Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,104 members, 7,828,859 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:16 PM

Sin Unto Death - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Sin Unto Death (154 Views)

Top Nigerian Pastors Hated T.B Joshua Unto Death – Pastor Giwa / What Is The Difference Between Sin Unto Death And Sin Not Unto Death / Ah! Sin Unto Death. (all Christians Only ) we waiting for Christians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Sin Unto Death by ublight: 9:06am On May 15, 2020
I have heard many people give various meaning to 1 john 5 vs 16 and 17. Some of them, hilarious. Some others, sorrowful.

But let me hear from you. What really is the Sin unto death. The answer is very simple. Share yours before i share mine.
Re: Sin Unto Death by Kobojunkie: 7:48pm On Nov 21, 2023
ublight:
■ I have heard many people give various meaning to 1 john 5 vs 16 and 17. Some of them, hilarious. Some others, sorrowful. But let me hear from you. What really is the Sin unto death. The answer is very simple. Share yours before i share mine.
The sin unto eternal death aka Eternal Damnation aka the Second Death spoken of by John in this context is the sin of blasphemy against the Holy Spirit.
13 I write this letter to you who believe in the Son of God. I write so that you will know that you have eternal life now.
14 We can come to God with no doubts. This means that when we ask God for things (and those things agree with what God wants for us), God cares about what we say.
15 He listens to us every time we ask him. So we know that he gives us whatever we ask from him.
16 Suppose you see your fellow believer sinning (sin that does not lead to eternal death). You should pray for them. Then God will give them life. I am talking about people whose sin does not lead to eternal death. There is sin that leads to death. I don’t mean that you should pray about that kind of sin.
17 Doing wrong is always sin. But there is sin that does not lead to eternal death.
18 We know that those who have been made God’s children do not continue to sin. The Son of God keeps them safe. The Evil One cannot hurt them.
[b]19
We know that we belong to God, but the Evil One controls the whole world.
20 And we know that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding. So now we can know the one who is true, and we live in that true God. We are in his Son, Jesus Christ. He is the true God, and he is eternal life.
21 So, dear children, keep yourselves away from false gods. - 1 John 5 vs 13 - 21
The consequence for blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is automatic and no amount of praying for such a person condemned for that sin can help or change the ruling against such a person. undecided

(1) (Reply)

There Is No Perfect Condition / "Faith In God’s Love Drives Out Fear" / Redmi Note 8 128gb /64gb Available 4gb Ram Brand New

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.