Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,669 members, 7,816,750 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:22 PM

How I Stopped My Children From Collecting Thing From Strangers - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How I Stopped My Children From Collecting Thing From Strangers (982 Views)

I Finally Took My Children For DNA Test (part 2) / My Dead Uncle's Wife Needs Children From Me / Francisco Tchikuteny Sabalo Dead: Angolan Man Who Had 281 Children From 47 Wives (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Stopped My Children From Collecting Thing From Strangers by MOORCHMOORE(m): 4:56pm On May 11, 2020
This is how I stopped my Son 5yrs and Daughter 3yrs from collecting and begging stranger to buy things for them.
I remembered a day I went downstairs with my daughter just to chill with my compound neighbors. I met a strange guy with some of my neighbors, we all greeted and I sat down and chat with them. After a while I went upstairs to do something and come down again, just to discovered my daughter was no were in the compound. I ask and was told she went to the shop next to my compound with the strange guy I saw in my compound. I rushed out to find her and behold my daughter coming back alone with a pack of big size cheese ball open and she’s already munching. I wanted to warn the boy but I had to control myself and thank, after all I made the mistake of not taking her upstairs. I gave her punishment for that. Before then my wife had told me how they beg for things we can afford. She won’t eat noodles and egg well but once a stranger is eating it she pick interest.

My Action.
I was on video call with my wife when my son and daughter pop in their head to see and talk to me because I work from another state. Then I notice a healing boil on my daughter’s side temple. When I came home for the weekend and was chilling with my family. I ask my son what happened to your sister and he said no idea. I then told him its because she always beg people for cheese ball, biscuit etc. he was so surprised and was like so if I don’t ask people to give me something to eat it will not happen and I affirmed it (a necessary deception).

The Result.
My son and daughter are used to surrounding me whenever am eating meal. But since then I notice both of them are seriously minding their businesses. Since then I have never heard my wife complain about the bad attitude again. Seeing how they refutes my meal request, my mother in-law can’t stop laughing, I had to beg her not to let them see it as a deception.

My Advise.
If you are finding it hard to stop them from begging, try out my method. If you have better method or idea kindly share it, let’s stop our children from embarrassing us.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Stopped My Children From Collecting Thing From Strangers by Davash222(m): 4:57pm On May 11, 2020
Just like that

You can't tell children of 80s and 90s this fairy tale and expect them to believe you. It took belt, resounding slaps, and punishments to stop me from begging people for anything.

Children of these days are too soft.

1 Like

Re: How I Stopped My Children From Collecting Thing From Strangers by bukatyne(f): 5:01pm On May 11, 2020
MOORCHMOORE:
This is how I stopped my Son 5yrs and Daughter 3yrs from collecting and begging stranger to buy things for them.
I remembered a day I went downstairs with my daughter just to chill with my compound neighbors. I met a strange guy with some of my neighbors, we all greeted and I sat down and chat with them. After a while I went upstairs to do something and come down again, just to discovered my daughter was no were in the compound. I ask and was told she went to the shop next to my compound with the strange guy I saw in my compound. I rushed out to find her and behold my daughter coming back alone with a pack of big size cheese ball open and she’s already munching. I wanted to warn the boy but I had to control myself and thank, after all I made the mistake of not taking her upstairs. I gave her punishment for that. Before then my wife had told me how they beg for things we can afford. She won’t eat noodles and egg well but once a stranger is eating it she pick interest.

My Action.
I was on video call with my wife when my son and daughter pop in their head to see and talk to me because I work from another state. Then I notice a healing boil on my daughter’s side temple. When I came home for the weekend and was chilling with my family. I ask my son what happened to your sister and he said no idea. I then told him its because she always beg people for cheese ball, biscuit etc. he was so surprised and was like so if I don’t ask people to give me something to eat it will not happen and I affirmed it (a necessary deception).

The Result.
My son and daughter are used to surrounding me whenever am eating meal. But since then I notice both of them are seriously minding their businesses. Since then I have never heard my wife complain about the bad attitude again. Seeing how they refutes my meal request, my mother in-law can’t stop laughing, I had to beg her not to let them see it as a deception.

My Advise.
If you are finding it hard to stop them from begging, try out my method. If you have better method or idea kindly share it, let’s stop our children from embarrassing us.

Good one.

Although, I think you need to ask why they do that and correct from the root.

The day they discover you were lying to them, they can go back to the bad habit which is very dangerous.

1 Like

Re: How I Stopped My Children From Collecting Thing From Strangers by Vulcanheph(m): 5:20pm On May 11, 2020
This thread Reminded me of an incident that happened to me a long time ago when i was a kid (about 6-7 Years old)......whenever i was returning from school there used to be a particular man who used buy me Biscuits and when i told my Mum about it she told me not to accept anymore......but i never stopped collecting it because the man usually paid for the Biscuit in the shop and didn't remove it from his Pocket or Bag, i knew i had nothing to fear, and still continued Enjoyin free Biscuit...... I think the man just liked me naturally.
Re: How I Stopped My Children From Collecting Thing From Strangers by serverconnect(m): 5:37pm On May 11, 2020
It is good to have a nice parents.
Re: How I Stopped My Children From Collecting Thing From Strangers by Donald3d(m): 8:52pm On May 11, 2020
My mom used an awesome strategy.
She always warned me about collecting stuff, then she devised a new strategy especially when birthday gifts are shared in class.
She would caution/admonish me to always bring them home, then she would buy the exact stuff shared to me and throw the one I brought from school away. grin grin grin

Re: How I Stopped My Children From Collecting Thing From Strangers by jeff1607(m): 4:16am On May 12, 2020
Davash222:
Just like that

You can't tell children of 80s and 90s this fairy tale and expect them to believe you. It took belt, resounding slaps, and punishments to stop me from begging people for anything.

bros this your own strong o
Re: How I Stopped My Children From Collecting Thing From Strangers by Nobody: 9:16am On May 12, 2020
grin
Davash222:
Just like that

This had me rolling on the floor.

(1) (Reply)

Men Should Undergo Vasectomy For Family Planning - Facebook Feminist / My Sanity Is At Risk. Help!!! / Why You Should Employ Your Wife To Work For You•

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.