Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,180 members, 7,815,137 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:01 AM

Gaming Laptop Is A Bullshiiii Compare To Gaming PC - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Gaming Laptop Is A Bullshiiii Compare To Gaming PC (2086 Views)

This Laptop Is For Sale / This Laptop Is A Beast! - 16gb Nvidia Rtx 3080 (165w) & Ryzen 9 5900hx (VIDEO) / Gaming Laptop Is A Bullshiiii Compare To Gaming PC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gaming Laptop Is A Bullshiiii Compare To Gaming PC by lovelyadeola(m): 12:25pm On May 14, 2020
The performance is bad compare to the price and some dont even have good battery back up,,, so what is the essence self
Re: Gaming Laptop Is A Bullshiiii Compare To Gaming PC by lovelyadeola(m): 12:26pm On May 14, 2020
400$ gaming pc will perform more than 1000$ gaming laptop,, and the gaming laptop will still lack good battery back up,,, so what's essences.

1 Like

Re: Gaming Laptop Is A Bullshiiii Compare To Gaming PC by lovelyadeola(m): 12:27pm On May 14, 2020
Hope someone can teach me how to build one to my taste
Re: Gaming Laptop Is A Bullshiiii Compare To Gaming PC by Onyeka90210(m): 12:37pm On May 14, 2020
lovelyadeola:
The performance is bad compare to the price and some dont even have good battery back up,,, so what is the essence self
You clearly haven’t used an Alienware

3 Likes

Re: Gaming Laptop Is A Bullshiiii Compare To Gaming PC by Onyeka90210(m): 12:40pm On May 14, 2020
lovelyadeola:
400$ gaming pc will perform more than 1000$ gaming laptop,, and the gaming laptop will still lack good battery back up,,, so what's essences.
The extra money is for portability, not everyone one used gaming systems for games, if you want it only for games then a PC would be recommended but as a graphic designer or architect who needs to carry the machine up and down that’s where the gaming laptop comes in play
Gaming PC are far better than laptops but PC are not portable, hence the making of laptops

6 Likes

Re: Gaming Laptop Is A Bullshiiii Compare To Gaming PC by west21: 12:53pm On May 14, 2020
lovelyadeola:
The way you open thread and post on NL ehn, I'll bet ur an unorganized kid. angry

4 Likes

Re: Gaming Laptop Is A Bullshiiii Compare To Gaming PC by yemkoguru(m): 1:27pm On May 14, 2020
west21:
The way you open thread and post on NL ehn, I'll bet ur an unorganized kid. angry
donno why pple comment on his topics
Re: Gaming Laptop Is A Bullshiiii Compare To Gaming PC by Proffdada: 2:24pm On May 14, 2020
your argument is based on narrow-mindedness. you've not heard of predator 21x? some laptops are cheaper and more powerful than their PC counterparts. google is your friend
Re: Gaming Laptop Is A Bullshiiii Compare To Gaming PC by lovelyadeola(m): 4:40pm On May 14, 2020
west21:
Ok thanks man
Re: Gaming Laptop Is A Bullshiiii Compare To Gaming PC by Nobody: 4:42pm On May 14, 2020
lovelyadeola:

The essence is gaming PC is not portable. Even though a gaming laptop might lack good battery backup, a gaming PC has ZERO battery backup grin grin
Re: Gaming Laptop Is A Bullshiiii Compare To Gaming PC by lovelyadeola(m): 4:42pm On May 14, 2020
Proffdada:
your argument is based on narrow-mindedness. you've not heard of predator 21x? some laptops are cheaper and more powerful than their PC counterparts. google is your friend
That's like 1%%% out of it,,, most gaming laptop dont usually worth,,, unless for mobile gaming which most people dont actually need..,,, like me now, I normally plug in my laptop playing game onnit,, now tell me,, what's the different
Re: Gaming Laptop Is A Bullshiiii Compare To Gaming PC by lovelyadeola(m): 4:44pm On May 14, 2020
greenhulk:

The essence is gaming PC is not portable. Even though a gaming laptop might lack good battery backup, a gaming PC has ZERO battery backup grin grin
Most gaming laptop dont usually worth it,,, unless for mobile gaming which most people dont actually need..,,, like me now, I normally plug in my laptop playing game onnit,, now tell me,, what's the different?
Go check youtube and see how 300$ pc build is beating 1000$ and above laptop performance hands down
Re: Gaming Laptop Is A Bullshiiii Compare To Gaming PC by lovelyadeola(m): 4:45pm On May 14, 2020
yemkoguru:

donno why pple comment on his topics
Boss miii,,, longest time, no see grin grin
Re: Gaming Laptop Is A Bullshiiii Compare To Gaming PC by lovelyadeola(m): 4:49pm On May 14, 2020
I need to learn how to build a pc cheesy cheesy Build a machine for total 500$ and use it to crash motherfucka 2000$ over priced gaming laptop grin grin
Re: Gaming Laptop Is A Bullshiiii Compare To Gaming PC by lovelyadeola(m): 5:03pm On May 14, 2020
Onyeka90210:

