Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,568 members, 7,861,712 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 05:32 PM

Siasia- I 'll Never Speak With Onuoha Again - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Siasia- I 'll Never Speak With Onuoha Again (1010 Views)

El-rufai, Mikel, Siasia,Ighalo Win At Bet9ja Pitch Awards / Nedum Onuoha Left With Nasty Cut By Teammate (pics) / Siasia: I Have No Problem With Iheanacho Snub (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Siasia- I 'll Never Speak With Onuoha Again by aloyemeka1: 9:59pm On Jan 13, 2011
'Says I 'll never speak with Onuoha again'

Thursday, January 13, 2011

HEAD Coach of the Super Eagles, Samson Siasia has resolved not to speak with Manchester City player, Nedum Onuoha, again on the issue of making the defender to play for Nigeria.

http://odili.net/news/source/2011/jan/13/623.html

Siasia according to SuperSport was fed up with the uncompromising attitude of the England U-21 star during a recent telephone conversation.

The US '94 hero stated that the on-loan player from Sunderland is not ready to honour the national call up.

"I called Nedum (Onuoha) to know if he wants to play for Nigeria and the only thing he said to me was that he should be left out of the next game (of the Nigerian national team). He didn't answer my question and that is a serious disrespect I must say because we feel he is a good player.

"I did not bang the phone on anybody. Until he decides to call me and tell me that he is interested in playing for this country, I will never call him anymore.

"There are a number of players out there that we are also looking at. But it was important that we opened contact with Nedum. So it is now left for him to make a decision," said the Beijing 2008 Olympic silver medallist.

Meanwhile, Siasia has also held talks with Wigan's striker, Victor Moses and Newcastle United forward, Shola Ameobi.

Onuoha has been a talking point in the plans to bolster Nigeria's defence in the past two years.
Re: Siasia- I 'll Never Speak With Onuoha Again by montelik(m): 10:22pm On Jan 13, 2011
Sia wetin happen? I thought we were going to focus on our home based players grin.
Re: Siasia- I 'll Never Speak With Onuoha Again by 12large1: 10:46pm On Jan 13, 2011
na now u know look the the impression u have given onuoha now dat u goin to call ameobi. in 5years time when england has dumped you nigetia would still call u back
Re: Siasia- I 'll Never Speak With Onuoha Again by enomakos(m): 12:38pm On Jan 14, 2011
forget the guy
Re: Siasia- I 'll Never Speak With Onuoha Again by OlaRay4(m): 4:00pm On Jan 14, 2011
Nedum ==>>> Anichebe after the world cup saga?

"I warned you"

So do you blame the player after the way they treated Victor Anichebe
Re: Siasia- I 'll Never Speak With Onuoha Again by 1025: 4:27pm On Jan 14, 2011
if any nigerian player refused to come and play for this useless country, i will never ever blame that one.
chinedu ogbuke injured himself playing for nigeria in the SA2010 and was out for 4 months, non of those idiots eating the funds or even the coaching crew cared to make an ordinary phone call to the guy to ask how are u doing.
ghanian president had to flew to uk just to know how essien was managing his injury. now tell me why a ghanian player will not honour national calls with all determinations?
Re: Siasia- I 'll Never Speak With Onuoha Again by manuch(m): 12:35pm On Jan 15, 2011
@MONTELIK

Stop living in the past. football has moved on how many countries just rely on home based. move on with the times man
Re: Siasia- I 'll Never Speak With Onuoha Again by aloyemeka1: 10:54pm On Jan 16, 2011
Make una no curse the guy abeg. Nigeria is not worth risking your career for. You only agree to work for them when there is something to gain from it.

(1) (Reply)

Is Javier Hernandez The New Ole Gunner Solksjaer For The Red Devils? / Picture: Rio Ferdinand Meets Chinese Film Star Chrissie Chau / That Nigeria Vs India Match

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.