Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,167 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:42 AM

Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? (45069 Views)

My Near Death Experience / Experienced A Near Death Experience? Relate How You Felt During That Moment / See The Huge Monitor Lizard That Was Killed Near My House Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by Mariangeles(f): 10:06am On May 09, 2020
What has been a near death experience to you?

Mine was when I was a little girl, playing with 2 of my friends of about the same age, we thought it was a good idea to take turns to carry each other on our shoulders.

When it was my turn to climb onto the shoulder of one, I immediately knew it was a bad idea when I got on because, one, I had the fear of heights, and so I couldn't keep still grin

I wanted her to put me down immediately, but we didn't know the easiest way to do that...omg! embarassed
We kept wobbling back and forth because I couldn't keep still out of fear. The other kid was laughing, while I was beside myself with fear embarassed
Lastly, I fell so hard with my stomach slamming on the hard ground with a loud thud ( the most painful experience), I swear, for some seconds I couldn't breathe embarassed

While I was on the ground gasping for air, desperately trying to breathe and fighting to grasp onto life, my two so-called friends were laughing hysterically angry cry
When I was finally able to catch my breath, I cried so loud and hard....I cried ehn cry cry cry then they knew how serious it was.

I swear, I could have died that day and my parents would never have known what killed me.
Of course, they never knew what happened because I never told them. Heck! I never spoke about it ever. I just sucked it up.

As little as I was, I knew I could have died that day because what happened was serious...I just knew sad

123 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by Samfloxin(m): 10:15am On May 09, 2020
I have had it many times. We were traveling in a bus and the bus failed brake. We could have died that day cos the road was very sloppy. The driver rammed the bus on a parked vehicle

65 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by gaby(m): 10:16am On May 09, 2020
So many.

Mostly from my trip across the deserts and seas of Africa en route Europe over two decades ago.

It is a testimony that I am still alive today having dodged some more near-death experiences home and away.

For those who might not have read my story, check on my profile and you'd find a thread about my adventure to Europe through the deserts.

Here's the link to get the book.

https://okadabooks.com/book/about/the_irregular_migrant_a_story_of_perils_triumphs_and_karma/19703

151 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by Mariangeles(f): 10:25am On May 09, 2020
Samfloxin:
I have had it many times. We were traveling in a bus and the bus failed brake. We could have died that day cos the road was very sloppy. The driver rammed the bus on a parked vehicle

sad

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by Mariangeles(f): 10:27am On May 09, 2020
gaby:
So many.

Mostly from my trip across the deserts and seas of Africa en route Europe over two decades ago.

It is a testimony that I am still alive today having dodged some more near-death experiences in Nigeria too.

Share the most frightening

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by Kaamisha: 10:29am On May 09, 2020
I thought a near-death-experience was the experience where you lose consciousness and typically an out-of-body experience. I haven't had any neither do I wish to have one.

259 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by HarunaWest(m): 10:35am On May 09, 2020
February 24, 2018 was the day I will never forget . Happened in oshogbo around 6:45a.m. Was journeying back to Kogi with my colleagues, then all of a sudden the driver started screaming Jesus, Jesus, I knee instantly that shit has hit the fan. The front tire(right) bursted and all of a sudden our car started somersaulting like Olympic champion. It's turned thrice and landed on its head. Thankfully I was strapped on a seat belt. I wasn't hurt, not even a scratch.

166 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by Richy4(m): 10:42am On May 09, 2020
HarunaWest:
February 24, 2018 was the day I will never forget . Happened in oshogbo around 6:45a.m. Was journeying back to Kogi with my colleagues, then all of a sudden the driver started screaming Jesus, Jesus, I knee instantly that shit has hit the fan. The front tire(right) bursted and all of a sudden our car started somersaulting like Olympic champion. It's turned thrice and landed on its head. Thankfully I was strapped on a seat belt. I wasn't hurt, not even a scratch.

Come on buddy! Don't be selfish. What happened to the rest of your colleagues.. were they ok

167 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by veave(f): 10:43am On May 09, 2020
Yes
From almost being kidnapped with my younger brother on our way to school (same man was caught in the act trying to kidnap a child some years later) can never forget his face.

To having an almost ruptured appendix. My saving grace was that pus covered the spot.

To being a victim of Fulani highway robbery attack.

To a ghastly accident at Kabba junction (came out scratch free)

Plus other ones I can't mention. See, I stay far away from people who say there is no God. I've experienced things for this my young age wey be say i go come out speechless anytime I remember I still get shivers.

God I thank you for my life. It's a privilege to still be here.

509 Likes 25 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by ObaOfUyo: 10:45am On May 09, 2020
Secondary school, 2004
In a toilet with a snake.
I entered and did my thing, the next person who entered, spotted it and called a crowd who killed it. Boy, was it big shocked
Still gives me the chills till now

45 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by Mizwisdom(f): 11:18am On May 09, 2020
Picked up a snake with my foot

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by sisisioge: 11:24am On May 09, 2020
Mariangeles:
What has been a near death experience to you?

