here. Don't refer people to PM you when you can share your idea over here.
Derailing from the topic is not allowed.
This is a business thread and I expect everyone to speak in business language.
Show casing of your business idea on drink production is allowed. You never can tell if an angel investor is on this thread
Finally, let's be civil with our communication. Thanks.

Let's get started.

In Nigeria today, drinks production is part of essential service allowed to operate during this period of lockdown. Which means most drinks producers are making money while some company are losing money daily.

Most people love yo venture into drinks production but they don't know how to go about it. Some people that venture into it without understanding the business later crashed out. This shows some of us don't do our homework about drinks production before going into the business. Government policies as well affect all business generally but we must firstly understand the business before putting in our money.

On this thread, we are going to talk on Flavored drinks commonly known as lolly,juice or ice cream in some places and YOGHURT drinks.

Many people want to go into the business but the question in everyone lips is "HOW LUCRATIVE IS THE BUSINESS" well, many people will say it's so lucrative while some will disagree. As we continue on this thread, many questions will be attended to by me and all expert in the house.

It's officially open for all.

Re: Thread For Production Of Yoghurt And Flavored Drinks. by Emeks008(m): 9:08am On May 09, 2020
in my previous thread back then in 2016 which I latter stopped then due to private reason. some of this monickers mentioned me then whom am gong to call back so that they will benefits from this new thread.

riderboy,hollasmall, lightdream, phazotron , emtol01

1 Like

Re: Thread For Production Of Yoghurt And Flavored Drinks. by Prince081: 9:25am On May 09, 2020
How big is the drinks market in Nigeria?
Re: Thread For Production Of Yoghurt And Flavored Drinks. by Emeks008(m): 9:28am On May 09, 2020
Question to ask yourself before going into beverages production.

1. First of all, the most important thing is to know to whom you will sell
your product before starting a beverage company. You have to see the niche market and you have to understand
the consumer.

2. So you know your niche market and you know who will buy your product?
It is a good start, however, second most common mistake is to copy the
market leader. Do you want to manufacture a standard taste yoghurt or juice drink
with different logo? We think it’s wrong! You have to think different, act
different and be different.

3. Your product has to have a soul. You have to think about it like a real
human being. You have to know what does he like, what does he do, to which night clubs is he going and etc.
. You have to create a real person. By that I mean that you have to spend
as mush time as possible for marketing strategy and packaging design. Your
product has to be different and eye catching.

4. You have to know where, when and how you will manufacture your product.
You have to know the factories, minimum order quantities, pricing and etc.
. Maybe it is worth it to find contract filling service provider who has a
better knowledge in this field before a start of beverage company? You will save a lot of time and energy
which you can spend on your marketing and distribution plans.

5. It is very important to think about your product distribution and
storage. Are you planing to take care of it by yourself or are you planing
to outsource?

6. How are you planing to distribute your product? Will you use services of local distributors or are you planing to do it by yourself? You have to find a solution for this because sometimes it is worth more to use services of distributors and to think only about sales and marketing.

7. Do you have a financial plan? Do you know when you will need some extra cash to manufacture your product? Do you know when is your break even point?

8. Do you want to start with a large quantity or do you want to lower your risk? Maybe you want to test the market with a lower quantity? It is always smart to test your product, however, the price for the product will be higher. You have to understand that.

9. What are your goals? How many liters of you beverage are you planing to sell? If your plan is not going the way you wanted, when you will stop the project?

10. Last but not least. Why are you doing this? Do you want to be rich or do you want to test your idea? Is it important for you or not? Beverage business is a tough one, so you have to be ready..

Ask yourself above question over and over.
The business cool but your homework matter most.

1 Like

Re: Thread For Production Of Yoghurt And Flavored Drinks. by Emeks008(m): 9:43am On May 09, 2020
Prince081:
How big is the drinks market in Nigeria?

According to Euromonitor International , a global market intelligence publisher, Nigeria consumed 38.68 million litres of drinks in 2016 alone. This is to tell that the market is wide and it's still growing.

1 Like

Re: Thread For Production Of Yoghurt And Flavored Drinks. by Emeks008(m): 9:55am On May 09, 2020
More question and contributions are welcomed. You can as well share your view.

