Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,579 members, 7,837,190 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:26 PM

I Need Help - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Need Help (782 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Help by Nobody: 5:52pm On May 09, 2020
Pls I need advice on what to do
I have daughter who is 14months old, though I'm not legally married but I and my daughter's dad live in together, and yesterday will be the third time he is physically abusing me that I almost passed out, he choked me and hit our daughter feeding flask on my head and beat me. Now, when I called his mom to reported what happened,she asked me to pack my things back inside, that she knows of a woman that her husband beat regularly And still she's still with her husband,that next time he want to beat me I should run outside,and if I decides to leave ,I should leave and if I take my daughter along she will fight me,that if I don't want her anger I shouldn't take my daughter.... Now my problem now is I can't leave my child for them,as I'm typing I'm weak and tired from all the beating, I'm 26years,I can't continue this way,cos I don't know how long this will continue
Re: I Need Help by Olachase(m): 6:00pm On May 09, 2020
my sister did u marry a smoker if yes pls park ur things and leave Mk he no go kill u for night.
Re: I Need Help by Graxie(f): 6:13pm On May 09, 2020
You are not legally married, why not leave to your parents house? Do you want him to kill you? No matter how disappointed your parents might be, a living child is better than a dead child. Please leave!!! You can leave with your daughter.

4 Likes

Re: I Need Help by naijacutee(f): 7:26pm On May 09, 2020
Ok, I think God is trying to save you. Please do not resist. Get financially stable and leave or this man will kill you, and the people you do not want to raise your daughter will end up raising her.

Even if you were legally married to this man, I would suggest that you walk out. Domestic violence should not be tolerated under any cirumstances. He will kill you.

What do you benefit from him that you cannot get yourself? Besides, women who are older than you and with more children than you have restarted their lives successfully. Look around, start a business, get yourself financially stable and leave!

Call the Mirabel Centre, they deal with rape cases but they may be able to point you in the right direction.

THE MIRABEL CENTRE
Lagos State University Teaching Hospital (LASUTH), Ikeja, Lagos
Managed by Partnership for Justice
Tel: 08155770000, 07013491769, 08187243468, 01-2957816
www.pjnigeria.org
sarc@pjnigeria.org,
partners@pjnigeria.org,
partners4justice@yahoo.com

2 Likes

Re: I Need Help by Donald3d(m): 8:23pm On May 09, 2020
I responded to you on your other thread, please read it

1 Like

Re: I Need Help by Nobody: 8:32pm On May 09, 2020
naijacutee:
Ok, I think God is trying to save you. Please do not resist. Get financially stable and leave or this man will kill you, and the people you do not want to raise your daughter will end up raising her.

Even if you were legally married to this man, I would suggest that you walk out. Domestic violence should not be tolerated under any cirumstances. He will kill you.

What do you benefit from him that you cannot get yourself? Besides, women who are older than you and with more children than you have restarted their lives successfully. Look around, start a business, get yourself financially stable and leave!

Call the Mirabel Centre, they deal with rape cases but they may be able to point you in the right direction.

THE MIRABEL CENTRE
Lagos State University Teaching Hospital (LASUTH), Ikeja, Lagos
Managed by Partnership for Justice
Tel: 08155770000, 07013491769, 08187243468, 01-2957816
www.pjnigeria.org
sarc@pjnigeria.org,
partners@pjnigeria.org,
partners4justice@yahoo.com

Thanks sir
Re: I Need Help by Nobody: 8:33pm On May 09, 2020
Donald3d:
I responded to you on your other thread, please read it
OK sir
Re: I Need Help by PuZZyNegro: 7:23am On May 10, 2020
Chidebless111:
I have daughter who is 14months old, though I'm not legally married but I and my daughter's dad live in together, and yesterday will be the third time he is physically abusing me that I almost passed out, I choked me and hit my out daughter feeding flask on my head and beat me. Now when I called his mom to reported what happened,she asked me to pack my things back inside, that she knows of a woman that her husband beat regularly And still she's still with her husband,that next time he want to beat me I should run outside,and if I decides to leave ,I should leave and if I take my daughter along she will fight me,that if I don't want her anger I shouldn't take my daughter.... Now my problem now is I can't leave my child for them,as I'm typing I'm weak and tired from all the beating, I'm 26years,I can't continue this way,cos I don't know how long this will continue

No pity given. You guys like them "bad guys". They are manly and can protect you. Deal with your cross

3 Likes

Re: I Need Help by Resurgent2016: 10:18am On May 10, 2020
You're in a wrong relationship, exit as soon as possible. With a child of less than one year, you'll almost certainly get custody with your partner only getting visiting rights.

As for tour partner's mother, why do you even consider her opinion on the issue? She has almost no say in the issue.

2 Likes

Re: I Need Help by Nobody: 10:29am On May 10, 2020
Resurgent2016:
You're in a wrong relationship, exit as soon as possible. With a child of less than one year, you'll almost certainly get custody with your partner only getting visiting rights.

As for tour partner's mother, why do you even consider her opinion on the issue? She has almost no say in the issue.

Thank you. My daughter is a year 2months, I only called his mom to reported him .
Re: I Need Help by LadySarah: 10:32am On May 10, 2020
So the mofo continued from where his father stopped. Those men who only show their strength on a woman but is humbled when another man threatens.

Carry your daughter and go home and face another stress since you aren't even legally married.

Tell them you will leave with your child. You have to be alive!

2 Likes

Re: I Need Help by Resurgent2016: 10:38am On May 10, 2020
Chidebless111:

Thank you. My daughter is a year 2months, I only called his mom to reported him .

The earlier you leave the better for your. In your next relationship, don't take any shortcut.

