Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,835 members, 7,824,475 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 10:56 AM

I Need Help On Oha Ibo Soup - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / I Need Help On Oha Ibo Soup (2261 Views)

A Picture Of Vincent Enyeama Cooking Okro Soup / How Can I Prepare Oha Soup. What Are The Ingridients / Oha Soup : My Favourite! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Help On Oha Ibo Soup by sagacious(f): 11:03am On Jan 13, 2011
Please professional cooks in the house, please I need the procedure and ingredient of cooking Oha soup
Re: I Need Help On Oha Ibo Soup by tjskii(f): 2:47pm On Jan 16, 2011
ingredients:

1)crayfish
2)meat
3)stockfish
4)palmoil
5)oha leaves
6)ogiri(the really smelly ones,thyr usually wrapped in layers of leaves)
7)uziza leaves
coolsmoked fish
9)cocoyam paste/yam paste(some ple use achi or soup thickner,but in my opinion it doesn't give the right taste)
10)kpomo
11)dry pepper
12)knorr cubes

Directions:

boil ur meat and stockfish together, season well,cos the stock is the foundation for ur soup,add in ur crayfish,smoked fish,kpomo,dry pepper,ogirri,maggi and

palmoil,leave to boil for about 5-10 minutes. Boil a little quantity of cocoyam or yam and mash them together,preferably in a mortar. Mould your paste in to

balls and add them in to your pot of soup(this thickens the soup,in the case of cocoyam,it usually melts in to the soup,but when using yam,it sometimes still

remains whole,so after your soup is done,you can take it out),leave to simmer for a while,then add your uziza leaves(just a very little quantity,it gives the

soup a certain tang), shred your oha leaves in to the mixture,leave to simmer for about five minutes and your oha soup is ready to eat
Re: I Need Help On Oha Ibo Soup by Nobody: 11:02pm On Jan 16, 2011
hmm, so tjiskii is light-complexioned, pretty, gots big yansh
AND can cook! yummy kiss
Re: I Need Help On Oha Ibo Soup by tjskii(f): 1:42pm On Jan 17, 2011
^^^lol, funny man cheesy cheesy
Re: I Need Help On Oha Ibo Soup by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jan 18, 2011
to add my own little contribution, i think the taste comes out better when you use palm fruits instead of palm oil but that takes longer time but worth ur while @ d end cool
Re: I Need Help On Oha Ibo Soup by sagacious(f): 2:59pm On Jan 19, 2011
Thanks so much I appreciate this,

(1) (Reply)

Where Can I Get (silica Gel) BK-75 And BK-185. / Name The Best Red Wine You Have Ever Taken / 7 Foods To Super Charge Your Brain Power.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.