Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,737 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:17 PM

Wife Trying To Ruin My Career Within A Few Months Of Arriving Abroad - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Wife Trying To Ruin My Career Within A Few Months Of Arriving Abroad (107326 Views)

My Wife's Ex-Boyfriend Is About To Ruin My Marriage / My Parents Are Using Their Lives To Ruin My Future!!! / My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (36) (Go Down)

Re: Wife Trying To Ruin My Career Within A Few Months Of Arriving Abroad by StubbornGENIUS: 2:05pm On May 23, 2020
I quit after reading the disclaimer.Please someone should summarize the novel for me.
Re: Wife Trying To Ruin My Career Within A Few Months Of Arriving Abroad by EDGEof2MORO: 2:05pm On May 23, 2020
OmoDavido:
And you say this one no be devil?!

You made a very big mistake by bringing such a woman abroad.

The good news is that he has enough time to undo this particular mistake if only he would listen to advice.

1 Like

Re: Wife Trying To Ruin My Career Within A Few Months Of Arriving Abroad by Nobody: 2:06pm On May 23, 2020
Run for naija ladies abroad...they will take advantage of the system to finish your career....

Naija ladies are wicked. Some married 4 husbands abroad so that they will be collecting child support from 4 different husband...

1 Like

Re: Wife Trying To Ruin My Career Within A Few Months Of Arriving Abroad by Homguy(m): 2:07pm On May 23, 2020
Conductor261:

Sell the house. Move to a smaller apartment. Sell the cars.
LinLinGentle you need to do this too.
Re: Wife Trying To Ruin My Career Within A Few Months Of Arriving Abroad by luvmijeje(f): 2:07pm On May 23, 2020
Thank God you are now getting a divorce. This life is too short for you to be in an unhappy marriage. Your mental health is too important.

1 Like

Re: Wife Trying To Ruin My Career Within A Few Months Of Arriving Abroad by EDGEof2MORO: 2:07pm On May 23, 2020
myles16:

your hubby will try o, cause it seems like you'll have trust issues, Baba has replied like 8 times telling you he didn't do her sh!t and he almost divorced her back in Nigeria, still you don't believe Ha!!

Woooo! Tiri gbosa for you

Lol. Na dem.

If only future husband's had access to their wives' nairaland posts before saying "I do"

5 Likes

Re: Wife Trying To Ruin My Career Within A Few Months Of Arriving Abroad by Frankicent(m): 2:08pm On May 23, 2020
LinLinGentle:
Not a tale bro. This is my life right now, I swear! I am in a very messy situation and cannot reveal my identity cos a lot of people we know are on nairaland.

Is your wife a Yoruba woman?
Re: Wife Trying To Ruin My Career Within A Few Months Of Arriving Abroad by 007inc: 2:09pm On May 23, 2020
LinLinGentle:
Disclaimer: I AM NOT A SAINT AND MY WIFE IS NOT THE DEVIL. I HAVE JUST BEEN UNFORTUNATE TO BECOME A VICTIM OF MATRIARCHY WHICH MANY MEN SUFFER ABROAD...

I have been hustling abroad for a few years while wifey was working in Nigeria and living with children. Marriage has always been turbulent and we even almost got divorced after I travelled out. We somehow worked on our issues with the help of pastors, family and friends, and after a few years of ''roughing'' it abroad to pave way for them, I finally succeeded and my family arrived a few months ago.

I used to be hot tempered, but I have had enough time to gain insight into my inadequacies and reflect on them. I am now significantly calmer due to the determination to make my marriage better and as per ''abroad levels''. My wife on the other hand is fully taking advantage of me and the environment we find ourselves in. First thing she did on getting here was to cut of my entire family. She said she doesn't want to have anything to do with any of them anymore. She has also not been too keen to kickstart her career, as all she does is endless picture taking and editing for social media hyping. I know this might be due to the initial ''euphoria'' phase cos she is coming abroad to a big house, big car and having no limits on most things we used to manage back in Nigeria, and she thinks things are bread and butter. You would never think for a second that she is a married woman if you check her profiles on social media!