Until a man shows you he values you by doing the necessary marital rites, both families getting to know each other well and both families reaching a clear understanding of how they expect their daughter treated by the other family, don't move in to live with such person, whether you have a child or not together. Imagine the rubbish your partner's mother is saying?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Need Help by Houseofglam7(f): 12:33pm On May 10, 2020
LEAVE!!!!!
I’m sure you don’t wanna die at 26?
Coz if you continue to stay there, it won’t be flask tomorrow, he’ll legit crack open your skull like an egg!
Sorry but your ‘almost mother in law’ is mad.
You ain’t even married to this pisshead and you’re confused on what to do? Even if you were married to him, domestic violence is a good ground to take a fuqin walk!
I feel like bitch slapping you right now!!!!! angry

1 Like

Re: I Need Help by Nobody: 3:37pm On May 10, 2020
Olachase:
my sister did u marry a smoker if yes pls park ur things and leave Mk he no go kill u for night.
Yes,he smoke sometimes...how do you know?
Re: I Need Help by ayshacom: 8:50am On Jun 02, 2020
Hi, I don't know wether your parents are alive? If alive, I don't know your current relationship with them. Anyway if they are alive go back to them and treat them well even if they maltreat you more than this guy.

Be good to them, help them, be patient with them. God will turn your life for good by His Grace.
If they are dead still pray for them.

Ask God to forgive you because living with him without marriage is a SIN in the first place.

The experience you have now shows that you've to be serious, give yourself to God, get into business and developed yourself. If any man needs you, let him do the right thing. And let him also be serious, business minded and not a rough guy. Change yourself first, you will meet your type. Birds of a feather flock together....! Leave this guy for good!!!

1 Like

Re: I Need Help by ZzZzzzzzzzzzzzz: 8:57am On Jun 02, 2020
In your next relationship don't take a shortcut
Re: I Need Help by craleonic: 5:55pm On Jun 02, 2020
Leave and take your daughter with you. No one can take your daughter from you.

2 Likes

Re: I Need Help by Foodqueen(f): 6:25pm On Jun 02, 2020
Na who de alive them de fight.
If her son kill u, she won't see u to fight.

Call ur parent and explain everything to them.

Go back home.

2 Likes

Re: I Need Help by akaahs(m): 7:15pm On Jun 02, 2020
Chidebless111:

Yes,he smoke sometimes...how do you know?
Someone is commenting based on experience, U are still asking. U better pack out of that house to unknown and secure place before he kills you. I wonder how U girls still fall for anything under trouser.

1 Like

Re: I Need Help by MuttleyLaff: 10:00pm On Jun 27, 2020
Chidebless111:
I have daughter who is 14months old, though I'm not legally married but I and my daughter's dad live in together, and yesterday will be the third time he is physically abusing me that I almost passed out, he choked me and hit our daughter feeding flask on my head and beat me. Now, when I called his mom to reported what happened,she asked me to pack my things back inside, that she knows of a woman that her husband beat regularly And still she's still with her husband,that next time he want to beat me I should run outside,and if I decides to leave ,I should leave and if I take my daughter along she will fight me,that if I don't want her anger I shouldn't take my daughter.... Now my problem now is I can't leave my child for them,as I'm typing I'm weak and tired from all the beating, I'm 26years,I can't continue this way,cos I don't know how long this will continue

Nephilim:
Eeyah Pele dear ar.. Next time don't talk back to your husby o, some men don't appreciate it, and since they know they are stronger na beating you dey go resort to.. Anyway I wish you all the best, na una know wer una meet una sef.

MuttleyLaff:
That is no man. That is a brute, I am sorry using blunt and frank words describing OP's not a better half.

Does the brute beat himself huh? Of course he doesn't, so if he loves himself that much not beat himself up, why then is the mofo beating up, not an ordinary female, but his supposedly partner he loves angry angry angry

Here's the help you asked for. I don't give a rat's arse for that submissive malarkey advice someone earlier gave. Submissiveness is a two way street. When in a relationship, you are asked to submit yourselves to one another. It isn't a one sided expectation. Now here's my advice. You will from now on try as much as possible not to irk your partner. Then asap, find a right moment to get him down for a sit talk, where you would tell him that let the beating incident be the last time he ever raises his hand to hit or beat you. Of course, set the tone right for this occasion, tidy up and have the whole home cleaned up, cooking a scrumptious dinner with a set up a romantic feel in the air. Before the dinner, you would have had a good perfumed bath, look seductively attractive, that after the dinner, it's going to be to the other room for business. Give him the best time of his life between the sheet, once he come back to earth from cloud seven, this is when you'll bold face lay down the new rules, that no more physical assault and that if it should repeat itself, you're out of the door with your child, and he'll be granted visiting rights.

Now before all those, you of course, you'll have to go find out where the nearest battered wives/domestic violence refuge centre in your locality is. Have their contacts with you, should in case, this brute decides to, in the future relapse into beating you again.

Another thing is using foul and contemptible words like "oloriburuku" which loosely translated means, "a good for nothing someone". No, no, no, this is totally out of order, for him to disrespect your parents, his potentially future parent-in-laws like that. You're 26 years old, but we don't know your status. Don't know yours and this brute's academic qualifications, your and his employment conditions et cetera. It seems there is real and genuine love lacking on the side of this brute. He also feels it is right to lift up his hand against a fellow human being, especially if its a live in female partner

I cant emphasise this loud enough, you have to let the brute know that, if he should ever lay his finger on you again, it is the end of the relationship. Period.

If you want to discuss this further and in private. Contact me offline.

(1) (Reply)

Order For Your Bedsheets And Get It Delivered At Your Door Step / Ahmed Musa And Wife Celebrate Anniversary In Grand Style (pictures) / What Does It Mean To Have A Dream 3 Times That A Wife Left Her Husband ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.