Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,746 members, 7,817,059 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:04 AM

Anyone Here Going For The Dubai Shopping Festival? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Anyone Here Going For The Dubai Shopping Festival? (4494 Views)

Dubai Shopping Festival (PIX Uploaded) / Dubai Shopping Festival / Dubai Shopping Tips (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anyone Here Going For The Dubai Shopping Festival? by Amya(f): 12:08pm On Jan 14, 2011
going from nigeria i mean. won't mind having a companion.
Re: Anyone Here Going For The Dubai Shopping Festival? by promise2(f): 2:53pm On Jan 14, 2011
I dont mind going with you but will be going by end of March by then the shopping festival must have been over.
Is that your first time? i dont mind sharing shoppping ideas with you.
Re: Anyone Here Going For The Dubai Shopping Festival? by Amya(f): 4:06pm On Jan 14, 2011
Yeah, it's my first time. I'll probably be leaving first week of feb and stay through to the end of the festival.

One of the main aim (but by no means the only reason) of me going then is because i heard that there's usually up to 75% discount on items sold during that period. So i'm looking to purchase items cheap and take back to nigeria to sell and make very huge profit.

On the other hand, i want to treat myself to a good time at the most liveliest time in that country as they are expecting over 3.5 million people worldwide for the festival. It spells fun.
Re: Anyone Here Going For The Dubai Shopping Festival? by airforceone(m): 6:54pm On Jan 14, 2011
I PRAY THAT THERE WILL BE NO BOMB BLAST!, IMAGINE THE NAME, DUBIA-- DO-BUY.
Re: Anyone Here Going For The Dubai Shopping Festival? by Gsmxpert(m): 11:27pm On Jan 14, 2011
Got a job in Dubai, since I came , never seen any Nigerian, one I saw was too rugged, then at
Winners chapel. U can give me a call when u come. My room is big enough.
+971551822379
Re: Anyone Here Going For The Dubai Shopping Festival? by halle2: 9:50am On Jan 15, 2011
this sounds really interesting, whats the time frame for the dubai shopping festival? am currently on leave and if i still have leave days that fall into the period,i might as well make use of the opportunity,
Re: Anyone Here Going For The Dubai Shopping Festival? by Amya(f): 10:16am On Jan 15, 2011
halle2:

this sounds really interesting, whats the time frame for the dubai shopping festival? am currently on leave and if i still have leave days that fall into the period,i might as well make use of the opportunity,

dubai shopping festival is a month long. It starts on the 20th jan and ends 20th of feb. It's an annual event. I'll be there for two weeks (the last two weeks of the fest)
Re: Anyone Here Going For The Dubai Shopping Festival? by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jan 15, 2011
I'll be your companion. . .
If you can pay the expenses grin
Re: Anyone Here Going For The Dubai Shopping Festival? by promise2(f): 7:02pm On Jan 15, 2011
@Amya Go girl have fun! When you come back gist me the details since I will be going soon.But becareful with your money please play smart.All the best Dear.
Re: Anyone Here Going For The Dubai Shopping Festival? by Amya(f): 10:23am On Jan 16, 2011
jassie:

I'll be your companion. . .
If you can pay the expenses grin
ole!
promise2:

@Amya Go girl have fun! When you come back gist me the details since I will be going soon.But becareful with your money please play smart.All the best Dear.
thanks promise!
Re: Anyone Here Going For The Dubai Shopping Festival? by promise2(f): 2:51pm On Jan 16, 2011
@Amya I told my friend about the Dubai festival he's. dexcited to go and I am tempted to go now too. So I will see how I can get 2 weeks leave in my work place and gurl if this work out u have gotten a company wish me luck!so let's see how it goes looking at 5th to 6th Feb for the trip.keep me posted.
Re: Anyone Here Going For The Dubai Shopping Festival? by halle2: 3:45pm On Jan 16, 2011
@Amya,tnx darln
u hav given an opportunity to make d rest of my vac worthwhile, i am working towards last week of jan (like 23rd to 30th)
do u have a reliable travel agent for the logistics? i surfed www.wakanow.com and the air fares r quite reasonable, though i wld still appreciate if i can get a better bargain for hotels,flight fares,tour guide etc
Re: Anyone Here Going For The Dubai Shopping Festival? by halle2: 3:47pm On Jan 16, 2011
@Promise2,
pls share all d shopping ideas u got, tnx
Re: Anyone Here Going For The Dubai Shopping Festival? by Amya(f): 5:29pm On Jan 16, 2011
promise2:

