Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,114 members, 7,860,029 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 12:33 AM

How I Overcame My Fear Of Speaking&talked To Over 1500 Persons - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How I Overcame My Fear Of Speaking&talked To Over 1500 Persons (219 Views)

Fear Of Sacking Hits NDLEA, Code Of Conduct Bureau, Others / CBN Staff: We Are Living In Fear Of Sack / How I Overcame My Stubborn Addiction- Johnspeak Uwangue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How I Overcame My Fear Of Speaking&talked To Over 1500 Persons by AptSpeaker(m): 8:16pm On May 11, 2020
The audience is clapping. As you climb the stairs, you place your leg, firmly, slowly, one step at a time, because you feel at any moment, you would slip and fall.

Somehow, you miraculously make it through the steps and now you are walking across, to the center of the stage, where you are to deliver your speech.

They are seated now, the audience, waiting quietly for you to begin, but you, your mind; its hyperactive and racing, the thumping in your chest is so loud you know the person at the far end exit could hear you.

You stop at the center of the stage, but your legs don’t, they tremble, making you press the balls of your feet hard against the elevated stage. They stop to quake for a bit, as if hearing your plight as you force them into a tense stationary strain.

But, the beads of sweat on your temple have collected now, and begin to dribble down your face in pools. You dab at them furiously, the audience’s gaze riveted on you. Best not to keep them waiting now.

You try to speak, but you can’t seem to remember your rehearsed speech; it’s all blank. As you try frantically to recollect, your legs notice the pickle you are in, they break free of the strain you impose, and begin to shake ever so fiercely, like the wings of a buzzing bee.

The audience now is part frowning, part sympathetic. You try to blurt out something, anything, but it comes out in short, incoherent quaking bursts. Your heart is palpitating, your legs trembling, your voice breaking.

You rattle off what little your foggy, empty brain could muster and dash off the stage amidst sneers and boos from the audience, swearing never to broach the topic of public speaking or touch a microphone on a stage with a ten-foot pole, ever.

Does this sound like you? Have you ever had such horrific and humiliating experience standing frozen like a deer in headlights in front of an audience? Well, I have and I can tell you, it was sickening, to say the least.

If this sounds like you, RELAX and LISTEN!

This article, is the first in a series that is bent, on not only helping you dispel stage fright, but in showing you the intricate skills of preparing a killer presentation, holding your audience’s attention and having them glued to their seats until the end of your presentation.

Stay tuned to this thread as I walk you through the easy route of public speaking.

To be continued...
Re: How I Overcame My Fear Of Speaking&talked To Over 1500 Persons by ekwerendi(m): 8:25pm On May 11, 2020
Kudos
Re: How I Overcame My Fear Of Speaking&talked To Over 1500 Persons by AptSpeaker(m): 8:48pm On May 11, 2020
ekwerendi:
Kudos

Thank you. Stay tuned for more tips

(1) (Reply)

. / Take Your Business And Services Online, Live On Advert.ng / $300,000 In 100 Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.