You clearly haven’t used an Alienware
Alienware is 0.5%% of gaming laptop in market,,, other mostly have issues,, over heating issues,, motherboard damages,, still perform poorly compared to the price..
Re: Gaming Laptop Is A Bullshiiii Compare To Gaming PC by Nobody: 6:01pm On May 14, 2020
lovelyadeola:
I need to learn how to build a pc cheesy cheesy Build a machine for total 500$ and use it to crash motherfucka 2000$ over priced gaming laptop grin grin

Bros e be like something dey make u vex. Nobody force u to buy gaming laptop na. Buy wetin suit u.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gaming Laptop Is A Bullshiiii Compare To Gaming PC by Jamesilvar(m): 6:10pm On May 14, 2020
lovelyadeola:

If you are looking to build a desktop for $500 to compete as a gaming machine, then e sure me die say u no get sense. The leanest Gtx 1050 na $150 alone, you never talk of motherboard, processor, case, ram, hard disk, PSU etc.
Shipping fee you neva even add sef lmao
Re: Gaming Laptop Is A Bullshiiii Compare To Gaming PC by Proffdada: 6:26pm On May 14, 2020
lovelyadeola:

That's like 1%%% out of it,,, most gaming laptop dont usually worth,,, unless for mobile gaming which most people dont actually need..,,, like me now, I normally plug in my laptop playing game onnit,, now tell me,, what's the different
you'll still need monitor, ups, mouse and keyboard tongue
Re: Gaming Laptop Is A Bullshiiii Compare To Gaming PC by davien(m): 7:45pm On May 14, 2020
The new 20 series laptops from Nvidia do bridge the gap in performance and coupled with AMD's Ryzen desktop CPUs being put into laptops nowadays means you can get desktop grade performance in laptops for $50-100 or greater depending on requirements(compared to price of equivalent desktop components).
Desktops will always be on top but one thing it'll never have is mobility i.e ready to use on the go.

A laptop equiped with core i5-8400 or even i3-10xxx would outperform most 2017 desktops talk more of the Ryzen 3600 that's AMDs sweatspot for gaming.

Mix these CPUs with an RX 5700 or even an RTX 2060 on 16GB DDR4 RAM and you've got yourself a 1440p gaming champion that can run all games at 60+fps, most over 144fps. You can do that on a desktop but you're basically a slave to where you set it up. The desktop will draw more power, eat up space and would be at the mercy of power outages or PSU faults from static charges that could also kill the motherboard.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-RTX-2060-Laptop-Graphics-Card.384946.0.html

1 Like

Re: Gaming Laptop Is A Bullshiiii Compare To Gaming PC by dulux07(m): 8:03pm On May 14, 2020
Laptops were not initially designed for gaming, you can't compare a laptop to its desktop counterpart, the desktop will definitely outshine the laptop, besides the desktop can easily be configured to your taste.
If u want real gaming get a console or a desktop, except you move around alot, then u can consider a laptop
Re: Gaming Laptop Is A Bullshiiii Compare To Gaming PC by lovelyadeola(m): 11:35pm On May 14, 2020
Proffdada:
you'll still need monitor, ups, mouse and keyboard tongue
Will still worth,, I use my t.v direct for gaming,,, ups need, that's crucial... 2 in 1 keyboard and mouse is not that costly..,,,, Still a major W over those gaming laptop... if am lucky to get a good processor than I still have chance to upgrade the video card,,, you see how sweeeet that can be lol...
Re: Gaming Laptop Is A Bullshiiii Compare To Gaming PC by lovelyadeola(m): 11:37pm On May 14, 2020
dulux07:
Laptops were not initially designed for gaming, you can't compare a laptop to its desktop counterpart, the desktop will definitely outshine the laptop, besides the desktop can easily be configured to your taste.
If u want real gaming get a console or a desktop, except you move around alot, then u can consider a laptop
Gbam!!!!!! You reason well with me brother,,, i just realise recently niiii,,, gaming laptop too get limit jare,, but for gaming pc,, with good ventilation and better fan.. u can game till youe eye swell up

1 Like

Re: Gaming Laptop Is A Bullshiiii Compare To Gaming PC by lovelyadeola(m): 11:37pm On May 14, 2020
Laptop is best for work not gaming,,, does not feel like the real something... too much limit and issues,,,..
Re: Gaming Laptop Is A Bullshiiii Compare To Gaming PC by lovelyadeola(m): 11:39pm On May 14, 2020
davien:
The new 20 series laptops from Nvidia do bridge the gap in performance and coupled with AMD's Ryzen desktop CPUs being put into laptops nowadays means you can get desktop grade performance in laptops for $50-100 or greater depending on requirements(compared to price of equivalent desktop components).
Desktops will always be on top but one thing it'll never have is mobility i.e ready to use on the go.

