Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,797 members, 7,831,579 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 09:29 PM

COVID-19: Ogun Triples Doctors Hazard Allowances, Offers Them Life Insurance - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / COVID-19: Ogun Triples Doctors Hazard Allowances, Offers Them Life Insurance (21549 Views)

Governor Yahaya Bello Increases Doctors' Hazard Allowance By 100% / COVID-19: Ogun Confirms 62-Year Old Man As New Case, Identifies 32 Contact / COVID-19: Ogun Govt To Distribute “Not For Sale” Hand Sanitizers To Residents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

COVID-19: Ogun Triples Doctors Hazard Allowances, Offers Them Life Insurance by Perfecttouchade: 12:35pm On May 09, 2020
ABEOKUTA – Ogun State Governor, Prince Dapo Abiodun has decorated that his administration has put in place life insurance policy for the State health workers, just has their hazard allowance has been reviewed from 200 to 300 per cent.

The Governor who disclosed this when he met with representatives of health workers in the State at his Office in Oke-Mosan, Abeokuta, said the life policy would have taken off immediately but would wait to go along with the federal government, which is also putting in place similar programme.

“I want to inform you that we have put in place life policy for our health workers. We would have started immediately, but we will wait to go along with the federal government which is also planning similar programme”, he said.

The Governor who noted that his administration was determined to provide adequate health care services to the people, also informed that health worker would be appropriately accommodated in the new minimum wage.

Abiodun said he was impressed with the spirit of negotiation, adding that their requests and resolutions with government was a pointer that they were concern with what was going on in the health sector.

“What transpired was because we have not been engaging each other as much as possible. I am impressed with the spirit of negotiation. Your requests and resolutions point to the fact that our health workers are concerned with what is happening in the health sector”, the Governor noted.

While enumerating efforts of his administration to reform the sector, he said prior to the outbreak of COVID-19 pandemic, rehabilitation of hospitals had commenced with 236 Primary Health Care Centres across the State.

He appealed to the health officers not to allow issues degenerate, but keep communication open with government.

“This pandemic is a surprise to everybody. This happened just as we were beginning to roll out plans for total reform of our health facilities beginning with 236 Primary Health Care Centres. However, I want to assure you that this government is determined to ensure provision of adequate health care for our people”, the Governor promised.

The governor appreciated the health personnel, particularly those tackling the Coronavirus, assuring them that Personal Protective Equipment and other accessories needed to perform their duties effectively, would be made available.

In her remark, the Commissioner for health, Dr. Tomi Coker, described the State health workers as people with passion who are ready to give their all in the sector.

She lauded the governor’s efforts at revamping the sector, saying things are looking up for good.

Speaking, representative of the health workers, Dr. Femi Odubote, lauded the State govenment for addressing their concerns, as all contending issues were adequately trashed out, adding that they would continue to do their best in tackling the COVID-19 pandemic and other health challenges in the State.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/05/ogun-triples-doctors-hazard-allowances-offers-them-life-insurance/

7 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Ogun Triples Doctors Hazard Allowances, Offers Them Life Insurance by Ezennwa(m): 12:36pm On May 09, 2020
hmm!

Commendable.

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: COVID-19: Ogun Triples Doctors Hazard Allowances, Offers Them Life Insurance by taiyesoul(f): 12:59pm On May 09, 2020
Nice initiative. Health workers are on "suicidal" mission at this obstinate period. What Lagos, despite it's billions of naira monthly IGR refused to do is being done.
Kudos to the Ogun State government for this laudable initiative.

9 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Ogun Triples Doctors Hazard Allowances, Offers Them Life Insurance by Nazgul: 12:59pm On May 09, 2020
The should pay it first and doctors should confirm it before I commend them. I'm tired of hearing news like this only to later discover that it wasn't implemented. case study is the new minimum wage. many states are yet to implement it yet credit has been given to the federal government already.

