Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,380 members, 7,864,740 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 05:18 AM

How Can We Preserve Our Tribal Languages And History? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / How Can We Preserve Our Tribal Languages And History? (386 Views)

Languages Spoken In Each Of The 36 States In Nigeria / Baby Girl's Face Mutilated With Tribal Marks (Photo) / Nigerian Lady With Tribal Marks Almost Committed Suicide (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Can We Preserve Our Tribal Languages And History? by Rafoski: 8:35pm On May 16, 2020
At the moment, it might seem a little less obvious that we are losing the number of native speakers of our various languages. You might not observe this but it's true. The idea of passing down the language causes it to lose it's essence over time. That said, one may argue that we don't really need tribal languages since we have English to communicate with. But I'm more interested in the promotion and preservation of our histories as Africans. The aesthetic appeal of our various tribes, their art, their myths, their legends et cetera. As it is, history is not taught in elementary schools or secondary schools save for the students who learn history, linguistics and related topics in colleges. I was trying to think of a software project for myself earlier today and I it crossed my mind to build a mobile app that can help anyone learn their tribal languages and stuff. But more importantly, I'm asking you the question; "How can we preserve our tribal languages and history?"
Re: How Can We Preserve Our Tribal Languages And History? by Adeba01(m): 2:38pm On May 01, 2021
Hate to be pessimistic but I think you and I are fighting for a lost cause; (as me too I'm concerned about the preservation of the traditional african tribal culture and customs.)
Whenever I see, hear, talk and think of black africans they try to be more white than white people themselves, it's so embarrassing and reeks of inferiority complex.
Initially, when I was first exposed to the self hatred displayed by black africans I would be shocked, but now I am so used to it, that I get genuinely surprised � when an intelligent fellow like yourself gets concerned over extremely important issues like the preservation of African culture and Customs, I'm afraid to say it is a losing battle I wish I was born prior to european intrusion and colonisation and to live the life of my ancestors, that is the only solution I see.

(1) (Reply)

The Ooni Of Ife Donates 2 Motorized Modular Fumigator To The Bayelsa State. / Have You Asked Where The Benin Got Their Bronze From / Who Else Noticed Google Celebrated Late Oliver D'coque?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.