Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,766 members, 7,851,616 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 12:58 AM

Why Can't Nigeria Government Allow Citizens To Posses Guns At Home For Defence? - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Why Can't Nigeria Government Allow Citizens To Posses Guns At Home For Defence? (4127 Views)

Reps Reject Motion To Allow Citizens Carry Arms / Mohammed Ahmad: Allow Citizens To Carry Guns, Bandits Not Ready To Surrender / Wanted Kidnapper Who Shoots With 2 AK-47 Guns At The Same Time, Arrested. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Can't Nigeria Government Allow Citizens To Posses Guns At Home For Defence? by Rich4god(m): 5:45pm On May 17, 2020
SpecialAgent:
undecided

They will not approve because

1~ You will decimate fulani bandits
2~You will exterminate boko boys when they attack

Those in government sponsoring thugs & those killers will never allow it. ever!

Now, a simple solution.

Get a nice gun probably illegal
when some one attacks ur House, shower them with bullets & then make it look like the assailants are the owners of the guns.
Nigerian Security agencies don't do forensics, so you are good to go.

Then go get another gun again, Repeat as often as possible grin
Seriously, over sense dey worry... grin grin grin
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Government Allow Citizens To Posses Guns At Home For Defence? by Rich4god(m): 6:05pm On May 17, 2020
Am not in support of guns in the hands of the citizens, not because I don't like it, buy because our nation is too divided and too corrupt to have too many guns with the people.

I remember back in my school days, robbers attacked my compound and my room was the only casualty... Seriously, if I had a gun, am sure I would have gunned down the four robbers even if the are carrying AK-47 each.

If only the citizens are sane and free from tribal and religious bigotry, guns at the hands of the people would have been the best. Just look at what armed bandits are doing to villages in Katsina, zamfara and other northern states.

Even if the bandits still over power the village, at least one or two bandits must have been gunned down.
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Government Allow Citizens To Posses Guns At Home For Defence? by Nobody: 6:11pm On May 17, 2020
It will be a disaster
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Government Allow Citizens To Posses Guns At Home For Defence? by Nobody: 9:57pm On May 17, 2020
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Government Allow Citizens To Posses Guns At Home For Defence? by Nobody: 10:04pm On May 17, 2020
Rich4god:
Am not in support of guns in the hands of the citizens, not because I don't like it, buy because our nation is too divided and too corrupt to have too many guns with the people.

I remember back in my school days, robbers attacked my compound and my room was the only casualty... Seriously, if I had a gun, am sure I would have gunned down the four robbers even if the are carrying AK-47 each.

If only the citizens are sane and free from tribal and religious bigotry, guns at the hands of the people would have been the best. Just look at what armed bandits are doing to villages in Katsina, zamfara and other northern states.

Even if the bandits still over power the village, at least one or two bandits must have been gunned down.

If you have guns, bandits will hardly mess with you. They are very cowardly. just a few ambushes will make them stay clear of ur area. Hide under vigilante & get an express magnum with 12 gauges or more. That's one of the legal way of getting a moderately good gun
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Government Allow Citizens To Posses Guns At Home For Defence? by hahn(m): 10:05pm On May 17, 2020
Explorers:
I'm not talking about AK-47, DSS F2000, or AR-15, M16, M4, or any military grade weapons.

I'm talking about low capacity guns like 9mm handguns, glocks, shotguns, barrels, revolver, cockk&shoot hunting rifles etc.

Years back, you can obtain license for double/single barrel, and shotguns.

Not anymore since the present Administration came onboard. So i heard.

Nigeria that cannot regulate catapult, you want them to regulate guns

1 Like

Re: Why Can't Nigeria Government Allow Citizens To Posses Guns At Home For Defence? by Karlebolu(m): 10:52pm On May 17, 2020
hahn:

Nigeria that cannot regulate catapult, you want them to regulate guns

grin grin
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Government Allow Citizens To Posses Guns At Home For Defence? by Hoodbilonia: 5:44am On May 18, 2020
All i need is just A mac 10
With extended clip.

Re: Why Can't Nigeria Government Allow Citizens To Posses Guns At Home For Defence? by EmeraldKing7(m): 8:15am On May 18, 2020
Say America dey do am nor mean say we go copy

Perhaps, Nigeria is too corrupt to achieve smth like this...Even if it were to happen,bad guys go prepare well and still go Rob

P.S..USA still has her own problems.Children are now going to schools with bulletproof bags.. Imagine

1 Like

Re: Why Can't Nigeria Government Allow Citizens To Posses Guns At Home For Defence? by Nostradamus: 9:50am On May 18, 2020
Exmilitant:
you serious 'bout needing one?
I need one bro.how do I get it??

I tried asking around nairaland(check my threads)on how to get one.told me license has been cancelled for it..now I don't care if I get it legally or illegally.
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Government Allow Citizens To Posses Guns At Home For Defence? by StrikeThru: 12:20pm On May 18, 2020
The cons is definitely more than the pros using Nigeria as a study.
Is it Nigeria that can't even boast of a good database that wants to keep record or the ever aggresive nature of most Nigerians?
I pity those guys that, any small thing, dey don impregnate person pikin.
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Government Allow Citizens To Posses Guns At Home For Defence? by MansoryMX(m): 12:32pm On May 18, 2020
Tissaia:
My Dad have Guns my elder brother too

And you have one two in between your legs grin

Re: Why Can't Nigeria Government Allow Citizens To Posses Guns At Home For Defence? by Exmilitant(m): 1:18pm On May 18, 2020
Nostradamus:
I need one bro.how do I get it??

I tried asking around nairaland(check my threads)on how to get one.told me license has been cancelled for it..now I don't care if I get it legally or illegally.

