Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,144 members, 7,849,570 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 01:44 AM

The Rich Life Of Roddy Ricch Who Just Became A Father - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / The Rich Life Of Roddy Ricch Who Just Became A Father (1256 Views)

I Might Buy House In Lagos, Its Unconditional Love - Roddy Ricch / Download MP3 Pop Smoke Ft. 50 Cent & Roddy Ricch – The Woo / The Rich Life Of Regina Daniels - Networth, Houses, Cars, Boyfriends (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Rich Life Of Roddy Ricch Who Just Became A Father by Xstonertube: 10:17pm On May 13, 2020
A link to the video because I removed the length

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzkTPGyQAbQ

Roddy Ricch is an American rapper out of Compton, California. In 2018, he became famous after his breakout single, “Die Young,” produced by London on Tha Track, went viral on various media platforms. Real name Rodrick Moore, he was born on October 22, 1998 in Compton.Ricch attended Carson Senior High School and Westchester Enriched Sciences Magnet. He spent some time living in Atlanta, Georgia in his youth.Roddy Ricch started rapping and singing as young as 8, and he began making beats in earnest at age 16. In Compton, Rodrick was a member of the street gang SouthSide Compton Crips. Growing up, he also spent time in Louisiana with his grandmother and Georgia. From a young age, Roddy Ricch showed great interest in music. In an interview, he recalled attending the same church as Kendrick Lamar, before the fame, and admiring the rapper’s discipline. Lamar’s development influenced a young Ricch to stay focused and grind. Other influential figures include Future, Young Thug, Gucci Mane, and local Eazy-E.

At 15, he hit the streets; hustling to make ends meet. Roddy went to therapy for what he now describes as anger and antisocial behavior.

CAREER
In 2015, Roddy Ricch began uploading his music online. Two years later, he released his debut EP “Feed Tha Streets” over SoundCloud. The project featured popular songs like “Fucc It Up” produced by Ice Starr and “Chase Tha Bag.” The EP proved successful racking up hundreds of thousands of plays on SoundCloud. Unfortunately, at the time, Ricch was in jail. Despite not being able to reap the fruits of his labor, the launching platform was set. In March 2018, he released his second EP “Be 4 Tha Fame.” This time around, the singles “Al” and “Chains On” stole the show. Like its predecessor, it, too, received major support from fans. Later that year, Ricch’s career leveled-up after the release of his breakout single.

In July 2018, he released the London on da Track-produced single, "Die Young", which he had written for a childhood friend, who was lost in a high speed chase and said in a Genius interview he had written it the night XXXTentacion died (With the help of his dearest cousin). The song—which was dedicated, in part, to the childhood friend and its music video would go on to accumulate over 80 million views on YouTube and 120 million streams on Spotify.

The song changed his entire life; putting him on the public’s radar and connecting him with prominent artists. Despite not being signed to a label, he is endorsed by rappers the likes of DJ Mustard, , Nipsey Hussle, and RJ. In the process, he developed a close relationship with rapper, Meek Mill. Roddy Ricch then released his debut album “Feed Tha Streets 2.” With leading tracks, “Die Young,” “Cream,” and “Every Season,” the project did well.

PERSONAL
Roddy Ricch’s height is 5ft 7in. After his breakout single dropped, top artists started hitting him up. His lyrical flow depicts a lot of southern culture. That can be traced back to his time spent in Louisiana with his grandmother. “Die Young” was scripted the same day XXXTentacion was murdered. His Instagram Account has +5.7m followers, while his twitter account has +1.5m followers and his YouTube channel houses +3.6m subscribers.

On the intro to Please Excuse Me for Being Antisocial, Roddy — as he always does — lays out the extent of his tragedies to underline the magnitude of his success. Roddy sings with anguish: “My big bro behind bars, fighting 200 years/I got the call I lost my dog, I don’t know how to feel.”

ARTISTRY
His scorched voice and melodic delivery are far more indebted to the AutoTuned acrobatics of Atlanta trap stars (Future, Young Thug) and Chicago drill pioneers (Lil Durk, Chief Keef) than anything that’s come out of California in the last decade

Ricch has been recognized for his raspy voice "that works wonders with vocal filters". Paul Thompson of Vulture called Ricch "an undeniably talented vocalist and occasionally a compelling songwriter", opining how he "frequently adopts the same syntax and vocal intonations as Young Thug".
Cady Lang of Time magazine noted Ricch's "remarkable musical style as a rapper combines his West Coast [hip hop] roots with the sound of trap music and Chicago drill rap.

A link of the video because I reduced the length

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzkTPGyQAbQ

The chart-topping rapper has welcomed his first child with girlfriend Allie Kay, according to Bossip. Allie shared the surprise announcement on Instagram Thursday, posting a photo of Roddy holding his baby boy in his arms while looking on and smiling. However, the photo was quickly deleted and Allie took down her Instagram account after causing a stir with fans.

Re: The Rich Life Of Roddy Ricch Who Just Became A Father by yuswrld20(m): 12:16am On May 14, 2020
dis guy is our future legend

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

'These Souls Deserve To Live!' Kanye West Posts And Deletes Pro-life Twitter / “leave My Breast”- See Moment Bbnaija’s Dorathy Warns Housemates [video] / Davido On Vacation For Christmas Without Fiancé Chioma.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.