@Amya I told my friend about the Dubai festival he's. dexcited to go and I am tempted to go now too. So I will see how I can get 2 weeks leave in my work place and gurl if this work out u have gotten a company wish me luck!so let's see how it goes looking at 5th to 6th Feb for the trip.keep me posted.

i wish you luck! It'll be really nice if we could go together. You past experience would be helpful. And you are sound nice and fun.

I'll keep you posted. Do the same too ok?
Re: Anyone Here Going For The Dubai Shopping Festival? by Amya(f): 5:54pm On Jan 16, 2011
halle2:

@Amya,tnx darln
u hav given an opportunity to make d rest of my vac worthwhile, i am working towards last week of jan (like 23rd to 30th)
do u have a reliable travel agent for the logistics? i surfed www.wakanow.com and the air fares r quite reasonable, though i wld still appreciate if i can get a better bargain for hotels,flight fares,tour guide etc

i've booked my flight for the 5th of feb. I'll pay and collect the ticket tmrw. I've decided to go with emirate as they have an arrangement thingy going on for their passengers, tours e.t.c, and a promo offer of staying 4 days at a hotel and paying for 3. Sounded reasonable.

Thing is i just want to clear this ticket thing out of the way and probably few days to the trip, i'll fly into lagos to sort and look into the 'promo package'.

I want to stay till the end of the festival ( i have a feeling the last day is going to be a blast and things would be given at a give away price) and i only want to be gone for two weeks, so i'll leave on the 5th of feb to come back on the 21st.

How many more leave week do you have left?
Re: Anyone Here Going For The Dubai Shopping Festival? by halle2: 11:20am On Jan 17, 2011
My leave expires last day of jan, i havent booked my flight yet,still looking out for a good travel offer, did u use an agent to book emirates?i didnt see emirates on d list of flights on www.wakanow.com, saw ethiopian airline and qatar, i guess i should hasten up since my own journey is closer, i wld apprec8 any useful info
Re: Anyone Here Going For The Dubai Shopping Festival? by Amya(f): 1:18pm On Jan 17, 2011
@Halle. Just got my tickets now. Go to www.emirates.com

book now and pay at the mm airport ticket desk of emirate before thursday.
Re: Anyone Here Going For The Dubai Shopping Festival? by halle2: 6:46pm On Jan 17, 2011
Am not in lagos,can i pay wt my mastercard online while booking,cos i would possibly get to lagos at most a day to the trip, tnx a lot for d help
Re: Anyone Here Going For The Dubai Shopping Festival? by promise2(f): 9:18am On Jan 18, 2011
@Amya i got the leave now i am free from 6th Feb to 21st Feb.
How much did you book for Emirates? and what about this promotional offer?i try getting information on their site i couldnt figure it out.The also talk about hotel as from $55.Please explain if you get them right.

I will try and go to their office in the island here in lagos but i have a busy schedule.

Get in touch please.
Can we chat or something?
Re: Anyone Here Going For The Dubai Shopping Festival? by Chichiange(f): 3:05pm On Jan 18, 2011
Emirates office, Churchgate towers afribank street victoria island lagos,
Re: Anyone Here Going For The Dubai Shopping Festival? by Amya(f): 8:35pm On Jan 18, 2011
promise2:

@Amya i got the leave now i am free from 6th Feb to 21st Feb.
How much did you book for Emirates? and what about this promotional offer?i try getting information on their site i couldnt figure it out.The also talk about hotel as from $55.Please explain if you get them right.

I will try and go to their office in the island here in lagos but i have a busy schedule.

Get in touch please.
Can we chat or something?

dear i'm so happy! The problem is i'm not in lagos and they (emirates) don't have an office here in abuja. This means i've not yet verified the offer yet. Maybe you should do that since you are in lagos and tell me about it.

