Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,460 members, 7,816,079 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:57 AM

Best Sounding Production Cars(w/pictures) - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Best Sounding Production Cars(w/pictures) (4245 Views)

I'm to Choose b/w 2002 Lexus ES300 and 2011 Hyundai Elantra; Help me decide / Toyota Camry Tiny Light Pencil 1999 Vs Toyota Corolla Model, 2004 W / 11 Of The Biggest Production Cars That Was Unveiled In 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Best Sounding Production Cars(w/pictures) by gremp(m): 4:39pm On May 13, 2020
I created this thread for people to post the cars they feel are their best sounding cars.
Please if you want to post your favorite, add some sample pictures.
Re: Best Sounding Production Cars(w/pictures) by gremp(m): 5:00pm On May 13, 2020
I'll start with one of my favorites...

Do you know what happens when a car company (Lexus) and a sound company (Yamaha) comes together to create an engine?
A bouncing fully grown Lexus LFA is born.
Made from December 2010 to December 2012 with only 500 made cry .
A Naturally Aspirated 4.8 L 1LR-GUE even-firing V10 pushing 412–420 kW (553–563 hp; 560–571 PS) through a 6-speed Aisin SA6 automated manual.
0-62mph(100km/h) in 3.7 seconds.
That's is one of the best sounding V10 out there, when it screams, it screams like a V10 Formula One car and reliably ( looking at you Lamborghini Aventador).
It had a base price for $375,000 but it's going for above $400k right now.
This is most likely the last of it's kind due to strict emission and sound laws, even Lamborghini and Ferrari are dropping Naturally Aspirated engines for turbocharged hybrids....sigh...(Don't worry planet Earth we'll try our best).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9qYCUjrrYs
cry....

2 Likes

Re: Best Sounding Production Cars(w/pictures) by CarGuideNGR: 5:17pm On May 13, 2020
Pagani Huayra

Rear mid engine, RWD successor to the Zonda/R

2 door coupe + 2 door roadster

6.0 L twin-turbocharged Mercedes-AMG V12

720 - 827 HP (Coupe/Roadster/BC Edition)

Maxes out at 238 mph, 0-60 mph in 2.8 seconds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3MYuHzHIBw

Fun fact -

Named after Huayra-tata, a Quechua (Peruvian/Ecuadorian) god of wind.

1 Like

Re: Best Sounding Production Cars(w/pictures) by gremp(m): 5:24pm On May 13, 2020
CarGuideNGR:
Pagani Huayra

Rear mid engine, RWD successor to the Zonda/R

2 door coupe + 2 door roadster

6.0 L twin-turbocharged Mercedes-AMG V12

720 - 827 HP (Coupe/Roadster/BC Edition)

Maxes out at 238 mph, 0-60 mph in 2.8 seconds

So you want to steal my thread cheesy grin , see how you presented it like a buffet shocked grin . I love the huayra, not popular among non-car people which means it's special, the sound is kiss , but all those Naturally Aspirated engines got me tingling sometimes wink.

1 Like

Re: Best Sounding Production Cars(w/pictures) by HeavenlyBang(m): 5:48pm On May 13, 2020
Ford Shelby Mustang GT350.

5.2L V8.
Great sound is due to the flat-plane crank design, which Ferrari also uses.
526 HP.
Starts at $60k.
0-60 in 4.0s.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCLw_hmLp00

1 Like

Re: Best Sounding Production Cars(w/pictures) by HeavenlyBang(m): 5:49pm On May 13, 2020
The LFA is definitely number one, though.

Did you know that Toyota built the engine in collaboration with Yamaha (a company famous for building pianos)? It's one of the reasons why it sounds so good.

The LFA's V10 revs to over 9000 rpm, and does so in less than 0.6s. It revs so fast that analogy tachometers couldn't keep up, so Toyota had to use a digital one.

