Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,359 members, 7,815,760 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:53 PM

Reason Why You Should Not Recharge From Bank Account - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Reason Why You Should Not Recharge From Bank Account (8518 Views)

Remember This Recharge Card / How To Track A Nigerian Scammer's Bank Account And Easily Get Back Your Money / What's Maximum Recharge From Bank Account On Mtn? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reason Why You Should Not Recharge From Bank Account by Great100000: 11:34am On May 14, 2020
Disadvantage of recharge airtime from your bank account.

1. Over charge by Bank:

Over charge by Bank mean the airtime you purchase is 104 Naira.

Explanation: Normally your bank charge you 100 Naira when you recharge airtime from your bank account but don't forget that your bank will send you an alert of debit which cost you 4 Naira but this 4 Naira will not be deducted until monthly end when your bank will tell you that some amount have been deducted for SMS alert for the month of April as an example.

2. Vulnerable to hackers:

Vulnerable to hackers mean once you're recharging from your bank account and hackers knows that your number is connect to your bank account then they will be finding a way to hack your bank account, this expose you to many attack like getting your BVN through your mobile number, receiving OTP from your bank account and they can also initialise transaction on your behalf.

Advantage of recharge airtime from your bank account.

1. Convenience:

Convenience mean it make recharge of airtime very easy for you at any time of the day even in the midnight in much as possible you have money in your bank account and you have enrol for USSD transaction on your phone.

2. Quick access to your Bank Services.

Quick access to your Bank services mean you can have access to all your bank services even though it is weekend time.

Be Safe And Stay Safe.

Thanks.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reason Why You Should Not Recharge From Bank Account by shamsin6300(m): 1:58pm On May 14, 2020
Thanks for sharing

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reason Why You Should Not Recharge From Bank Account by iceboy4752(m): 2:33pm On May 14, 2020
I rather recharge using my bank despite disadvantage number one, which is N4 charge for N100. If you buy from the nearest shop, you'll still be charge N10 anyway.

27 Likes

Re: Reason Why You Should Not Recharge From Bank Account by Larryfest(m): 2:35pm On May 14, 2020
Number 2 doesn't make sense atal, which bank account isn't connected to the owners phone number in the first place

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reason Why You Should Not Recharge From Bank Account by Shukusheka(m): 2:43pm On May 14, 2020
Bros, why are you giving us advantages and disadvantages like you are solving Social Studies school assignment? grin

. Over charge by Bank:

Over charge by Bank mean the airtime you purchase is 104 Naira.

Explanation: Normally your bank charge you 100 Naira when you recharge airtime from your bank account but don't forget that your bank will send you an alert of debit which cost you 4 Naira but this 4 Naira will not be deducted until monthly end when your bank will tell you that some amount have been deducted for SMS alert for the month of April as an example.
Do you think the physical cash you collect from the bank and spend comes at zero cost to you? You might want to read up on opportunity cost.

2. Vulnerable to hackers:

Vulnerable to hackers mean once you're recharging from your bank account and hackers knows that your number is connect to your bank account then they will be finding a way to hack your bank account, this expose you to many attack like getting your BVN through your mobile number, receiving OTP from your bank account and they can also initialise transaction on your behalf.
How does this even make any sense? Virtually all individuals accounts are tied to a mobile number.

13 Likes

Re: Reason Why You Should Not Recharge From Bank Account by VickyRotex(f): 2:49pm On May 14, 2020
Shukusheka:
Bros, why are you giving us advantages and disadvantages like you are solving Social Studies school assignment? grin

Chaiii be nice na. undecided leave the op. e no easy to write angry angry

@Op, you have tried. Although I do not agree with most of the things you've written. Nonetheless, you've done well by taking the time to write and share your thoughts. That's commendable!
Stay safe too!

1 Like

Re: Reason Why You Should Not Recharge From Bank Account by FromZeroToHero(m): 2:52pm On May 14, 2020
Story for the gods. So if my sub finish at night I should wait until next morning to buy from a vendor.

25 Likes

Re: Reason Why You Should Not Recharge From Bank Account by Shukusheka(m): 3:00pm On May 14, 2020
FromZeroToHero:
Story for the gods. So if my sub finish at night I should wait until next morning to buy from a vendor.
E be like say Op na recharge card seller and market no move again. So he is trying all means to discredit his competition. grin grin

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reason Why You Should Not Recharge From Bank Account by Shukusheka(m): 3:06pm On May 14, 2020
VickyRotex:

Chaiii be nice na. undecided leave the op. e no easy to write angry angry

Hey Shawty, I see you quoted me yesterday, and quoted me again today. I'm single, you are single. Let's get married. kiss

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reason Why You Should Not Recharge From Bank Account by Nobody: 3:10pm On May 14, 2020
Op, take this

Imagine after walking from my apartment to nearest card vendor in this hot sun, they will still sell 500 mtn card to me for 520 or 550.