51 Likes 4 Shares

Re: COVID-19: Ogun Triples Doctors Hazard Allowances, Offers Them Life Insurance by meum: 1:00pm On May 09, 2020
The doctors should reciprocate by providing a 300 percent care to patients and also putting the patients lives first.

ogbuefi677:

Na from 5k to 15k oo
shugabasbn:

From 5k to 15k without PPE n oda facilities available. This is just a cheap political score. He should leave hazard allowance at 5k the way it was n provide necessary facilities n PPE not polythene bags they are improvised n see how gladly they work.
These people are simply heartless.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Ogun Triples Doctors Hazard Allowances, Offers Them Life Insurance by GOFRONT(m): 1:00pm On May 09, 2020
Nigeria is not worth dying for!!!......Even if they like make they Fourple, Fiveple or sixple the doctors hazard allowance, Nigeria continue to remain a Joke....

4 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Ogun Triples Doctors Hazard Allowances, Offers Them Life Insurance by Slawormir: 1:00pm On May 09, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Nice

"but we will wait to go along with the federal government which is also planning similar programme”, he said.

See wahalar... Federal government when dey slow when it comes to policy implementation
Slower than injured snail or sloth

10 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Ogun Triples Doctors Hazard Allowances, Offers Them Life Insurance by Nobody: 1:00pm On May 09, 2020
They are saying tripled so we go clap for them abi?
Like say no be 15k allawee again sad

Anyway tell buhari to take back that money he paid us through IPPIS, we don't want it.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Ogun Triples Doctors Hazard Allowances, Offers Them Life Insurance by Discombulator: 1:00pm On May 09, 2020
Commendable

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Ogun Triples Doctors Hazard Allowances, Offers Them Life Insurance by Bossontop(m): 1:00pm On May 09, 2020
Of course they deserve it.....

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: COVID-19: Ogun Triples Doctors Hazard Allowances, Offers Them Life Insurance by Sholaco: 1:00pm On May 09, 2020
Encouraging

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Ogun Triples Doctors Hazard Allowances, Offers Them Life Insurance by iaamxavier(m): 1:01pm On May 09, 2020
Great time to be a doctor in Ogun state

But is it exclusively for doctors
What about Nurses?
Pharmacists? And other health practitioner
**Edited
The topic is misleading it's for all health practitioners

6 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Ogun Triples Doctors Hazard Allowances, Offers Them Life Insurance by Nobody: 1:01pm On May 09, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Nice
Re: COVID-19: Ogun Triples Doctors Hazard Allowances, Offers Them Life Insurance by Flame4chi(m): 1:02pm On May 09, 2020
Good news from my home town. Abeokuta
Re: COVID-19: Ogun Triples Doctors Hazard Allowances, Offers Them Life Insurance by Adeolajude(m): 1:02pm On May 09, 2020
Always reactive and never proactive leaders.so we should start clapping for them now abi...na now u know this importance of workers and remunerations...mtchew

1 Like 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Ogun Triples Doctors Hazard Allowances, Offers Them Life Insurance by punisha: 1:02pm On May 09, 2020
sad

Wasn't this the first thing to do since this whole thing started? People who put their lives on d line daily yet no decent benefits and allowances to motivate them. Why won't they keep running to Australia and Canada?

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Ogun Triples Doctors Hazard Allowances, Offers Them Life Insurance by Astrologyfact: 1:02pm On May 09, 2020
grin they should also give them papa's Facemask,
Please oder your face mask, I now sew due to the impact of the lockdown inbox me to place your oder

Re: COVID-19: Ogun Triples Doctors Hazard Allowances, Offers Them Life Insurance by freelancerrr: 1:02pm On May 09, 2020
Good one.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Ogun Triples Doctors Hazard Allowances, Offers Them Life Insurance by Stanchriss(m): 1:02pm On May 09, 2020
How much was the hazard allowance
before it was tripled?
5k x 3= 15k
Keep making noise

19 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Ogun Triples Doctors Hazard Allowances, Offers Them Life Insurance by Golden057(m): 1:02pm On May 09, 2020
The only country that joke with the most important profession in life -teachers and doctors.
#how-did-we-get-here cry cry