She has become even more toxic person than she ever was in Naija. Now very bossy, never backs down, always the attacker, ever ready for a fight, lazier, always on social media, communicates with me as little as possible, embarrasses me in the neighbourhood with the constant noises from our house, and finally her threats have now tripled! Madam is now so fierce that I have become the house chicken. Just within a few months of being here o! She tells me that she will show me for all the ''gra gra'' I used to do back in Nigeria. Friends advised me against bringing this woman here but I no wan hear word as per responsible family man wey I dey claim to be.

The popular threat is usually ''I will end your career''. I wasn't taking this too seriously initially, but she then started following through with the threats by constant calls to the police and other services, making spooky and baseless career ending accusations and allegations against me.

I have never been the one to first lay my hands on her, but I have spilled drinks on her before when she attacked me. My wife now gets very physical without having any element of self control, fear or restraint after the simplest argument and sometimes, she damages things out of anger. She does this so often and never hesitates to dare me to do my worst.

I discovered that she has signed up on dating sites and when I even caught her chatting about sex to a particular guy in our area, she said that it was all my fault. She did not apologise for this. She even referred to it one time after an argument that if I am convulsing like this over just a sex chat, she's waiting to see what I'd do when I see a man on top of her.

My productivity at work has declined significantly and I am now on the verge of depression. Neighbours called the police on us one time after a lot of noise from out house. She accused me of domestic violence. The police had to separate us and I was stuck at home for an extended period and could not go to work due to this. I am now being investigated for domestic violence, which is a serious crime as madam wants it and I have had to report the situation to my company! The whole thing is so messy that I am scared that I have not seen the worst yet.

I am so afraid of losing it all and returning to Nigeria broke cos I spent my last card and even racked credit card debt to bring them here hoping to pay off gradually. I still have a few years to get my citizenship and if I lose my job now, that is the end for all of us!

For now, I don't know what is going to happen to us, as this woman is so determined to cause great and irreparable damage that could ruin our lives, just to get back at me and she is being cheered on by her family and friends.

THE SITUATION IS SO MESSED UP!

UPDATE:

Divorce has now been filed. I also recently got lucky as I was able to secure a restraining order when she messed up again and hit me daring me to do my worst. I called the police and made a proper case and she was arrested. She has been banned from the house for a month. The police advised me to talk to my lawyer and extend indefinitely if I want to. I hope to get this done ASAP. The law here does not only protect women but also protects innocent men. All you need is patience and wisdom. Thank you all for your ideas. Still several hurdles to cross but I am on the winning side for now.

Be a man, u didn’t handle d situation well at the initial stage.
This is what what u should have done :
Plan a family trip to naija , seize her passport n dump her here. Then get urself a new wife . That woman will eventually kill u.

6 Likes

Re: Wife Trying To Ruin My Career Within A Few Months Of Arriving Abroad by OJONUBAPETER(m): 2:09pm On May 23, 2020
FOLLOW INSTAGRAM.COM/WISEMENCOMEDIAN SEE THAT AMAIZING SOMETHING DIFFERENT CHALLENGE BY ADEKUNLEGOLD
Re: Wife Trying To Ruin My Career Within A Few Months Of Arriving Abroad by MisterGrace: 2:10pm On May 23, 2020
Sankabson:
Reach out to her family member down here. They could be able to talk some senses into her.

Let her know as well, that whatsoever she's doing or up to. The future of her kids are at stake too.

But maybe your own GRA GRA too much for Naija too?! Cos for her to change in just few months... E get why!!

I hate people like you. You want the husband to die? Or do you want the wicked women to destroy him?

Is he the only man on earth?

See you people are wicked.