1 Like

Re: Thread For Production Of Yoghurt And Flavored Drinks. by Emeks008(m): 10:18am On May 09, 2020
Most people thought that they need to have several millions of naira before going into yoghurt or flavored drinks production. You can start little and grow bigger as time goes on.

You can start from production of sachet yoghurt or sachet lolly. the machine required for this is just the same pure water machine.

The factory setup is more like pure water factory but with little difference.

If you own a pure water factory, you can as well add other drinks to your business but in a separate compartment. Some people have been producing pure water for years and they wish to add other sachet Drinks to their production factory but they don't know how to go about it. This thread is for you. ask your question and you will surely get an answer.

1 Like

Re: Thread For Production Of Yoghurt And Flavored Drinks. by Emeks008(m): 10:23am On May 09, 2020
A free report has been prepared for free to give you an hint on how much you need and what are the NAFDAC requirement in setting up a drink factory. Absolutely free to everyone that is in need of it.

We will roll it out as we continue on this thread. For now, let's discuss about the business and what are the challenges you are likely to face in the business

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thread For Production Of Yoghurt And Flavored Drinks. by Emeks008(m): 7:42am On May 14, 2020
As I earlier stated that you don't need several millions to start your yoghurt or carbonated drinks. Let' me quickly discuss a little about adding more products to your existing production factory.

Let's take pure water factory for instance.

I have seen some pure water producers that expand their production capacity by introducing flavored drinks production to their existing product. This give them extra means of income in the open market. Their pure water is been sold along side with sachet flavored drinks.
As a pure water factory owner, what needs to be done is to leverage on existing customers base and push out your goods to the drinks market. If you keenly observe, most pure water retailer are major seller of sachet yoghurt and lolly. In that case,as a pure water producers that have an existing customers network, you have no much to worry about in sourcing for buyers for your new product. Your existing customers will be your first target in the open market.
Re: Thread For Production Of Yoghurt And Flavored Drinks. by Emeks008(m): 7:51am On May 14, 2020
With your existing production factory, you won't spend much when you want to add in other drinks. The cost of setting up the factory won't be high compare to someone that want to start from scratch.
Re: Thread For Production Of Yoghurt And Flavored Drinks. by Emeks008(m): 8:05am On May 14, 2020
New entrants into this business will like to ask; how much do I need to start this yoghurt/ Lolly production?

What and what do I need to buy before setting up the factory?

What is the ROI on this business?

This and many more are the question people do as ask before venturing into any business.

I have prepared detailed answer to those question and many other enquiry that can later come up.

All you have to do is to drop your e-mail address and I will forward it to.

The report is for free.

2 Likes

Re: Thread For Production Of Yoghurt And Flavored Drinks. by Nobody: 9:54am On May 14, 2020
Emeks008:
A free report has been prepared for free to give you an hint on how much you need and what are the NAFDAC requirement in setting up a drink factory. Absolutely free to everyone that is in need of it.

We will roll it out as we continue on this thread. For now, let's discuss about the business and what are the challenges you are likely to face in the business

how can I get this
Re: Thread For Production Of Yoghurt And Flavored Drinks. by Nobody: 9:56am On May 14, 2020
danielbanjo19@gmail.com
Re: Thread For Production Of Yoghurt And Flavored Drinks. by jiday4(m): 10:31am On May 14, 2020
Interesting topic , kudos sir
Pls forward to iwonimofe@gmail.com
Thanks
Re: Thread For Production Of Yoghurt And Flavored Drinks. by Harmomy(f): 10:50am On May 14, 2020
vibemere4real@gmail.com
Re: Thread For Production Of Yoghurt And Flavored Drinks. by zotzy: 11:04am On May 14, 2020
zotzy@yahoo.com
Re: Thread For Production Of Yoghurt And Flavored Drinks. by Emeks008(m): 11:12am On May 14, 2020
banjo022:

how can I get this

You can drop your email and I will forward it to you.
Re: Thread For Production Of Yoghurt And Flavored Drinks. by Emeks008(m): 10:35pm On May 15, 2020
jiday4:
Interesting topic , kudos sir Pls forward to iwonimofe@gmail.com Thanks
sent
Re: Thread For Production Of Yoghurt And Flavored Drinks. by Emeks008(m): 10:35pm On May 15, 2020
zotzy:
zotzy@yahoo.com
sent
Re: Thread For Production Of Yoghurt And Flavored Drinks. by Emeks008(m): 10:36pm On May 15, 2020
Harmomy:
vibemere4real@gmail.com
sent
Re: Thread For Production Of Yoghurt And Flavored Drinks. by phazotron(m): 11:10pm On May 15, 2020
Tobilare@gmail.com

