Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,426 members, 7,954,670 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 06:25 AM

Siasia With First Squad - Big Revolution! - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Siasia With First Squad - Big Revolution! (1566 Views)

El-rufai, Mikel, Siasia,Ighalo Win At Bet9ja Pitch Awards / Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! / Samson Siasia Sacked. Next Super Eagles Coach To Be Chosen Next Week (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Siasia With First Squad - Big Revolution! by marutimon: 8:55pm On Jan 14, 2011
GOALKEEPERS: Vincent Enyeama (Hapoel Tel Aviv, Israel), Dele Aiyenugba (Bnei Yehuda, Israel)

DEFENDERS: Chibuzor Okonkwo (Heartland), Ayodele Adeleye (Metallurh Donetsk, Ukraine),Taye Taiwo (Olympic Marseille, France), Michael Odibe (A. C. Siena, Italy), Olubayo Adefemi(Skoda Xanthi, Greece), Elderson Echiejile (Sporting Braga, Portugal), Joseph Yobo (Fenerbahce, Turkey)

MIDFIELDERS: John Mikel Obi (Chelsea, England), Obiora Nwankwo (Inter Milan, Italy),Victor Moses (Wigan Athletic, England), Bartholomew Ibenegbu (Heartland), Olufemi Ajilore (FC Groningen, The Netherlands)

FORWARDS: Ahmed Musa (V.V.V. Venlo, The Netherlands), Osaze Odemwingie (West Brom, England), Obinna Nsofor (West Ham, England), Shola Ameobi (Newcastle, England), Emmanuel Emenike (Karaburkspor, Turkey), Peter Utaka (Odense Boldklub, Denmark)

Frankly I am surprised with no Kalu Uche or Lukman Haruna, but all in all he brought in all the best defenders (Okonkwo, Adeleye, Adefemi) and all the perspective untried forwards. From the squad at the world cup only 2 GKs, 4 defenders and 2 strikers remain. That means 12 new faces (although Mikel is just coming back to the squad and not a new face).

Good to see two local guys (Okonkwo and Ibenegbu).
Re: Siasia With First Squad - Big Revolution! by 12large1: 9:24pm On Jan 14, 2011
i just can't understand why is Kalu uche dropped after all his performance the guy is better than most of the players called up how can ajilore,mikel,obinna,ameobi be called and kalu uche is dropped siasia i would take this squa as ur just joking
Re: Siasia With First Squad - Big Revolution! by semid1(m): 10:26pm On Jan 14, 2011
Is Apam Onyekachi injured cos I don't understand the rationale for not inviting him? undecided  He's our best central defender in my opinion and his partnership with Adeleye is the best for our defence.

Although I'm pissed about the exclusion of Kalu Uche, Victor Anichebe and Sanni kaita, I'm particularly happy about the invitation of Obiora Nwankwo, Victor Moses and Bartholomew Ibenegbu.

I would have loved Abduljeleel Ajagun and Ramon Azeez to be in the team too but I guess they can't play for U-21 and Super Eagles at the same time undecided

I'm sure Sia-1 will invite more home-based players into the team after the Obama Invitational in February.

All in all, a good list and big revolution indeed.
Re: Siasia With First Squad - Big Revolution! by marutimon: 11:07pm On Jan 14, 2011
I never said the revolution is great. I'm just saying it is a big revolution. Out of 20 outfield players from the World Cup Squad only 6 are left in the squad. Of those 6 Adeleye, Echeijile and Obinna were essentially fringe players at the World Cup.

How else would you call it if not a revolution? Siasia has not invited 70% of the squad!

