Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,961 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:05 AM

Akwa Ibom Rejects Cars Exxonmobil Donated - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Akwa Ibom Rejects Cars Exxonmobil Donated (46639 Views)

Video Of Nwoko Eric, The Driver Who Donated His Kidney To His Boss' Brother / COVID-19: Akwa Ibom Rejects 10 Vehicles Donated By Exxonmobil / Akwa Ibom Rejects COVID-19 Results, Asks NCDC To Conduct Fresh Tests (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akwa Ibom Rejects Cars Exxonmobil Donated by dre11(m): 5:02pm On May 17, 2020
The Akwa Ibom State Government has rejected 10 vehicles donated to it for contact tracing in the face of the COVID- 19 pandemic barely 48 hours after it accepted the oil giant’s gesture.

The multinational oil company last Friday donated WHO-standard RNA COVID-19 test kits for 1,920 tests, 1000 units of sample collection kits, two brand new ambulances and 15 other vehicles to the State Government.

The items worth millions were received by the Secretary to the State Government (SSG) Dr. Emmanuel Ekuwem amid commendation.

However, 48 hours after, the State Government rejected the 10 vehicles donated by ExxonMobil describing them as ‘used and worn-out’.

The action was preceded the call by the federal lawmaker representing Eket/Esit Eket/Onna/Ibeno constituency for the vehicles to be rejected on the ground that they were obsolete.

The State Government, in a statement by the Commissioner for Information, Mr Charles Udoh, said its decision to reject the vehicles followed an evaluation of other donations by the oil company.

“The vehicles are considered too old and not in good enough operational conditions to withstand the rigors of contact tracing which they were meant to serve.

“However, the state government has accepted the two ambulances and 20 hospital beds also donated by the oil company despite the fact that the ambulances are converted buses while the beds are below the standard of those currently in secondary healthcare facilities in the state.

“The Akwa Ibom State Government appreciates the continued support of corporate bodies and private individuals who have so far made cash or other materials donations towards the fight against COVID-19 in the state,” the statement reads.

The Managing Director of ExxonMobil Companies in Nigeria, Mr. Paul McGrath, during the donation last weekend said the firm was partnering with the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) and other stakeholders on ways to halt the spread of coronavirus.

He said ExxonMobil’s donation was part of an oil and gas industry’s effort as coordinated by the NNPC to provide medical supplies, deploy additional equipment and to support medical infrastructure as well as in-patient treatment.

McGrath said that the NNPC/MPN Joint Ventures efforts were being guided by government agencies’ advice with regard to specific requirements and determining the areas of greatest need.

“Supporting Nigeria’s fight against COVID-19 requires a broad, collective effort that should follow the guidelines established by the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) as well as the State and Federal Governments,” he said.

https://thenationonlineng.net/covid-19-aibom-rejects-vehicles-donated-by-exxonmobil/

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akwa Ibom Rejects Cars Exxonmobil Donated by Davash222(m): 5:02pm On May 17, 2020
They for kuku reject other ones... Why only the vehicles??

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akwa Ibom Rejects Cars Exxonmobil Donated by Ynix(m): 5:04pm On May 17, 2020
Inside life
grin grin cheesy

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Akwa Ibom Rejects Cars Exxonmobil Donated by majamajic(m): 5:05pm On May 17, 2020
Hahaha

Someone go don go collect money of new vehicles from Mobil account come supply Nigeria used , without knowing that this begger get choice grin

184 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Akwa Ibom Rejects Cars Exxonmobil Donated by chariisGRACE(m): 5:09pm On May 17, 2020
I dash you money, you stand for my presence count. after counting you tell me say e no dey enough.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom Rejects Cars Exxonmobil Donated by PositiveDirect: 5:35pm On May 17, 2020
Ok
Re: Akwa Ibom Rejects Cars Exxonmobil Donated by jidamsel43(m): 6:01pm On May 17, 2020
Beggars turning down helps. Anyway, everybody knows that this pandemic is an avenue to garner wealth by politicians. The used vehicle will not be valuable after Corona

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom Rejects Cars Exxonmobil Donated by meum: 6:46pm On May 17, 2020
Chai! Bad publicity for ExxonMobil

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akwa Ibom Rejects Cars Exxonmobil Donated by Tobinrobin(m): 6:47pm On May 17, 2020
LOL. Apparently they were expecting new cars, why can’t you repair them & make use of them instead of returning them?