5 Likes

Re: Wife Trying To Ruin My Career Within A Few Months Of Arriving Abroad by lamentor78(m): 2:10pm On May 23, 2020
Have you read an article of 20 Nigerians that killed their wives abroad. I pray your condition and matter will not reach that level because those men killed their wives because of pain and depression .
I pray what you feared most will not come upon you one day. All the handwriting are on the wall but you seems to turn blind eye to it by the time your eye will finally open is well to Murtala Mohammed airport you will see

1 Like

Re: Wife Trying To Ruin My Career Within A Few Months Of Arriving Abroad by Himalayas: 2:11pm On May 23, 2020
Divorce is messy and it can ruin you for life. Think of separated homes, mental health problems, custody battles and alimony to pay. You also have responsibilities back home. What this means is that your pocket should be full and never dry to a divorced life. On the other side within a year your depression will resolve and you will start enjoying the things you are used to in the past.
Re: Wife Trying To Ruin My Career Within A Few Months Of Arriving Abroad by Obierika(m): 2:11pm On May 23, 2020
Mindlog:
Newly registered username, another tale.

Jump and pass of you don't want to comment!

1 Like

Re: Wife Trying To Ruin My Career Within A Few Months Of Arriving Abroad by Segzy19: 2:13pm On May 23, 2020
On what basis did you classify it as a tale? Eish, people sha...
nifemi25:
I would have love to advice you accordingly ,if only you told us earlier that you just signed up this moniker in other to hide your real identity ....this might a tale.
Re: Wife Trying To Ruin My Career Within A Few Months Of Arriving Abroad by adewumiopeyemi(m): 2:14pm On May 23, 2020
That is one of the reason some men don’t bring there wives to meet them in abroad
Trust no ladies

She will come and beg you back after a restraining order have been giving to here
She no that if she come back to Nigeria is all over for her
Have you tried report this to her family especially to his father or mother so that everything wil be settle or has she cut the distance with them when she came over to meet you up n abroad
Re: Wife Trying To Ruin My Career Within A Few Months Of Arriving Abroad by Godbpraised: 2:15pm On May 23, 2020
Waste of time.
Sankabson:
Reach out to her family member down here. They could be able to talk some senses into her.

Let her know as well, that whatsoever she's doing or up to. The future of her kids are at stake too.

But maybe your own GRA GRA too much for Naija too?! Cos for her to change in just few months... E get why!!

1 Like

Re: Wife Trying To Ruin My Career Within A Few Months Of Arriving Abroad by Segzy19: 2:15pm On May 23, 2020
Lol! You smell fake story. Then give us the real gist since you knew what happened
etrange:
Saying 'I am not a saint. I was hot tempered but I have changed' is you first trying to put yourself in a good light before the audience. You then went ahead to spend time describing your wife as complete devil. And then I wonder what the point of creating this thread is. You want us to help you call your wife names and encourage you to do the things you want to do anyway? You're the one telling the story; of course, she'll be the villain/protagonist in it.

Lol... I smell fake story biko. A man, even though a loggerheads with his wife, won't come online to write such a long epistle without any reminiscence of good old times. You can't tell me you married a witch from the onset.

Ok... you've gotten us to comment. Lol

11 Likes

Re: Wife Trying To Ruin My Career Within A Few Months Of Arriving Abroad by Ebenezer2O2O(m): 2:15pm On May 23, 2020
LinLinGentle:
Disclaimer: I AM NOT A SAINT AND MY WIFE IS NOT THE DEVIL. I HAVE JUST BEEN UNFORTUNATE TO BECOME A VICTIM OF MATRIARCHY WHICH MANY MEN SUFFER ABROAD...

I have been hustling abroad for a few years while wifey was working in Nigeria and living with children. Marriage has always been turbulent and we even almost got divorced after I travelled out. We somehow worked on our issues with the help of pastors, family and friends, and after a few years of ''roughing'' it abroad to pave way for them, I finally succeeded and my family arrived a few months ago.