I too am not a big fan of the Amoebi call-up, but I very much like the rest of the team.
Re: Siasia With First Squad - Big Revolution! by aieromon(m): 11:14pm On Jan 14, 2011
Big step. . . .i hope this translates to an improvement in game play.Cut the guy some slack.Kalu Uche got props 'cos his brother was injured.Ike is miles ahead.Let Siasia work with new legs and mould a team all Nigerians would be proud of.
Re: Siasia With First Squad - Big Revolution! by 12large1: 11:23pm On Jan 14, 2011
this aint definetly a big probs. midfield
mikel is one dimensonal
ajilore is not nigeria class
nwankwo is a good talent but everytime he has played this season for inter he has been very poor
ibenegbu good a natural playmaker with GO giving talent but he just lack the artificial stuff like power,pace his too slow but still a good player
ameobi- hahahahahahaha fuji house of commotion

so for me in other words this is just like amodu team good strikers decent defenders and no midfield. i expect a hopeless 424 formation at least we hope our strikers can score if not won't be suprise to lose to guatamala. for the guy saying kalu uche is playing because of his brother please watch him again for nigeria in 2010
Re: Siasia With First Squad - Big Revolution! by aieromon(m): 12:09am On Jan 15, 2011
There's nothing exceptional about Kalu as compared to Ike.
This team will always be subject to change till we get a team comparable to the '94 squad.
Re: Siasia With First Squad - Big Revolution! by mensdept: 12:39am On Jan 15, 2011
This is a great start Sia1. Those who are advocating for the return of Keita, or fielding Ibrahim (ahhh are you missing Okocha/) are not serious.

Of course there will always be the Anichebes and co that could be considered but lets see
Re: Siasia With First Squad - Big Revolution! by mensdept: 1:39am On Jan 15, 2011
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Based on what?
Re: Siasia With First Squad - Big Revolution! by samdigo(m): 11:15am On Jan 15, 2011
i am excited for eminike, da guy is a beast, he is gonna do well for nigeria
Re: Siasia With First Squad - Big Revolution! by otokx(m): 3:07pm On Jan 15, 2011
when are they playing their first match?
Re: Siasia With First Squad - Big Revolution! by phreakabit(m): 5:17pm On Jan 15, 2011
This is just silly of sia1. Dropping Kalu Uche for this washed up striker who refused to play for Nigeria initially? Ameobi is definitely going to be a flop! I would rather have Chrisantos Macaulay. BTW where the F is Anichebe? I just thank God say no Issac Promise on this one.
Re: Siasia With First Squad - Big Revolution! by mensdept: 9:24pm On Jan 15, 2011
12large1:

based on erything fool just watch the way he plays his not a goiod dribbler like okocha or a good free kick taker but the rest he is similar. even if he plays for kano pillars i rather him be our playmaker than mikel,nwankwo, or ajilore. anyway this is just siasia first squad he said more players would be given their chances

Look at who's the fool. "Based on everything", including boning your mumsi abi?

Well, Siasia didnt call your brother Ibrahim and it's nutin you can do.

Chao
Re: Siasia With First Squad - Big Revolution! by semid1(m): 7:31am On Jan 16, 2011
First thing I'd do is to delete all 12larges' insulting posts once I regain my posting privileges as semid4lyfe tongue
Re: Siasia With First Squad - Big Revolution! by marutimon: 12:27pm On Jan 16, 2011
x
Re: Siasia With First Squad - Big Revolution! by Ibime(m): 10:21pm On Jan 16, 2011
12large1:

guy you are mad. it is time that nigerians start realizing dat ibrahim is the closet to okocha in terms of playmaking. so we need him and he needs us

Stop ranting guy. Rabiu Ibrahim has been clubless since last summer.

Good start, however I would like to see Kaita and Anichebe in the squad.

Im guessing Obasi is injured.
Re: Siasia With First Squad - Big Revolution! by honeric01(m): 10:02am On Jan 17, 2011
Ameobi is just a player i hate to see in our uniform, that old cargo.
Re: Siasia With First Squad - Big Revolution! by medjai(m): 3:13pm On Jan 17, 2011
Shola Ameobi? WTF
Re: Siasia With First Squad - Big Revolution! by doublekay: 9:39pm On Jan 27, 2011
otokx:

when are they playing their first match?
9th of febuary against guatemala

(1) (Reply)

Fernando Torres Better For Liverpool Than Luis Suarez? / Top 10 Greatest Nigerian Footballers...Notice Anything? / Zambia Coach Planning Seriously To Beat Super Eagles, Qualify For The World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.