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akwa Ibom Rejects Cars Exxonmobil Donated by Blue3k(m): 6:47pm On May 17, 2020
No issue if they dont like Exxon mobil donation they're free to get their own stuff. They found billions to fund a church there's no reason to cry about a gift. Lol these politicians just use foreign companies to distract from their own actions.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Akwa Ibom Rejects Cars Exxonmobil Donated by landforeast(m): 6:47pm On May 17, 2020
G

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Rejects Cars Exxonmobil Donated by shiki(m): 6:48pm On May 17, 2020
cry shameful act by Exxonmobil

11 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Rejects Cars Exxonmobil Donated by philips007(m): 6:48pm On May 17, 2020
Ok
Re: Akwa Ibom Rejects Cars Exxonmobil Donated by ekensi01: 6:48pm On May 17, 2020
cheesy

We can't say anything. Nigerians are not transparent at all.

Even wall is better

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Rejects Cars Exxonmobil Donated by Slawormir: 6:49pm On May 17, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom Rejects Cars Exxonmobil Donated by travelwaka: 6:49pm On May 17, 2020
There is more to this lol
Re: Akwa Ibom Rejects Cars Exxonmobil Donated by backbone503(m): 6:49pm On May 17, 2020
Akwa Ibom deserves far better from ExxonMobil. They make their money from Akwa Ibom, yet have headquarters in Lagos. If they hadn't been severally called-out, I'm sure they never would have donated those sub standard stuff. The company has a very poor sense of Corporate social responsibility.

33 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Rejects Cars Exxonmobil Donated by ojun50(m): 6:50pm On May 17, 2020
Lolz 9ja my country
Re: Akwa Ibom Rejects Cars Exxonmobil Donated by ekestic1976(f): 6:50pm On May 17, 2020
chariisGRACE:
I dash you money, you stand for my presence count. after counting you tell me say e no dey enough.

Not quite the same thing!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom Rejects Cars Exxonmobil Donated by NaijadrivaCars: 6:50pm On May 17, 2020
Re: Akwa Ibom Rejects Cars Exxonmobil Donated by Newphil: 6:50pm On May 17, 2020
That is their choice
Re: Akwa Ibom Rejects Cars Exxonmobil Donated by bamasite2: 6:50pm On May 17, 2020
Make them bring am for me o...

But it is unheard of that a multinational of the repute of ExxonMobil will condescend so low to donate obsolete vehicles.

There is need for a thorough investigation! Corruption ni yen

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Rejects Cars Exxonmobil Donated by Factfinder1(m): 6:50pm On May 17, 2020
We have everything we need in akwa ibom we dont take bribes or gifts with ulterior motives

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Rejects Cars Exxonmobil Donated by AZeD1(m): 6:51pm On May 17, 2020
In my opinion, I believe it was rejected because government officials wanted to hijack the vehicles for personal use but then they discovered it was "below" them.

Like I said, it's just my opinion.
It would also be good to see a picture of the vehicles.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom Rejects Cars Exxonmobil Donated by PositiveDirect: 6:51pm On May 17, 2020
tongue
Re: Akwa Ibom Rejects Cars Exxonmobil Donated by Investpro14(m): 6:51pm On May 17, 2020
Not good enough to resell abi ??

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Rejects Cars Exxonmobil Donated by Badonasty(m): 6:51pm On May 17, 2020
This is new...naija politician reject something...there’s more to this

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom Rejects Cars Exxonmobil Donated by jericco1(m): 6:52pm On May 17, 2020
If they rejected it for the aforementioned reasons, then I have zero qualms but if there's something that they are not saying, then it is foolish. Well next time, they should attach a pictorial evidence to back up what they are saying.. undecided

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

HIV/AIDS Support Group.... / 387 New COVID-19 Cases, 105 Discharged And 2 Deaths On May 29 - (2099 Tested) / A Lesson From Tramadol Abuse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.