Good evening sir
Re: Thread For Production Of Yoghurt And Flavored Drinks. by phazotron(m): 11:12pm On May 15, 2020
Emeks008:

I got to call someone who sells production machinery sometime ago and the guy was like it costs quite a bit to set up such

Can it be set up with 5m or less?
Re: Thread For Production Of Yoghurt And Flavored Drinks. by Emeks008(m): 8:51am On May 16, 2020
phazotron:

I got to call someone who sells production machinery sometime ago and the guy was like it costs quite a bit to set up such

Can it be set up with 5m or less?

I will like to know which one of the production do you want to set up so that I will answer your question in detailed.
Re: Thread For Production Of Yoghurt And Flavored Drinks. by Emeks008(m): 9:05am On May 16, 2020
phazotron:
Tobilare@gmail.com
Good evening sir

sent
Re: Thread For Production Of Yoghurt And Flavored Drinks. by phazotron(m): 10:23pm On May 16, 2020
Emeks008:

I will like to know which one of the production do you want to set up so that I will answer your question in detailed.

For bottled drinks like coke Pepsi etc
Re: Thread For Production Of Yoghurt And Flavored Drinks. by Larriekay: 11:31pm On May 16, 2020
Emeks008:
New entrants into this business will like to ask; how much do I need to start this yoghurt/ Lolly production?

What and what do I need to buy before setting up the factory?

What is the ROI on this business?

This and many more are the question people do as ask before venturing into any business.

I have prepared detailed answer to those question and many other enquiry that can later come up.

All you have to do is to drop your e-mail address and I will forward it to.

The report is for free.
ibidun@kotscatering.com
Re: Thread For Production Of Yoghurt And Flavored Drinks. by Emeks008(m): 6:55pm On May 18, 2020
phazotron:

For bottled drinks like coke Pepsi etc

With 5M, you can set up non carbonated drinks factory in Nigeria. There are different range of machines needed for the set up. Your production capacity of 5M drink factory can't be compare with production capacity of 10M+ factory. Most of the equipment you will need for low production capacity factory are going to be semi auto + manual inputs.

The machine seller want to sell his machines to make profit but most time the seller may not have any idea on how to run a low budget factory. He's selling to make his money.

Presently, the price of machine and equipments have gone by 50% - 100%. due to the pandemic. Most machine seller are unable to import in new machines from Asia and Europe. Because of the importation issues, they decided to increased the price of the ones they have in stores.

Maybe because of increment in prices that's why he told you 5m won't be enough for a start.
Re: Thread For Production Of Yoghurt And Flavored Drinks. by Emeks008(m): 8:37pm On May 18, 2020
Larriekay:
ibidun@kotscatering.com
sent
Re: Thread For Production Of Yoghurt And Flavored Drinks. by ProxyconTechnol: 9:16pm On May 18, 2020
Proxycontechnologies@gmail.com
Re: Thread For Production Of Yoghurt And Flavored Drinks. by Emeks008(m): 10:18am On May 20, 2020
ProxyconTechnol:
Proxycontechnologies@gmail.com

sent
Re: Thread For Production Of Yoghurt And Flavored Drinks. by Redman44(m): 11:09am On May 20, 2020
www.proda-ng.org

The Products Development Institute, Enugu can fabricate Machines for you. It could be cheaper than importing the machines if you approach PRODA, Enugu. Just take a picture of the machine you want to them and see if they can fabricate it for you locally. Check out the website of the institute. Cheers.
Re: Thread For Production Of Yoghurt And Flavored Drinks. by Consigliere(m): 1:09pm On May 20, 2020
Please can you elaborate on the carbonated drinks category; the machinery involved, packaging and concentrate formulation.

I was also informed that there are co-packers in Nigeria that can help you produce your drinks.

Email: consigliere.ng@gmail.com

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Do I Get My Money Back After 3 Weeks Atm Debited My Account? / Zinc Ore And Lead Ore For Sale In Ebonyi / Nigeria Unlikely To Be Among 20 Best Economies In 2020?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.