Mine was when I was a little girl, playing with my 2 of my friends of about the same age, we thought it was a good idea to take turns to carry each other on our shoulders.
When it was my turn to climb onto the shoulder of one, I immediately knew it was a bad idea when I got on because, one, I had the fear of heights, and so I couldn't keep still grin
I wanted her to put me down immediately, but we didn't know the easiest way to do that...omg! embarassed
We kept wobbling back and forth because I couldn't keep still out of fear, the other kid was laughing, I was beside myself with fear embarassed
Lastly, I fell so hard with my stomach slamming on the hard ground with a loud thud ( the most painful experience), I swear, for some seconds I couldn't breathe embarassed
While I was on the ground gasping for air, desperately trying to breathe and fighting to grasp onto life, my two so-called friends were laughing hysterically angry cry
When I was finally able to catch my breath, I cried so loud and hard....I cried ehn cry cry cry then they knew how serious it was.
I swear, I could have died that day and my parents would never have known what killed me.
Of course, they never knew what happened because I never told them. Heck! I never spoke about it ever. I just sucked it up.
As little as I was, I knew I could have died that day because what happened was serious...I just knew sad

I think I remember, you were about 5 years old grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by Mariangeles(f): 11:27am On May 09, 2020
sisisioge:

I think I remember, you were about 5 years old grin

Laya grin
Were you the kid that gave me the smackdown? grin

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by sisisioge: 11:27am On May 09, 2020
veave:
Yes
From almost being kidnapped with my younger brother on our way to school (same man was caught in the act trying to kidnap a child some years later) can never forget his face.

To having an almost ruptured appendix. My saving grace was that pus covered the spot.

To being a victim of Fulani highway robbery attack.

To a ghastly accident at Kabba junction (came out scratch free)

Plus other ones I can't mention. See, I stay far away from people who say there is no God. I've experienced things for this my young age wey be say i go come out speechless anytime I remember I still get shivers.

God I thank you for my life. It's a privilege to still be here.

Oh my goodness! shocked shocked shocked

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by sisisioge: 11:28am On May 09, 2020
ObaOfUyo:
Secondary school, 2004
In a toilet with a snake.
I entered and did my thing, the next person who entered, spotted it and called a crowd who killed it. Boy, was it big shocked
Still gives me the chills till now

What! shocked shocked

5 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by Biglittlelois(f): 11:29am On May 09, 2020
Kaamisha:
I thought a near-death-experience was the experience where you lose consciousness and typically an out-of-body experience. I haven't had any neither do I wish to have one.

I've had an out of body experience, I felt myself leave my body and was going down, like falling, it was so scary I thought I was dying.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by sisisioge: 11:31am On May 09, 2020
Mariangeles:

Laya grin
Were you the kid that gave me the smackdown? grin

grin grin grin...just thought you couldn't have been 2 yrs and have so much memory and coordinates. You woukd have to be at least five to understand what reply happened and remember so well too grin.

As for me, I can barely remember vivid derails of my childhood. Except for the things I loved to wear, eat and my fussiness about hairstyles grin

4 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by Mywd: 11:43am On May 09, 2020
Mizwisdom:
Picked up a snake with my foot

Eda grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by Mariangeles(f): 11:44am On May 09, 2020
sisisioge:

grin grin grin...just thought you couldn't have been 2 yrs and have so much memory and coordinates. You woukd have to be at least first to understand what reply happened and remember so well too grin.

As for me, I can barely remember vivid derails of my childhood. Except for the things I loved to wear, eat and my fussiness about hairstyles grin

To be honest, I don't remember the names or faces of those kids, but the experience left a mark in my memory.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by cococandy(f): 12:00pm On May 09, 2020
I haven’t really . Have had scary moments though

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by Drizzy5001(m): 12:18pm On May 09, 2020
It happened when I was 10 ..The day I was chasing my younger sister around the house to beat her for spoiling my designer watch and tearing my note book angry, and i didn't know that my brother poured water on the floor (tiles) and i slipped off, and fell down and hit the back of my head on the hard floor, I laid down there for like 30 minutes ..I couldn't get up , until my brother that went to bring mop to clean the water he poured now saw me , before he helped me to stand on my feet. sad I really thank God o

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by LordKO(m): 12:39pm On May 09, 2020
I have had experiences which are not just near death, but also manifestation of divine grace/miracles - my irreligious disposition notwithstanding. 