Location and type of... You need
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Government Allow Citizens To Posses Guns At Home For Defence? by Nostradamus: 5:39pm On May 18, 2020
Exmilitant:
Location and type of... You need
I'm in Akure.ondo state

Should I dm you?
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Government Allow Citizens To Posses Guns At Home For Defence? by lereinter(m): 7:17am On May 20, 2020
The inefficiency of the police and security should be the first consideration

Look at the time used by those bastards trying to break down the door, still the police has not arrived

Allowing easy access to guns would be disastrous in a society like nigeria

Even with in the US with prompt 911, gun violence has been in a higher scale and robbery too on the increase.
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Government Allow Citizens To Posses Guns At Home For Defence? by dederocs(m): 8:15am On May 20, 2020
This is a good solution, it will end petty criminals invading homes, or help end their useless lives.
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Government Allow Citizens To Posses Guns At Home For Defence? by illicit(m): 8:20am On May 20, 2020
Gun that herdmen carry about without license
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Government Allow Citizens To Posses Guns At Home For Defence? by Nobody: 9:20am On May 20, 2020
The Nigeria firearms act states that "No person shall have in his possession or under his firearms control any firearm...

Re: Why Can't Nigeria Government Allow Citizens To Posses Guns At Home For Defence? by Jokerman(m): 9:53am On May 20, 2020
Nigeria ke.

Hellfire go boku niyen grin
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Government Allow Citizens To Posses Guns At Home For Defence? by SKhanmi: 1:34pm On May 20, 2020
Majority here would change their mind if they have been robbed before undecided. A life changing event like that would make them stop looking at the current situation with rose colored lens. Continue to think that the Nigerian govt gives a damn about your safety except your VIPs. I'll rather be armed than go through one of those experiences again as an helpless victim. To blazes with the npf

1 Like

Re: Why Can't Nigeria Government Allow Citizens To Posses Guns At Home For Defence? by enomakos(m): 4:42pm On May 28, 2020
SpecialAgent:
undecided

They will not approve because

1~ You will decimate fulani bandits
2~You will exterminate boko boys when they attack

Those in government sponsoring thugs & those killers will never allow it. ever!

Now, a simple solution.

Get a nice gun probably illegal
when some one attacks ur House, shower them with bullets & then make it look like the assailants are the owners of the guns.
Nigerian Security agencies don't do forensics, so you are good to go.

Then go get another gun again, Repeat as often as possible grin
correct
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Government Allow Citizens To Posses Guns At Home For Defence? by Puya: 8:10pm On May 28, 2020
RoyalBlak007:
The outcome will

be catastrophic

Dear RoyalBlak,

I don’t know if you’re aware, but you owe me a phone and a certain chocolate

Do reach out to me when you see this

Warm Regards.
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Government Allow Citizens To Posses Guns At Home For Defence? by ryusufu(m): 9:15am On May 29, 2020
starbuck:
Honestly i need a short gun too... I went to police station make enquiries and they said they don't issue licenced guns and even if it's possible, the process will be tedious for me because of my gender...

Sadly, my dad has submitted back his double barrel he had, i can remember him using it on an armed robber that came to our house back when we were little, can't remember if the robber survived it..
they doesn't issue gun license to females in Nigeria, I don't actually know the reason for that. And the process of acquiring a gun isn't that tedious, we acquired one within a week.

1 Like

Re: Why Can't Nigeria Government Allow Citizens To Posses Guns At Home For Defence? by xamuell: 12:48am On May 30, 2020
Tasers, stun guns, pepper spray are suitable options for civilians.
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Government Allow Citizens To Posses Guns At Home For Defence? by seanjy4konji: 2:42pm On Jun 02, 2020
Start thinking of making large money..large money if you intend to be living in Nigeria..
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Government Allow Citizens To Posses Guns At Home For Defence? by Godstime247147: 11:31pm On Aug 23, 2020
RoyalBlak007:
The outcome will

be catastrophic

Bros
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Government Allow Citizens To Posses Guns At Home For Defence? by Superjazz: 12:24pm On Aug 24, 2020
Explorers:
Possession of these weapons will be checked and controlled:

* Gun stores will be government approved/licensed, 2-3 stores in each state with each store having data base, keeping records, transaction history of customers or buyers.

* A family/household cannot purchase/posses more than two guns, (just one gun for single individual) with limited ammo.

* Before an individual or family could purchase one, they must have passed psychiatric tests from a government hospital.

* Occupation, what you do for a living, residence, next of kin will also be checked before purchase and attached to the transaction(Touts, aliens or undocument beings from Niger cannot just walk into the store to purchase). Incase of crime committed with the gun, the bullet casing can be used to trace the owner.

* Citizens cannot carry weapons in public places.

* Parents will have a strong safe with code lock to keep guns out of reach of children.
Stop forming sci fi grin u want buhari to legalize gun so that people can defend themselves from his bloodthirsty illiterate brothers on rampage abi

1 Like

Re: Why Can't Nigeria Government Allow Citizens To Posses Guns At Home For Defence? by Superjazz: 12:26pm On Aug 24, 2020
xamuell:
Tasers, stun guns, pepper spray are suitable options for civilians.
How about poisoned Crossbow grin
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Government Allow Citizens To Posses Guns At Home For Defence? by Explorers(m): 5:53am On Feb 18, 2021
Like i said about a year ago, still not making sense

Lalasticlala

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kidnapper Displays Human Head For Sales In Atan Ota Market, Ogun State / Two Sex Workers In Fights Dirty Over Snatching Of Customer (Photos) / Slay Queens Strip, Torture Their Friend For Allegedly Stealing N400k Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.