Add me and let's chat sometime on YIM

P.s 6th is a sunday. And 5th sat. We could travel together on the 5th . . .plzzzzzz
Re: Anyone Here Going For The Dubai Shopping Festival? by promise2(f): 10:11pm On Jan 18, 2011
@Amya i have important thing to do on Saturday 5th if not i would have gone with you.

As regards Emirates, i went to their office today they actually have good packages for clients vareities of them,Differnt classes of hotels,visa fees is 79 usd.You can book for your air ticket on line and use your reference no go to Zenith Bank or Uba and pay.

Then for visa and hotel as i said they have varieties you will choose from depending on your choice.

But i am using my agent to get my visa,hotel accommodation and airticket i am still negotiating total packages for 8 nights shouldnt exceed N215,000.00, i would have gone back to Emirate and do it myself but i have no time.

i just got my laptop back from repairs, i have no yahoo messenger now, so please write me on nnemise@yahoo.com

Cheers.
Re: Anyone Here Going For The Dubai Shopping Festival? by swthols(f): 1:19pm On Jan 20, 2011
d'yu know I can give you amazing discount on flight, hotel acc & tour at Dubai? that is if u haven't settled that yet.
Re: Anyone Here Going For The Dubai Shopping Festival? by halle2: 11:15pm On Jan 20, 2011
@promise2,do u know using an agent for d visa and hotel is like pennywise poundfoolish? i just did as Amya said, i called d emirates office,then sent someone to go on my behalf to pay for d hotel n visa at their office, now agent would charge u 30k for visa per person but if u book hotel with emirates,ur visa would cost only 76usd per person,dats less than 12k in naira, and if u book 3nights u get xtra night free,i guess since u wanna stay for 8nights u might hv to pay for only 6nights using emirates,then factor in ur visa,i bet ur gonna spend a lot less than 200k, i have booked my hotel and visa for myself n son and we got 70k for everything for 4nights/5days hotel stay, besides,u stil get a free ride to n fro d hotel,and other exciting free stuff, imagine if i used agent,visa alone for myself n son is 60k, i suggest u go to the emirates office n see for urself since ur in lagos, then u can compare offers,
Re: Anyone Here Going For The Dubai Shopping Festival? by halle2: 11:19pm On Jan 20, 2011
@Amya,
if ur down wt d promo thingy,ensure u book ur hotel n visa with emirates (at their office o!) at least 7days before departure date, cheers!
Re: Anyone Here Going For The Dubai Shopping Festival? by orbaxy(m): 11:39pm On Jan 20, 2011
Ladies, if you're in Dubai and need a tour, i wouldnt mind lending my time. grin
you'll definitely have fun
Re: Anyone Here Going For The Dubai Shopping Festival? by halle2: 8:36am On Jan 21, 2011
drop ur number,who knows you might come in handy, cheers!
Re: Anyone Here Going For The Dubai Shopping Festival? by promise2(f): 11:51am On Jan 21, 2011
@Halle2 thanks I went to Emirates in Island I found out that most hotels d have in their promo are in Bur Dubai I need a hotel in deira besides my agent is my friend and she didn't really make much from me athough going by Emirates is better.so don't worry I have already done all that. When are u leaving? @Amya where have you been? Waiting for you.
Re: Anyone Here Going For The Dubai Shopping Festival? by promise2(f): 12:07pm On Jan 21, 2011
@Orbaxy don't mind u helping with the tour stuff when I am in Dubai.so get in touch.
Re: Anyone Here Going For The Dubai Shopping Festival? by lilsimoni: 1:12pm On Jan 21, 2011
yes what are the steps?
Re: Anyone Here Going For The Dubai Shopping Festival? by promise2(f): 4:25pm On Jan 21, 2011
What steps?
Re: Anyone Here Going For The Dubai Shopping Festival? by halle2: 6:37pm On Jan 21, 2011
@Promise2, would leave on 27th, no qualms sha,

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Passport Is Expiring Soon And I Need To Travel / Dana Air Supports Nigerian Economic Summit 23 / Photos From Idu Railway Station, Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.