Jeremy Clarkson, perhaps the greatest automobile journalist of the century who's driven right about every supercar of note, said the Lexus LFA is the best car he's ever driven. It doesn't get better than that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EigaoIHj2fo

1 Like

Re: Best Sounding Production Cars(w/pictures) by HeavenlyBang(m): 5:54pm On May 13, 2020
Great thread, btw. I'm a sucker for exhausts. wink

1 Like

Re: Best Sounding Production Cars(w/pictures) by Bjornson01(m): 6:25pm On May 13, 2020
Are we forgetting the jaguar F type v8 angry

1 Like

Re: Best Sounding Production Cars(w/pictures) by HeavenlyBang(m): 6:32pm On May 13, 2020
Bjornson01:

Meet the Jaguar F-Type SVR.
Widely regarded as one of the best sounding cars on the market. The V6 is also excellent.
No idea what kind of magic Jaguar used on the exhaust systems of the cars. Even the four cylinder sounds great.

Supercharged 5.0L V8.
575 HP.
$123k

0-60 in 3.5s.
Top speed? 200 MPH.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9CYc3M0DVk

Just a ridiculous, ridiculous exhaust note.

1 Like

Re: Best Sounding Production Cars(w/pictures) by gremp(m): 7:00pm On May 13, 2020
HeavenlyBang:
Great thread, btw. I'm a sucker for exhausts. wink

Thanks, There's something just pleasing about great exhaust notes ....sigh...
Re: Best Sounding Production Cars(w/pictures) by gremp(m): 7:05pm On May 13, 2020
Bjornson01:

Ahhhh ahhh, who are we to forget about it naa, its sound is kiss , but I still have mixed feelings about the newest generation... Maybe I'll love it later on.

1 Like

Re: Best Sounding Production Cars(w/pictures) by gremp(m): 7:43pm On May 13, 2020
Are you a Christian?

Have you always wanted to hear the sound of tortured demons but could not??

Introducing the Dodge Challenger SRT hellcat Redeye, with this car you can hear that lovely sound anytime you rev it or take it for a drive.
Powered by a supercharged 6.2L V8 rated at 797 hp (594 kW; 808 PS) and 707 lb⋅ft (959 N⋅m) of torque (and some captured demons wink ), it'll propel you to 60mph in 3.6 seconds.
I so so so love that supercharger whine cry .
Nigerians, know that it's not only AMG that does great, enjoyable and assessable performance cars angry .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytM37G18qXo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjJfkSH6ugg

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Best Sounding Production Cars(w/pictures) by HeavenlyBang(m): 8:36pm On May 13, 2020
Another one of my dream cars.

Here's the W204 C63. It doesn't have as much torque as the W205 C63, and the exhaust note isn't quite as attention-catching, but nothing still beats a big naturally aspirated V8. Turbos essentially act as a muffler, and the W204 C63 had none. Just pure, undiluted displacement.

It's called a C63 and has a 6.3L badge on it, but it's actually a 6.2L V8. The glorious M156.

451 HP, although it maxes out at 510 on the AMG Black Series.
0-60 in about 3.7s
Top speed? 176 MPH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sE74KLXfBmI

I'm of the opinion that the W204 C63 is a better car than the W205. Looks better, too.

2 Likes

Re: Best Sounding Production Cars(w/pictures) by gremp(m): 8:59pm On May 13, 2020
HeavenlyBang:
Another one of my dream cars.

Here's the W204 C63. It doesn't have as much torque as the W205 C63, and the exhaust note isn't quite as attention-catching, but nothing still beats a big naturally aspirated V8. Turbos essentially act as a muffler, and the W204 C63 had none. Just pure, undiluted displacement.

It's called a C63 and has a 6.3L badge on it, but it's actually a 6.2L V8. The glorious M156.

451 HP, although it maxes out at 510 on the AMG Black Series.
0-60 in about 3.7s
Top speed? 176 MPH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sE74KLXfBmI

I'm of the opinion that the W204 C63 is a better car than the W205. Looks better, too.

My guy, so you love Naturally Aspirated engines too abi cool grin .

Nice dream cars.
I used to love the cars with the lastest technology but now I've come to understand that it's the driving pleasure that's the most important thing.

My dream cars to buy in the future when it has depreciated to the amount I'm willing to spend are Nissan gt-r r35( turbocharged, it's basically a legend), Lexus LC 500 (Naturally Aspirated V8 and it sounds so so great especially when it redlines or downshifts) and probably the Dodge Challenger SRT hellcat Redeye ( the sound of tortured demons is great) if the rumored less drag focused and more athletic model turns out not to be real.