One of the experiences is that one early Sunday morning, some years ago, I entered a utility room with a guarded window without my phone, while inside it I decided to find out the reason why the entrance door was often hard to unlock. So, I locked it while inside, unfortunately it knocked and all my efforts to unlock it proved abortive for more than 24 hours. I did everything possible to either use bare hands to open the door or unlock it with the keys to no avail. Worse still, it happened in a detached house in a gated compound and I was living alone; normally I do not entertain visitors without an invitation and I did not have a phone with me to call anyone to come to the house to break the doors and rescue me. I was hungry too, because I was so busy a night before it that I didn't eat before going to bed and I didn't take a breakfast before entering there.

I had resigned to fate, sobbing in tears when an ineffable thought came into me to try one more time to hold the doorknob and open it - the same thing I did several times without positive result - I did and the door opened with no extra force and tactics. But for the divine intervention, I could have stayed there for more than a month without anyone knowing my whereabouts, since it happened in a foreign land.

However, this isn't the main divine experience which changed a whole lot of things in me - the divine experience wasn't a near death one. Everyone has a divine authority guarding and guiding him/her, you'll know this if you're in tune with your subconscious.

200 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by Jossyfine(f): 1:00pm On May 09, 2020
Twas in 2017, i was electrocuted when having my bath was even 5 months pregnant. Thank God my youngest brother was staying with me then. He heard my shout ran and removed the fuse from the box.Then I dropped on the floor cos I was hanging on the mid air. Meeeen, it was a very scary experience cos I saw myself fazing outta this world.
I just keep thanking God

212 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by lyndaway(f): 1:26pm On May 09, 2020
Yes oh but I thank God the expectations of the wicked was aborted fell on a busy express road a trailer behind me it was God blessed be his name for ever

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by Kaamisha: 1:42pm On May 09, 2020
Biglittlelois:

I've had an out of body experience, I felt myself leave my body and was going down, like falling, it was so scary I thought I was dying.

In the wake state? What induced it?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by Alooone: 1:42pm On May 09, 2020
I had an accident on my way to an interview...laid unconscious on the road for close to 10mins....thats when i knew there is nothing in this life...sometimes am tempted to go into full atheism...later got the job sha

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by Mariangeles(f): 1:50pm On May 09, 2020
Jossyfine:
Twas in 2017, i was electrocuted when having my bath was even 5 months pregnant. Thank God my youngest brother was staying with me then. He heard my shout ran and removed the fuse from the box.Then I dropped on the floor cos I was hanging on the mid air. Meeeen, it was a very scary experience cos I saw myself fazing outta this world.
I just keep thanking God

Whoa!
Thank God you and the baby lived.

24 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by LadySarah: 2:14pm On May 09, 2020
IWas playing with my sister and neighbor inside their old refrigerator as kids. Brethren, the boy was the conductor leaning on the hand and shouting our pseudo destination. Next the fridge swayed, fell facedown and clamped shut with all 3 inside.Nobody was home.

It was God who sent his elder sis home and she wondering why their fridge was lying on the floor went out and got help to raise it up. That was how we fell out already dying. We quietly dispersed.

It was the beginning of my introverted nature. Till today, unless very necessary you would never see me in someone's house. How would my parents feel losing two children in a day,children they locked up inside and kept key for and we left the house.

I still shudder each time I remember it

185 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 2:15pm On May 09, 2020
Yes. In 2006.

I had a severe headache and went into a trance. I can't remember for how long I blacked out, but the feeling of the after-life "was" peaceful. Everything on the other side seemed amplified, from the colours of the flowers, to the waters that flowed through. Saw a multitude of people going here and there, for what exactly? I couldn't and cannot still tell. These humans were different, more like demi-gods. They had great speed and were minding their damn business, and there I was staring with a forlorn look with shivers running down my spine. I looked different. My entire body was white, with a transparent look. I couldn't even feel my body. I felt so light. I had never seen anything strange in my existence. The ethereal body is amazing.

Of a truth, I didn't want to leave, the tranquility was incomparable. I felt something strong-like a rope-pull draw me back into consciousness. I jolted back, and all I saw were loved ones looking teary-eyed expecting my come-back. It was emotional. Leave religion, focus on elevating your spiritual man. You'll do exploits, get wisdom and be more discerning.

If I ever have to be given a chance to relive that moment, I'll give up anything and everything I have to experience it. Nostalgic, ye. smiley

Did you enjoy my story? Well I did too, but it NEVER happened.

Thanks for the rapt attention. wink

110 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by Jossyfine(f): 2:36pm On May 09, 2020
Mariangeles:

Whoa!
Thank God you and the baby lived.
You can loud it again

6 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by Nobody: 2:40pm On May 09, 2020

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by elchapoo: 2:52pm On May 09, 2020
lyndaway:
Yes oh but I thank God the expectations of the wicked was aborted fell on a busy express road a trailer behind me it was God blessed be his name for ever

Come again please am not understanding.

4 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

What's The Name Of This Insect / Why Do Some Ladies Hype Themselves Like This ? / See What Phcn Can Turn Someone To (pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.