I used to be hot tempered, but I have had enough time to gain insight into my inadequacies and reflect on them. I am now significantly calmer due to the determination to make my marriage better and as per ''abroad levels''. My wife on the other hand is fully taking advantage of me and the environment we find ourselves in. First thing she did on getting here was to cut of my entire family. She said she doesn't want to have anything to do with any of them anymore. She has also not been too keen to kickstart her career, as all she does is endless picture taking and editing for social media hyping. I know this might be due to the initial ''euphoria'' phase cos she is coming abroad to a big house, big car and having no limits on most things we used to manage back in Nigeria, and she thinks things are bread and butter. You would never think for a second that she is a married woman if you check her profiles on social media!

She has become even more toxic person than she ever was in Naija. Now very bossy, never backs down, always the attacker, ever ready for a fight, lazier, always on social media, communicates with me as little as possible, embarrasses me in the neighbourhood with the constant noises from our house, and finally her threats have now tripled! Madam is now so fierce that I have become the house chicken. Just within a few months of being here o! She tells me that she will show me for all the ''gra gra'' I used to do back in Nigeria. Friends advised me against bringing this woman here but I no wan hear word as per responsible family man wey I dey claim to be.

The popular threat is usually ''I will end your career''. I wasn't taking this too seriously initially, but she then started following through with the threats by constant calls to the police and other services, making spooky and baseless career ending accusations and allegations against me.

I have never been the one to first lay my hands on her, but I have spilled drinks on her before when she attacked me. My wife now gets very physical without having any element of self control, fear or restraint after the simplest argument and sometimes, she damages things out of anger. She does this so often and never hesitates to dare me to do my worst.

I discovered that she has signed up on dating sites and when I even caught her chatting about sex to a particular guy in our area, she said that it was all my fault. She did not apologise for this. She even referred to it one time after an argument that if I am convulsing like this over just a sex chat, she's waiting to see what I'd do when I see a man on top of her.

My productivity at work has declined significantly and I am now on the verge of depression. Neighbours called the police on us one time after a lot of noise from out house. She accused me of domestic violence. The police had to separate us and I was stuck at home for an extended period and could not go to work due to this. I am now being investigated for domestic violence, which is a serious crime as madam wants it and I have had to report the situation to my company! The whole thing is so messy that I am scared that I have not seen the worst yet.

I am so afraid of losing it all and returning to Nigeria broke cos I spent my last card and even racked credit card debt to bring them here hoping to pay off gradually. I still have a few years to get my citizenship and if I lose my job now, that is the end for all of us!

For now, I don't know what is going to happen to us, as this woman is so determined to cause great and irreparable damage that could ruin our lives, just to get back at me and she is being cheered on by her family and friends.

UPDATE:

Divorce has now been filed. I also recently got lucky as I was able to secure a restraining order when she messed up again and hit me daring me to do my worst. I called the police and made a proper case and she was arrested. She has been banned from the house for a month. The police advised me to talk to my lawyer and extend indefinitely if I want to. I hope to get this done ASAP. The law here does not only protect women but also protects innocent men. All you need is patience and wisdom. Thank you all for your ideas. Still several hurdles to cross but I am on the winning side for now.
oga I didn't want to comment but out of anger I was forced to ask you please can't they deport her and send her lazy ass back to Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Wife Trying To Ruin My Career Within A Few Months Of Arriving Abroad by YINKS89(m): 2:15pm On May 23, 2020
No need for people to argue this further.... For the police to have separated them and for him to file for divorce in the last paragraph says it all...... What he didn't do in Nigeria and he's doing it now u should know what that means.... Anyways I rest my case
Re: Wife Trying To Ruin My Career Within A Few Months Of Arriving Abroad by adewumiopeyemi(m): 2:16pm On May 23, 2020
I gues she has already cut the distance with her family She no what she is doing
Thank God is not in Canada if it’s is Canada
Mehn they focus more on woman no matter what even the woman is guilty
Godbpraised:
Waste of time.
Re: Wife Trying To Ruin My Career Within A Few Months Of Arriving Abroad by bobluck: 2:17pm On May 23, 2020
When of this indomie generation makes one think if the devil is far from us...bros commit it to God.
Re: Wife Trying To Ruin My Career Within A Few Months Of Arriving Abroad by Ebenezer2O2O(m): 2:17pm On May 23, 2020
Mindlog:
Newly registered username, another tale.
first thing I had to do was to check his profile and when I saw "registered on may 2020 I gave up"
It's now becoming a trend