1 Like

Re: Best Sounding Production Cars(w/pictures) by HeavenlyBang(m): 9:01pm On May 13, 2020
gremp:

My guy, so you love Naturally Aspirated engines too abi cool grin .

Nice dream cars.
I used to love the cars with the lastest technology but now I've come to understand that it's the driving pleasure that's the most important thing.

My dream cars to buy in the future when it has depreciated to the amount I'm willing to spend are Nissan gt-r r35( turbocharged, it's basically a legend), Lexus LC 500 (Naturally Aspirated V8 and it sounds so so great especially when it redlines or downshifts) and probably the Dodge Challenger SRT hellcat Redeye ( the sound of tortured demons is great) if the rumored less drag focused and more athletic model turns out not to be real.

The LC500 and R35 are also up there for me. I don't quite care about the Hellcats, give me a Camaro ZL1 instead. wink

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Best Sounding Production Cars(w/pictures) by gremp(m): 9:15pm On May 13, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

The LC500 and R35 are also up there for me. I don't quite care about the Hellcats, give me a Camaro ZL1 instead. wink

Nice.
I've heard about Camaro but are they reliable, As per we're in Nigeria oooo grin .
And what are your thoughts on the new C8 Corvette??, I would've loved it, a mid-engined car starting at $60,000 when its mate are starting at $180k(Audi R8, McLaren 570s etc), 0-60 3 seconds flat w/launch-control but never ever has a cars steering wheel made me dislike a car so so much as this C8 is doing right now, what's up with that squarcicle angry .

1 Like

Re: Best Sounding Production Cars(w/pictures) by HeavenlyBang(m): 9:22pm On May 13, 2020
gremp:

Nice.
I've heard about Camaro but are they reliable, As per we're in Nigeria oooo grin .
And what are your thoughts on the new C8 Corvette??, I would've loved it, a mid-engined car starting at $60,000 when its mate are starting at $180k(Audi R8, McLaren 570s etc), 0-60 3 seconds flat w/launch-control but never ever has a cars steering wheel made me dislike a car so so much as this C8 is doing right now, what's up with that squarcicle angry .

They are. And GM's Alpha platform is one of the best out there. Cars like the ATS are generally considered to handle better than the BMW 3-series, so the current Camaro isn't just a dumb muscle car; it's a legit sports car.

The C8 is incredibly impressive. Excellent on both drag and strip. Launches like a beast, wtf. Look at how it takes off versus the GT500 here. The Shelby does catch up after but that's just due to having over 250 HP more. I can't wait for the Z06. Even with just 650 HP, I can see it absolutely demolishing any car under 200k.

The C8 isn't the first car to have that steering wheel. Hardly something to be annoyed by imo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8kzfBW1a9g

1 Like

Re: Best Sounding Production Cars(w/pictures) by gremp(m): 9:42pm On May 13, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

They are. And GM's Alpha platform is one of the best out there. Cars like the ATS are generally considered to handle better than the BMW 3-series, so the current Camaro isn't just a dumb muscle car; it's a legit sports car.

The C8 is incredibly impressive. Excellent on both drag and strip. Launches like a beast, wtf. Look at how it takes off versus the GT500 here. The Shelby does catch up after but that's just due to having over 250 HP more. I can't wait for the Z06. Even with just 650 HP, I can see it absolutely demolishing any car under 200k.

The C8 isn't the first car to have that steering wheel. Hardly something to be annoyed by imo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8kzfBW1a9g

Mid-engined Camaro coming 2023 though shocked .
C8 is definitely going to overturn some tables but people will still go for the giants (though they'll take considerable sales hit) because they're exclusive, those C8's will probably be like Toyotas in the sense that there'll be a lot of them and little distinction between them except you mod yours.

Aaaaahhhh, right now that steering wheel disgusts me... angry
Re: Best Sounding Production Cars(w/pictures) by jaz(m): 10:18pm On May 13, 2020
Dodge Demon
Re: Best Sounding Production Cars(w/pictures) by gremp(m): 7:55pm On May 14, 2020
Do you love Naturally Aspirated engines (NA)??.
Do you love luxurious cars?
Do you love reliable cars?
Do you love cars that are close in specifications to Aston Martins but half the price??
Well this car got you covered.

Lexus LC 500.