4 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Ogun Triples Doctors Hazard Allowances, Offers Them Life Insurance by Abalado(f): 1:03pm On May 09, 2020
Now u will know that he government has hand in Boko Haram issue, please is there no Boko Haram again in Nigeria or they are dear of corona virus too,,, if government want to do it now, let them take one of the corona virus patient to sambisa forest so that those stupid Boko Haram will get the person and ones either of the Boko Haram has gotten it that's the end for them
Re: COVID-19: Ogun Triples Doctors Hazard Allowances, Offers Them Life Insurance by paulolee(m): 1:03pm On May 09, 2020
good...they need more n extra motivation to keep them going not forgetting prayers too..a Doctor friend in lagos was chatting with me on watsap n saw ma status abt me uploading not knowing or seeing any covid patients around..he sent dt laff emojis and said the only problem they are facing is differenting real covid patient and other sicknesses...dt anybody with running temperature is taken to the hospital as part of suspected covid case and they still keep them even after getting results that its common typhoid or malaria and its not funny...he even said almost half of food stuffs donated to state gov are moved to the hospital to feed this suspected and infected cases and it seems its only lagos that things are moving well and the cases keeps increasing and finally he did a video call with me n i saw real covid infected people for the first time with the oxygen mask and ventilation settings...my people dis covid no be joke o...i jus weep for those states dt are playing politics with it..i jus de pray say maybe na common malaria or typhoid cases them get because if na covid cases...wahala go de xpecially dt northern states dt dnt do autopsy because las las na mysterious deaths go end am....it is well..

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Ogun Triples Doctors Hazard Allowances, Offers Them Life Insurance by composure: 1:03pm On May 09, 2020
U can imagine a time like this, this offer is coming up.

So all this while, those that saves life have no Life assurance themselves.
Re: COVID-19: Ogun Triples Doctors Hazard Allowances, Offers Them Life Insurance by waterhouse071(m): 1:03pm On May 09, 2020
Commendable!!!
Re: COVID-19: Ogun Triples Doctors Hazard Allowances, Offers Them Life Insurance by mondi2: 1:04pm On May 09, 2020
[Weldon my governor
Re: COVID-19: Ogun Triples Doctors Hazard Allowances, Offers Them Life Insurance by PureGoldh(m): 1:05pm On May 09, 2020
Nice one
Re: COVID-19: Ogun Triples Doctors Hazard Allowances, Offers Them Life Insurance by ThatFairGuy: 1:05pm On May 09, 2020
Nice encouragement. When will Kano, (think Lagos has already) and those States with higher cases follow suit?
Re: COVID-19: Ogun Triples Doctors Hazard Allowances, Offers Them Life Insurance by ignis: 1:06pm On May 09, 2020
Buhari and his advisers won't think towards this direction.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Ogun Triples Doctors Hazard Allowances, Offers Them Life Insurance by wunmi590(m): 1:06pm On May 09, 2020
I commend the speech of the most incompetent governor in the whole of south west.

I won't commend him, not until the medical doctors start receiving the alert.

But wait, from N5000 to how much. Oh Lord have mercy.

God knows that I can't be a medical doctor and still be languishing in this country I swear.

A friend of mine who we graduated together is now a US army with only his SSCE, he didn't even bother collecting his certificate before jetting out.

#Stupid politicians
#Stupid government
#Stupid ruler

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Ogun Triples Doctors Hazard Allowances, Offers Them Life Insurance by Jh0wsef(m): 1:07pm On May 09, 2020
Hmmm

I've been mentioning, things are not getting friendly at all
Day by day. New cases arise. The lockdown might seem to continue, DON'T BE IDLE IN YOUR HOMES!
learn a skill today! Be a creative designer and earn!

Join the Ongoing Creative Designers Masterclass Today!
More info here

https://www.nairaland.com/5751671/covid-19-why-sit-home-nothing#87701486
Re: COVID-19: Ogun Triples Doctors Hazard Allowances, Offers Them Life Insurance by gbebodye(f): 1:07pm On May 09, 2020
Unusual

undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Lack Of Sleep Can Affect Your Health. / COVID-19: Rapid Test Kits Banned In Nigeria - FG / PLEASE SAVE MY MOTHERS LIFE SHE'S NOW ON DIALYSIS MACHINE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.