Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,669 members, 7,809,522 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:51 AM

Whitney Houston Suprise Act At The Celebration Of Gospel Bet - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Whitney Houston Suprise Act At The Celebration Of Gospel Bet (4407 Views)

D'banj Rock Agbada Dress For Birthday Celebration Of Shina Peller / Whitney Houston Murdered By Drug Dealers Over $1.5m Debt / Wizkid Nominated For World Wide Act At The MTV Music Awards (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whitney Houston Suprise Act At The Celebration Of Gospel Bet by ckz: 2:40pm On Jan 14, 2011
Whitney Houston and best friend (gospel singer) Kim Burrell, brought the house down last night at BET's 11th annual Celebration Of Gospel. As described on Twitter by spectators in attendace, Whitney walked out on stage during Kim's performance, and sent the crowd into a frenzy. The two singing divas, sung Whitney's inspirational ballad penned by R.Kelly, 'I Look To You', and was described as Whitney's best vocal performance in years.

Many doubters had lost some hope in Whitney ever sounding great again, but after last night's course of events, those opinions has changed in a big way.

Check out these collection of Tweets from last night's event:

JawnMurray

Kim Burrell & Whitney Houston singing "I Look To You!!!!!" People going bonkers!!!! #COG less than 10 seconds ago via ÜberTwitter

MichaelJTFisher

OMG!!!! Whitney Houston just hit the stage and she still got the star diva power!!! #Knodat #EndOfDiscussion
iLukLikeYes Kim Burrell and Whitney Houston just performed, U all come 2 my funeral cuz I've died n gone to heaven #legends 3 minutes ago via Echofon

Determinator101

Omg, Whitney Houston just killed it here at celebration of Gospel. Ain't here her sound that great in years!!! She's coming back!!!!!!!!
candywest

Kim Burrell and Whitney Houston just did "Look To You"!! Omgomgomgomgomg!!! This was sooooo major! And I saw it w/ my own eyes!! 6 minutes ago via ÜberTwitter

KeithAWilliams

Kim Burell and Whitney Houston just DEMOLISHED the Celebration of Gospel! 3 minutes ago via Twitter for iPhone

TheyCallMeLaDon

I'm at the celebration of gospel show right now having a blast! Its my favorite show. Whitney Houston just had an amazing performance! 16 minutes ago via Twitter for BlackBerry® Retweeted by miriamwknc

StephenGHill

Aaaaan there's whitney houston. Singing with Kim Burrell. Oh. Oh yeah. Team COG ain't NOTHIN' to mess with! #celebrationofgospel 9 minutes ago via ÜberTwitter

MzAshton

Pretty good show with lots of legends. Highlight by far was Whitney Houston. She sounds GREAT and looked absolutely gorgeous 24 minutes ago via ÜberTwitter

And those aren't even half the Tweets that were tweeted during last night's performance. Whitney was the surprise guest at last night's event (hosted by Steve Harvey), and no one knew she was there, let-along, would sing. Kim and Whitney has become very close friends in recent years, Kim help honor Whitney at the 2010 BET Honors, and paid Whitney a visit on her European leg on tour, where they sung on stage together. Whitney's 'Waiting To Exale's' co-star Angela Basset, was last night's presenter of their performance btw.

In the mean while, enjoy some photos of the legend Ms Whitney Houston, and Kim Burrell from last night's historic event by clicking here.

Other performers included, Kirk Franklin, Chaka Khan, Kim Burrell, Faith Evans, Vashawn Mitchell, Mary Mary, Kelly Price, Jessica Reedy, El Debarge, James Fortune & FIYA, Earnest Pugh, Smokie Norful, The Rance Allen Group, Beverly Crawford, Dr. Bobby Jones, and much more

In what was described as a "must-see" event this year, BET Celebration of Gospel will air on January 30th at 8PM on BET, that is channel 67 here in Orlando check your local listings.

Continue reading on Examiner.com: Whitney Houston and Kim Burrell wows the crowd at BET's Celebration Of Gospel - Orlando contemporary art | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/contemporary-art-in-orlando/whitney-houston-and-kim-burrel-wows-at-bet-s-celebration-of-gospel#ixzz1B160auK3

The legendary Whitney Houston brought the house at BET’s Celebration of Gospel extravaganza this past weekend. Introduced as a surprise guest during friend Kim Burrell’s performance, the ladies performed a duet version of Houston’s inspirational ballad ‘I Look To You’. Reports from those in attendance attest to Whitney’s voice being “the best she has genuinely sounded in years”.

BET’s Celebration of Gospel airs January 30th 2011.

Re: Whitney Houston Suprise Act At The Celebration Of Gospel Bet by ckz: 2:43pm On Jan 14, 2011

Re: Whitney Houston Suprise Act At The Celebration Of Gospel Bet by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jan 14, 2011
What a beautiful woman smiley
Re: Whitney Houston Suprise Act At The Celebration Of Gospel Bet by babyme1(f): 3:33pm On Jan 14, 2011
She looks good kiss
Re: Whitney Houston Suprise Act At The Celebration Of Gospel Bet by ememoluwa: 1:34pm On Jan 17, 2011
baby.me:

She looks good kiss

yeah she really does. Thank God for His mercies. Though age is not really on her side any more. The babe don turn to mama sharp sharp and she dey look it.
Re: Whitney Houston Suprise Act At The Celebration Of Gospel Bet by tjskii(f): 1:51pm On Jan 17, 2011
wat kind of gown is she putting on,the tin looks lik she wrapped herself up in bandages

(1) (Reply)

If You Ever Run Into Any Of These 15 Disturbing Creatures, You Need To Run! / Is Genevieve Getting Married Soon? (Pre-Bridal Photos) / One Corner Singer Patapaa Performs To Only 3 People On His Europe Tour

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.