1 Like

Re: Wife Trying To Ruin My Career Within A Few Months Of Arriving Abroad by Trillyonaire: 2:17pm On May 23, 2020
Let them deport her
Re: Wife Trying To Ruin My Career Within A Few Months Of Arriving Abroad by CrazyOptimist: 2:17pm On May 23, 2020
These real life experiences of failed marriages have the propensity to instill fear in the minds of young people aspiring to marry in the nearest future. Having being married for 7 years, my advice to you is "MARRY YOUR FRIEND". It worked, still works and will continue to work.

5 Likes

Re: Wife Trying To Ruin My Career Within A Few Months Of Arriving Abroad by Segzy19: 2:17pm On May 23, 2020
You dey mind all these kids? They just open their mouths anyhow to talk anyhow
darfay:

For the fact that he isn't in good terms with his wife doesn't give you the right to refer to another man's wife as a hoe. Bros before your wife? Abeg make we dey reason and advise with sense
Re: Wife Trying To Ruin My Career Within A Few Months Of Arriving Abroad by biggie73(m): 2:18pm On May 23, 2020
...you need to ignore her totally, and have other plans.
Re: Wife Trying To Ruin My Career Within A Few Months Of Arriving Abroad by juman(m): 2:18pm On May 23, 2020
Lies
Re: Wife Trying To Ruin My Career Within A Few Months Of Arriving Abroad by Nobody: 2:18pm On May 23, 2020
LinLinGentle:
Ouch! that hurts!

With this reply, I can conclude this is a fake story.

NEXT!!!

1 Like

Re: Wife Trying To Ruin My Career Within A Few Months Of Arriving Abroad by apexx2860: 2:18pm On May 23, 2020
[color=#] 3781756[/color]
Re: Wife Trying To Ruin My Career Within A Few Months Of Arriving Abroad by Godbpraised: 2:18pm On May 23, 2020
Bros can I advise you men. Run for ur life that woman would not change, if u allow and "forgive her" men u are doomed. She may likely come back and hurt u badly. She may turn the table around you. Do away with her forever and ever amen. Forget her please. She would never change.
LinLinGentle:
Not a tale bro. This is my life right now, I swear! I am in a very messy situation and cannot reveal my identity cos a lot of people we know are on nairaland.
Re: Wife Trying To Ruin My Career Within A Few Months Of Arriving Abroad by fELiscatus: 2:19pm On May 23, 2020
Seun oya hire me as content creator on nairaland naa, I also know how to write stories like this own op concocted
Re: Wife Trying To Ruin My Career Within A Few Months Of Arriving Abroad by Nobody: 2:19pm On May 23, 2020
LinLinGentle:

UPDATE:

You married a self entitled village girl!!!

She seems not to have any responsibility aside staying at home

No tangible career, no tangible hustle, no decorum, she is just there to drain your life in order to reduce your confidence!!

Op, after the divorce is settled, take some time to reflect on the difficulties you passed through!!

Please only settle with a lady that is compatible with your life in all aspects!!

I am sorry to read your post... You must be bleeding inside!!!

May God safe all responsible men from any abusive, manipulative, temperamental She-devil pretending as a wife undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (36)

Conjoined Twins, Abby & Brittany Hensel Turned 21(story And Photos) / Don’t Kill Your Husband. This Is How To Deal With Him If He Is Cheating On You / Can You Sleep Using This Snake Bed Sheet Cover?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.