Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,330 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:50 PM

15 Businesses You Should Start While In College - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 15 Businesses You Should Start While In College (644 Views)

15 Businesses And Their Business Plans / 10 Businesses You Can Start With N100,000 / I Know 20 Businesses You Can Start With 100k – Boda Lanre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

15 Businesses You Should Start While In College by swankmee(f): 11:19am On May 12, 2020
Being in college can be both fun and educative of course you know that. However the other thing you do not know about is that you can earn your own money even while still in college. Don't worry, it won't affect your learning or your grades. I'm going to be sharing how you can balance college and business together much later.

Starting up a business in college doesn't necessarily require much start-up because you are just starting out small. While in school, I have had the opportunity to study college start-ups and I discovered that most of the businesses run in college require little or no money to venture out. Eventually when I began my freelance writing business, I discovered that you do not need to have an outrageous budget to get you started out.

A lot of students like you do not know that you can start up while in college and quite a number of you aren't aware of the kind of business you can venture into as a student. You want to be a collegepreneur? I've got a long list of what you can do or run while in college. So let's get right to business;

15 businesses you can start while in college;
Freelance writer

I am a freelance writer and I'm in the best position to tell you about this thriving business. I've also had experiences with medical students who do freelancing writing for a living. You don't need to be an English student to write. All you need to do is to know the basics of writing and be ready to upgrade yourself with time. You can get writing jobs on freelance sites like; fiver, upwork, guru, freelancer etc. Stay tuned. I will be sharing articles more on this.

Blogger

In this category, you own your own blog and call the shots. I mean, you can choose great niche that interests you or you feel comfortable with. Then you gradually begin to work on building up an audience through posting contents and sharing them on social media. There are so many blogging niche you can pick from. You can be a pet blogger, food blogger, fashion blogger etc.

Also see; 3 Big Reasons Why You Should Start A Business In College
Social media influencer

You can become an influencer by building your social media handles so that you have large amount of followers. With this, you can work with companies and become brand ambassadors, advertising their products on your page. comedy, making analysis are great ways to start out and create your own community.

Social media manager

It's another great one. There are people who have no or fair knowledge of how the social media works. So you can start out by offering social media services to those in need of it.

Graphic designer

If you have learnt the skill of designing flyers or book covers and the likes, you can earn enough with this skill. There are companies/individuals that are in need of someone who can design their product bronchures, greeting cards, book covers etc.

Web designer

You could also render services that has to do with designing and creating a website. If you are skilled in this, it doesn't cost much to start.

Also see; 5 SECRETS TO HELP BUILD YOUR AMBITION; LESSONS TO LEARN FROM THE BIBLICAL CHARACTER ABSALOM
Baker

Starting out as a baker isn't difficult. You simply need the basic skills that has to with baking of simple cakes, snacks and decoration. Most times, students need cakes for one event or the other so you will earn much with this.

Affiliate marketer/E-commerce reseller

This has to do with owning an online retail outlet or social media page and resell some of the products on Amazon, or eBay. This might require you to have a good technique of marketing and some little money for digital marketing.

Read more; https://theyouthblog.com/2020/05/12/15-businesses-you-should-start-while-in-college/
Re: 15 Businesses You Should Start While In College by Holumhidey(m): 11:44am On May 12, 2020
Yahoo......
Re: 15 Businesses You Should Start While In College by swankmee(f): 2:29pm On May 12, 2020
Holumhidey:
Yahoo......

That's the problem with most young people. We want a 'get rich quick scheme' bro pay the price and work towards achieving a positive goal
Re: 15 Businesses You Should Start While In College by Petrodirect: 1:22pm On May 13, 2020
Good

(1) (Reply)

Join,trade/invest With Trading Company,earn Good Profit Weekly,get Loan / Make Money With Global Alat / Need Lesotho Paypal Proof Of Address Verification

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.