A laptop equiped with core i5-8400 or even i3-10xxx would outperform most 2017 desktops talk more of the Ryzen 3600 that's AMDs sweatspot for gaming.

Mix these CPUs with an RX 5700 or even an RTX 2060 on 16GB DDR4 RAM and you've got yourself a 1440p gaming champion that can run all games at 60+fps, most over 144fps. You can do that on a desktop but you're basically a slave to where you set it up. The desktop will draw more power, eat up space and would be at the mercy of power outages or PSU faults from static charges that could also kill the motherboard.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-RTX-2060-Laptop-Graphics-Card.384946.0.html
Re: Gaming Laptop Is A Bullshiiii Compare To Gaming PC by lovelyadeola(m): 11:42pm On May 14, 2020
davien:

Bro am talking 300$ laptop set up and u talking rtx 2060 that cost shiiiiii lol,, am comparing their perform at same price level
Re: Gaming Laptop Is A Bullshiiii Compare To Gaming PC by lovelyadeola(m): 11:43pm On May 14, 2020
Let's be realistic,,, most gamers want a gaming build that wont dig hole into their pocket... gaming pc is the best alternative
Re: Gaming Laptop Is A Bullshiiii Compare To Gaming PC by Nobody: 1:28am On May 15, 2020
lovelyadeola:
Let's be realistic,,, most gamers want a gaming build that wont dig hole into their pocket... gaming pc is the best alternative

That is ur own view. Can u take ur gaming PC with u to the campus or on a plane? A gaming laptop is an all round performer for portability, gaming, video editing, work, etc. There's a reason there's a market for gaming laptop.

It's like saying portable console like Nintendo switch is pointless as it can never perform like a real console like PlayStation or xbox, yet it has sold over 53 million units, more than the Xbox one.

1 Like

Re: Gaming Laptop Is A Bullshiiii Compare To Gaming PC by davien(m): 4:59am On May 15, 2020
lovelyadeola:

Bro am talking 300$ laptop set up and u talking rtx 2060 that cost shiiiiii lol,, am comparing their perform at same price level
Re: Gaming Laptop Is A Bullshiiii Compare To Gaming PC by olujosh301(m): 6:51am On May 15, 2020
Have you heard of Asus zephyrus G14 with ryzen 4900H or Soo it's beating desktop with i9 9th gen and it's just a 65w tdp config the only thing limiting it is the rtx 2060 max q
Re: Gaming Laptop Is A Bullshiiii Compare To Gaming PC by Proffdada: 9:00am On May 15, 2020
lovelyadeola:

Will still worth,, I use my t.v direct for gaming,,, ups need, that's crucial... 2 in 1 keyboard and mouse is not that costly..,,,, Still a major W over those gaming laptop... if am lucky to get a good processor than I still have chance to upgrade the video card,,, you see how sweeeet that can be lol...
then NEPA show their in authority grin
Re: Gaming Laptop Is A Bullshiiii Compare To Gaming PC by lovelyadeola(m): 12:33am On May 16, 2020
Proffdada:
then NEPA show their in authority grin
Again and again,,, i dont game on laptop battery it kill in no time,,, I game on direct AC,, That's even when you can have max performance of a laptop
Re: Gaming Laptop Is A Bullshiiii Compare To Gaming PC by lovelyadeola(m): 12:41am On May 16, 2020
greenhulk:

That is ur own view. Can u take ur gaming PC with u to the campus or on a plane? A gaming laptop is an all round performer for portability, gaming, video editing, work, etc. There's a reason there's a market for gaming laptop.

It's like saying portable console like Nintendo switch is pointless as it can never perform like a real console like PlayStation or xbox, yet it has sold over 53 million units, more than the Xbox one.
Campus? Lol why gaming on campus Nowadays people have that powerful PC at home and use a average powerful laptop to run day to day activities.. the benefits dont justify the over hype prices

(1) (2) (Reply)

AC For Sell / Sony Bravia Bx310 Series Lcd Tv / !!! Brand New Unused White Nokia C2-03 Dual Sim Phone Available For Cheap!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.