7 Likes

Re: Reason Why You Should Not Recharge From Bank Account by Treborblue(m): 3:15pm On May 14, 2020
Good information

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reason Why You Should Not Recharge From Bank Account by Scozar(m): 3:19pm On May 14, 2020
Send your Account number let me credit you
Re: Reason Why You Should Not Recharge From Bank Account by VickyRotex(f): 3:20pm On May 14, 2020
Shukusheka:

Hey Shawty, I see you quoted me yesterday, and quoted me again today. I'm single, you are single. Let's get married. kiss

Awwww you keep track of people that quote you? That's so touching! smh! Go to my posts and see the number of people I quote in a day. You're not special! undecided

galadima77:

Be a little appreciative na and yes he's very special maybe not to you. He only thought you were special that's all!!

Hi,

I'll reply to your mention because you passed your message across reasonably. Fair enough.
See ehn this life is not that hard. People take things too personal and I would expect that my playing around with emoji will make people see my reply differently. As usual, people will read different meanings, hence perception is key!

That said, @shukusheka I'm sure you didn't take my reply personal. I commend your maturity even with the military battalion that trooped in to fight for you cheesy cheesy Sending you a pm.

PS: The funny thing is, tomorrow I'll still quote some of these people insulting me and not even know they're the ones. You guys need to take life easy. tongue

And Op: sorry for "aiding and abetting" the derailment of your thread. cry

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reason Why You Should Not Recharge From Bank Account by falcon01: 3:23pm On May 14, 2020
VickyRotex:

Awwww you keep track of people that quote you? That's so touching! smh! Go to my posts and see the number of people I quote in a day. You're not special! undecided

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Reason Why You Should Not Recharge From Bank Account by stanisbaratheon: 3:30pm On May 14, 2020
VickyRotex:

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Reason Why You Should Not Recharge From Bank Account by Shukusheka(m): 3:32pm On May 14, 2020
VickyRotex:

Relax Shawty, Relax angry

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reason Why You Should Not Recharge From Bank Account by ojietu: 3:59pm On May 14, 2020
The op should have included one of the advantages to include helping keep others in business.
As you buy your card from local vendors you help keep them in business rather than giving it all to the banks

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reason Why You Should Not Recharge From Bank Account by VickyRotex(f): 4:02pm On May 14, 2020
Shukusheka:
Relax Shawty, Relax angry

Ah welcome back! Shey you now know that you're not special!
Re: Reason Why You Should Not Recharge From Bank Account by Shukusheka(m): 4:13pm On May 14, 2020
VickyRotex:

I'm not special? You don't mean it?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reason Why You Should Not Recharge From Bank Account by alex81(m): 4:16pm On May 14, 2020
VickyRotex:

Just give him ur no. Lobatan!

Na u go enjoy last last. grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Reason Why You Should Not Recharge From Bank Account by Oluwasaeon(m): 4:25pm On May 14, 2020
delectablegyal:

you are not nice. he was just joking. you took it seriously. phuck out of here.
Don't escalate things

1 Like

Re: Reason Why You Should Not Recharge From Bank Account by oladipo322(m): 4:31pm On May 14, 2020
delectablegyal:

what is she feeling like? she should phuck out of this thread
� u dey vex ooooo but the girl was feeling like 1 kind special angel.

3 Likes

Re: Reason Why You Should Not Recharge From Bank Account by VickyRotex(f): 4:37pm On May 14, 2020
alex81:

Just give him ur no. Lobatan!

Na u go enjoy last last. grin grin

excuse you? enjoy what exactly?

Shukusheka:
I'm not special? You don't mean it?

I mean it! angry

Oh and btw, there's always that one person/group of individuals in a thread that will be party pooper(s). I see they've arrived. cheesy cheesy

They can proceed with derailing the op's thread, I wont be part of it.
Re: Reason Why You Should Not Recharge From Bank Account by HMarshal(m): 4:42pm On May 14, 2020
Shukusheka:
E be like say Op na recharge card seller and market no move again. So he is trying all means to discredit his competition. grin grin
Hahaha

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reason Why You Should Not Recharge From Bank Account by jom28gy(m): 5:02pm On May 14, 2020
Ok thanks
Re: Reason Why You Should Not Recharge From Bank Account by Rich4god(m): 5:50pm On May 14, 2020
The only reason is that we need to encourage those recharge card vendors... Buying from the bank means less sales for them wch will eventually through out of the business. You can't believe that Nigeria's spend almost a billion naira in a week buying recharge card from bank, imagine 4% of that amount going to the local vendors.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

New Arrival: Itel It1409 / 5 Tips On How To Secure Your Smartphone / Which Smart TV Should I Buy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.